If Morello is disconnected with Live Team

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrrion

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Some clarification! Thanks Smash I'm really bad with names, so... ;(

Sejuani with AD ratios is an interesting proposition. I think the only problem I would have with her having AD ratios over AP ratios is how she communicates that damage thematically. Something like Permafrost where Sejuani "converts" frosted targets into permafrosted targets is something that screams magic damage, and to convert it to an AD ratio would just feel really off. I think the champ design team really values readability at a glance, so if you were to find out that this magical-looking ability scaled off AD, it might be disconcerting.

That said, I'm a personal fan of AP scaling Sejuani just because I like LIandrys and the new AP spell vamp + smite jungle crest on her. Boatloads of damage!

And because you asked, I'll give you my... fourth best punny joke. My very best punny joke is reserved for those who ask in person and, once I tell it, we'll have to part ways because you'll need some time alone to giggle.

So... What time does Sean Connery go to Wimbledon?

Tennish.
+1 for Tennis joke.

Rammasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Quote:

Sejuani with AD ratios is an interesting proposition. I think the only problem I would have with her having AD ratios over AP ratios is how she communicates that damage thematically. Something like Permafrost where Sejuani "converts" frosted targets into permafrosted targets is something that screams magic damage, and to convert it to an AD ratio would just feel really off. I think the champ design team really values readability at a glance, so if you were to find out that this magical-looking ability scaled off AD, it might be disconcerting.

That said, I'm a personal fan of AP scaling Sejuani just because I like LIandrys and the new AP spell vamp + smite jungle crest on her. Boatloads of damage!

And because you asked, I'll give you my... fourth best punny joke. My very best punny joke is reserved for those who ask in person and, once I tell it, we'll have to part ways because you'll need some time alone to giggle.

Tennish.
I haven't picked a red to swear allegiance to... You have won my oath

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

It's really sad Morello isn't on this as much as he used to, because he posts a lot on the forums.

The whole live team pops in maybe.... 2-3 times a week to add something valuable to a discussion. Most of the time, they just justify their decisions, they don't debate. Not that it's bad to give explanations, just sometimes it would be cool to have answers about things that aren't talked about as much, like AP Ezreal or Burst mages for example. Morello's the ONLY ONE I've seen commenting on that.

I've kind of given up completely on this thread, but if a Red wants to prove me wrong
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2869475

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-27-2013
7 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammasaur View Post
I haven't picked a red to swear allegiance to... You have won my oath
My army of one. You will be a sergeant because I don't know my army ranks and I will not be bothered to learn them to designate you a fitting role. Go forth and do good. Also tell bad jokes. Loudly.

OneDragonArmy

02-27-2013

Quote:

Tennish.
That joke is amazing-why can't we favorite Rioters?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

02-27-2013
8 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
But....but we talked to one another today.

And yesterday. In person. For an hour.

;(

ZenitFTW

02-27-2013

Lol ^

Drummuh Dude

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

;(
If you look closely, you can see a lone tear dripping down the cheek of Scarizard's avatar...

Noraver

02-27-2013

Quote:
Something like Permafrost where Sejuani "converts" frosted targets into permafrosted targets is something that screams magic damage, and to convert it to an AD ratio would just feel really off. I think the champ design team really values readability at a glance, so if you were to find out that this magical-looking ability scaled off AD, it might be disconcerting.
Sejuani charging into someone with a giant boar, or throwing her flail SCREAMS physical damage. Arctic Assault SCREAMS physical, and you have to admit, her ult seems like it would use both.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-27-2013
9 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

;(
I... actually didn't know you were specifically on live design. That's why. And you tell bad jokes. Except the Sivir one.

Your one redeeming joke thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
It's really sad Morello isn't on this as much as he used to, because he posts a lot on the forums.

The whole live team pops in maybe.... 2-3 times a week to add something valuable to a discussion. Most of the time, they just justify their decisions, they don't debate. Not that it's bad to give explanations, just sometimes it would be cool to have answers about things that aren't talked about as much, like AP Ezreal or Burst mages for example. Morello's the ONLY ONE I've seen commenting on that.

I've kind of given up completely on this thread, but if a Red wants to prove me wrong
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2869475
So you're coming out a little aggressive here ;p I can't really comment one way or another on red interaction, but maybe I can offer another viewpoint.

Discussing with the community when you have anything to do with design sounds like a very stressful thing. It takes an incredible amount of concentration and nuance to communicate and discuss in such a way that's healthy, can't get thrown back at you out of context, and doesn't set a weird expectation of, for example, "AP EZREAL APPROVED BY RIOT MEANS I CAN PLAY IT ALWAYS AND IT WILL NEVER CHANGE."

There are so many people who trawl the forums on a daily basis looking for red posts to bundle together into a news post with the word "CONFIRMED!" on the headline. For a developer to have a light discussion on AP Ezreal and how they like its niche fun, those words could easily haunt him or her when (HUGE DISCLAIMER: I AM MAKING THIS UP) the entire team realizes that Ezreal should thematically be AD-focused and they update his kit accordingly.

It's not to say that developers get scared of making impactful decisions (trust me, they will if it's necessary for the health of the game), but sometimes it can be a little (VERY) daunting to jump into a conversation knowing that a lot of your passionate audience is out for blood. Y'all can be a scary crowd sometimes!

Anyway, neither an excuse here, nor do I even want to validate any opinions - I just want to say it's scary, and that's a scary thing. If that makes sense.

1234567 ... 10