If Morello is disconnected with Live Team

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ophirr

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
I used to be a journalist I think there are a few occupations there that utilize those three attributes.

Just under a month ago, actually!

And I will oblige with a joke.

Why were the dark ages called the dark ages?

THERE WERE SO MANY KNIGHTS.
I've seen like the last four threads you've posted in lately, and I've gotta say keep up the good work. Your jokes crack me up, and you foster some good discussion/info. Five stars.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-27-2013
3 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimieh View Post
thats why u dont know xypherous isn't part of the live team, its still a huge mistake because I don't even work for riot and know that
Xypherous does a lot of work with item balancing currently You can see his latest 'context post' on his live design work with Blade of the Ruined King, Bilgewater Cutlass, and how the team views other changes like Taric, Hecarim, Warmog's, Tristana/Ashe/Vayne, etc. You'll also note that the title of the thread in and of itself is "Live Design - PBE Context. . ." so...!

EDIT: The link! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3131873

So perhaps Xypherous is not a "part of" the live design team (I don't know where they draw the line themselves), but he certainly contributes! You ARE, however, correct in that I've been here only a month, so I'm certainly learning who's where and why.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

02-27-2013
4 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophirr View Post
I've seen like the last four threads you've posted in lately, and I've gotta say keep up the good work. Your jokes crack me up, and you foster some good discussion/info. Five stars.
Appreciated! I like keeping a pulse on things through interaction so that if I can have the flexibility to put out fires where needed. If you ever want to strike up a discussion on League of Legends related subjects, I have a lot of fun with the process and I tend to stay informed on most topics where I can.

Mimieh

02-27-2013

Quote:
Xypherous does a lot of work with item balancing currently You can see his latest 'context post' on his live design work with Blade of the Ruined King, Bilgewater Cutlass, and how the team views other changes like Taric, Hecarim, Warmog's, Tristana/Ashe/Vayne, etc. You'll also note that the title of the thread in and of itself is "Live Design - PBE Context. . ." so...!

EDIT: The link! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3131873

So perhaps Xypherous is not a "part of" the live design team (I don't know where they draw the line themselves), but he certainly contributes! You ARE, however, correct in that I've been here only a month, so I'm certainly learning who's where and why.
hehe, sorry didn't mean to be rude. anyway I'm sure he does contribute, I really like his champions. by "live team" I mean that xypherous is not in charge of nerfs and buffs, that's what the OP wants to know too

Noraver

02-27-2013

Quote:
Appreciated! I like keeping a pulse on things through interaction so that if I can have the flexibility to put out fires where needed. If you ever want to strike up a discussion on things, I have a lot of fun with the process.
What do you think about Sejuani with AD ratios?
I want to crush people underfoot, not magic them to death. ;~;

..I would also like to hear another one of your punny jokes.
The best one you have!

Zerglinator

02-27-2013

My biggest problem is that the live team members seem to post less frequently than Morello. While I do enjoy and value Morello's posts and insights, if the live team is what we're supposed to reach out to for a design question, they should post more often and more consistently.

Example case: People have been complaining about Warmog's and health stacking for weeks, and we just got a Xypherous post relating to it yesterday.

I Like Tanks

02-27-2013

Sometimes I wish that I could go bowling with RiotSilver, then I'd feel bad for doing better, so I'd let him win.
Then everything would escalate, like in my harem animes.

SmashGizmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

02-27-2013
5 of 23 Riot Posts

Xypherous is most certainly part of the live team...

So are myself, Scarizard, Roku, Geeves, and the aforementioned FeralPony and Statikk. There are more, but I haven't seen them posting on the forums much.

Zerglinator

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post

So are myself, Scarizard, Roku, Geeves, and the aforementioned FeralPony and Statikk. There are more, but I haven't seen them posting on the forums much.
And that's why people always ask for Morello. He actually responds.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

02-27-2013
6 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post

Some clarification! Thanks Smash I'm really bad with names, so... ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
What do you think about Sejuani with AD ratios?
I want to crush people underfoot, not magic them to death. ;~;

..I would also like to hear another one of your punny jokes.
The best one you have!
Sejuani with AD ratios is an interesting proposition. I think the only problem I would have with her having AD ratios over AP ratios is how she communicates that damage thematically. Something like Permafrost where Sejuani "converts" frosted targets into permafrosted targets is something that screams magic damage, and to convert it to an AD ratio would just feel really off. I think the champ design team really values readability at a glance, so if you were to find out that this magical-looking ability scaled off AD, it might be disconcerting.

That said, I'm a personal fan of AP scaling Sejuani just because I like LIandrys and the new AP spell vamp + smite jungle crest on her. Boatloads of damage!

And because you asked, I'll give you my... fourth best punny joke. My very best punny joke is reserved for those who ask in person and, once I tell it, we'll have to part ways because you'll need some time alone to giggle.

So... What time does Sean Connery go to Wimbledon?

Tennish.

123456 ... 10