[Counter-Guide] How to Lane/Fight against Vlad (Or: Stop *****ing and read this)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MythcBurst

10-02-2010

This made me LoL xD

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

Megabumpattack

VeganAtheist

10-17-2010

nice guide. i don't want vlad nerfed :'( I have liked all of the nerfs he's already got, though, it's made him funner to play as.

Never Knows Best

10-17-2010

good guide for those who aren't sure what to do against the vampire of LoL.

If I may suggest adding something to this guild?

One of the better people to counter vlad with although few seem to do it right. Is Katarina. No hold your protests until i post my point and its a valid point to make to kat users in general.

pop killer instincts, press q watch it go down the minions every chance you get. vlad healing down by 50% for x amount of time and he takes damage. yes he can pool but he has to do so before you toss the dagger and if he chooses to do so he loses his escape tool and deals more damage than your dagger would. The reason why kat is a decent counter *not the best only bc of summoner errors can occur* is she doesn't run on an mp bar like vlad doesn't. She can cancel heals which is something that vlad can't stand to have done to him repeatedly. Ask most vlad users out there they'll flame on about how kat's broken beyond belief bc she cancels his spam ability.

FogRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

Problem: What happens when I engage in a full fight and still lose? I had this happen earlier today.

Situation: I'm fiddle. I have all my CDs up, including ult. I think Vlad and I are around level 7 or so, in fact he was ganked at level 1, so I'm extra confident. He's at 1/2 HP, I'm at 3/4. H's forward in the lane (side lane, the fight never touches a tower). I decide to try and kill him.

Crowstorm->Pool. I knew that would happen. He ults me now. I Terrify->Darkwind and begin to drain him. It's level 1...but I think that his sliver of HP won't hold out. He's throwing E's and Q's.

He beats me. Straight up. I'm left scratching my head. He just tanked everything and won anyway. Are there certain heroes who just straight-up should never ever engage Vlad one-on-one?

Dahras

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogRaider View Post
Problem: What happens when I engage in a full fight and still lose? I had this happen earlier today.

Situation: I'm fiddle. I have all my CDs up, including ult. I think Vlad and I are around level 7 or so, in fact he was ganked at level 1, so I'm extra confident. He's at 1/2 HP, I'm at 3/4. H's forward in the lane (side lane, the fight never touches a tower). I decide to try and kill him.

Crowstorm->Pool. I knew that would happen. He ults me now. I Terrify->Darkwind and begin to drain him. It's level 1...but I think that his sliver of HP won't hold out. He's throwing E's and Q's.

He beats me. Straight up. I'm left scratching my head. He just tanked everything and won anyway. Are there certain heroes who just straight-up should never ever engage Vlad one-on-one?
Did he have ignite? His ult plus Q would heal him a bunch and if he ignited you then he might very well beat you, especially having equalized during the crowstorm-->pool exchange.

The key with Vlad is that if he has all CD's (including summoners) up after level 7, he will most likely win if YOU initiate and are not at full health. The reason vlad isn't too OP is that he can't close the distance to take advantage of all of his CD's so he depends on other people misreading his strength.

FogRaider

10-17-2010

Quote:
Did he have ignite? His ult plus Q would heal him a bunch and if he ignited you then he might very well beat you, especially having equalized during the crowstorm-->pool exchange.

The key with Vlad is that if he has all CD's (including summoners) up after level 7, he will most likely win if YOU initiate and are not at full health. The reason vlad isn't too OP is that he can't close the distance to take advantage of all of his CD's so he depends on other people misreading his strength.
Yes, he did have ignite.

Thanks for clearing that up. So...I can't initiate either? Ick. Wait...how is his fight suddenly weaker if he starts with an attempted Q harass? Should I have just abandoned the lane and gone ganking? (this is the main option that I thought of in hindsight)

Burning Rose

10-21-2010

Official mega-bump time!

hardFAILus

10-22-2010

Funny to see that the way to deal with troublesome guys is always the same. Harrass them continously and hard before they turn lvl 5-6. Also works with Mordekaiser (his shield can be easily removed with standard attacks till like lvl 3-4) or Zilean (can't do **** after he placed a bomb for a looong time). But once they gain levels and people did not aggressively charge them and joined the game of continously being harrassed by those heroes, they are just destined to die ;P

Burning Rose

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardFAILus View Post
Funny to see that the way to deal with troublesome guys is always the same. Harrass them continously and hard before they turn lvl 5-6. Also works with Mordekaiser (his shield can be easily removed with standard attacks till like lvl 3-4) or Zilean (can't do **** after he placed a bomb for a looong time). But once they gain levels and people did not aggressively charge them and joined the game of continously being harrassed by those heroes, they are just destined to die ;P
Yep.

On a related note, a Good Vladimir will always lose to a good Mordekaiser mid.

Always.