Just wanted to say thanks, Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

INTERESTING SIRE

02-27-2013

I was banned a few months ago (6ish?) or so on my main account Ddrfatkid.

I had multiple suspensions (probably 10 or 15) as well as a final ban, my behavior was ridiculous. After I was banned the only thing I could remember was '78% of players improve their behavior after punished by tribunal and never repeat' .

I have had issues all my life, finally sought out professional help...didn't play any games for several months. I came back and started playing league just for fun, I hit 30 after a few weeks...got back into ranked, and i've steadily climbed to silver1 (almost qualifying for gold) since.

Hopefully this post won't get my account banned, as it's the same IP...but I just wanted to say thanks, the ban made me realize some stuff..and i've been working on it since.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Well dude, hope everything goes better for you from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERESTING SIRE View Post
Hopefully this post won't get my account banned, as it's the same IP

They won't. They will only ban you if you still have bad behavior.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-27-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We really appreciate players who make an effort to improve their behaviors. Like Kinvaras said, you won't be banned on your new account unless you are toxic on that account too.

etc0x

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We really appreciate players who make an effort to improve their behaviors. Like Kinvaras said, you won't be banned on your new account unless you are toxic on that account too.
I thought you said that perma banned players don't get second chances and that they shouldn't be able to make new accounts?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-27-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc0x View Post
I thought you said that perma banned players don't get second chances and that they shouldn't be able to make new accounts?
We discourage making new accounts, but there are no simple ways to enforce that. We'll never give second chances to get your main account back, but if a player makes a new account and improves their behavior, we--as a community--should acknowledge that.

melodiouskitsune

02-27-2013

Congrats and I wish you well!

Bellmaker33

02-27-2013

Kudos. Good luck!