Toxic Behavior is RIOT's Fault

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansizzle

02-27-2013

Quote:
So if you think Xerath is weak, consider that you can almost certainly get better at last hitting, positioning, etc, to climb in elo. If a pro plays a champ in a tournament, you can bet that champion has strong advantages. Pros aren't stupid, they're picking the best possible champion for that situation.
Also there are some champs that you overlook because everyone only looks at patch notes and nerfs. But there are people who find ways around that. For instance when I started playing I only played Volibear top lane, and after playing for 200+ games I've discovered I can play him anywhere (except mid) decently because I've learned his abilities and how they work.

Ansizzle

02-27-2013

Yea i'm waiting for that day.

mambawarrior0

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Panda View Post
After this post I quit this game. How many times have we all entered a game only to be stressed out when we leave? This has got to be the most stupid Red post I have ever seen in my life. This actually irritates me to no end how stupid and irrelevant your post is. Why don't you guys just ****ing do something about it. You're the god damn game developers! Riot NEVER listens to the important things that the community wants except for champion balance changes.

I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for you guys to come through with what we need rather than what you guys want to give us and what you think we need.
We won't miss you.
Bye.

Nicodemous

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Innuendo View Post
You probably should have kept reading. Also, cementing a meta isnt the same as simply calling a lane.
fair enough, I'll actually read it right now...

ZaganJustice

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansizzle View Post
I like your idea of the rooms. There is chat rooms already built into the game why not make one for ranked as well? The only problem I see is that there is only solo/duo que and not up to 5 man que. But then you can make a ranked team with people you would like to play with so I think it helps.

Galio is one of my favorite mids and, Karma is my favorite support and carries your carry harder than taric.
The only thing about teams is you need to have those particular people there (or some subs, I guess); with the addition I propose, you can queue with randoms in a team-like fashion as well. I don't think implementing this queue would be too outrageous (lol, taric), since they already made the new queue for twisted tree line and that's worked out fine.

EDIT: Honestly, my idea came from how the OP had mentioned MMOs and I recall LFG generally having better success in terms of cooperative teams than this.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hmm, that Xerath carry in LCS today. :P

Just saying - there's so much being limited by assumptions on balance.
Your assumption is that because something that was relatively unused gets picked up and wins a game, then maybe the players have been missing something.

This is false.

What's really happening here is a lack of exposure. When something is practically ignored for awhile, you start to forget the little things about them. Exactly how much burst Xerath can put out tends to be one of those things, and he ends up killing you at 6. He does this 3 or 4 times in various lanes and you reach the point where it no longer matters what your AP champion is because it's fed, built the right items to kill things even faster, and you just can't keep up anymore. In a team with coordination, this just becomes even more true because full-out diving the fed AP becomes next to suicidal.

If you want a more extreme example, look at some of the attention Karma has been gaining recently. Karma was always in her optimal position on a bruiser team that's building lots of HP. Guess what the meta is right now? Karma still needs work, but she's currently enjoying a metagame that plays directly into her strengths and her lack of play prior to this has people completely underestimating her ability to "carry" a team of bruisers, especially if she can hover around 40% HP safely.

While this really has nothing to do with the actual thread at hand, I felt I had to point this out. One of my major contentions with you is that you seem to put too much weight on balance direction/concerns based on one pro tournament or even one game.

Unfortunately, I don't really have anything to say about this thread's topic beyond what's already been said.

Nicodemous

02-27-2013

Ok, now that I went back and actually read your whole post... I am forced to say I agree with you and you even merited an up vote. I said something along the same lines the other day actually, I pointed out that I don't think most people start out as ragers and trolls but that the more you play the more you become those things...

Ansizzle

02-27-2013

Quote:
Honestly, my idea came from how the OP had mentioned MMOs and I recall LFG generally having better success in terms of cooperative teams than this.
Yea it's a very good idea, I play WoW and i'm a healer and can't tell you how many people whisper me as soon as I enter that chat. Haven't played 3's this season yet so i'm not too knowledgable there.

Karlie Banks

02-27-2013

My main account was banned until the year August 22, 2285. I was not sent an e-mail nor was I notified by phone or any other means of contact. Not sure how Riot operates... but I was threatened by a 'red' on a forum page that if I did not stop 'debating intently' on the forum than he/she would make sure my account is terminated/perma-banned. This is complete malarky and I demand justice.

EDIT: I like how I am INDEED completely innocent and had my liberties stolen by an egoistic 'red' on forum pages yet here lie the untargeted people down-voting me for what reason..? Innocent until proven guilty, and I've already submitted screenshot of the incident to Riot support. Hope the red gets fired for breaching contract.. I've literally not broken a single rule on the Summoner's Code and I've upheld the ToA. I think this is a rather unique case and should be taken care of immediately; not cast aside by some children who cannot comprehend a vocabulary larger than their own.

Sexual Innuendo

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
Ok, now that I went back and actually read your whole post... I am forced to say I agree with you and you even merited an up vote. I said something along the same lines the other day actually, I pointed out that I don't think most people start out as ragers and trolls but that the more you play the more you become those things...
This might be the most civil thing i've ever seen on the internet!