League system processing delays

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akasora

Member

02-27-2013

i played 3 games during this processing maintenance and every time it said qualified for series promotion i should have been promoted already


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueIzBk

Senior Member

02-27-2013

What about low league point changes?
I won a league game and only went up 3 points while my teammates went up 20+
Reasons?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-27-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasora View Post
i played 3 games during this processing maintenance and every time it said qualified for series promotion i should have been promoted already
Looks like you queue dodged once after each time your series started. Queue dodging during a series will kick you out of the series and you have to re-qualify each time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-27-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIzBk View Post
What about low league point changes?
I won a league game and only went up 3 points while my teammates went up 20+
Reasons?
Are you in Division I? There are additional checks and balances in Division I that cause LP gains to slow down if you haven't passed them yet. The reason for this is that tier upgrades are permanent, and the system needs to be sure that you can consistently play at the level of the tier above you before you're allowed to start the Promotion Series. If you aren't ready for the series, your losses will be similarly clamped.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Malone

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Are you in Division I? There are additional checks and balances in Division I that cause LP gains to slow down if you haven't passed them yet. The reason for this is that tier upgrades are permanent, and the system needs to be sure that you can consistently play at the level of the tier above you before you're allowed to start the Promotion Series. If you aren't ready for the series, your losses will be similarly clamped.
see my next post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Malone

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
I just looked and you have 8 ranked games played on 2/27, with all of them being correctly processed by the league system. Which one didn't give you points?
Im sorry I didnt realise I lost the ammount of lp I should have gained. Sorry. I thought seeing as I accidnelty lost 16 it ment I should have gained 16. My bad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

elbellacobien

Junior Member

02-27-2013

o.267


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jimpadelic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-27-2013

I won my division series from Gold 5 to Gold 4 today during the delay/hot fix time which processed properly. However I started in Gold 4 with 0LP. I looked on the wiki and for related articles reguarding division changes and LP and no where does it say the initial LP starting point. I thought it put you somewhere near 50 so to stop you from entering a new division and instantly dropping back down. Could I possibly have missed some LP from the division change? I have 18lp right now from one other victory while in division 4. Thank you for reading! I just need a firm answer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-27-2013
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimpadelic View Post
I won my division series from Gold 5 to Gold 4 today during the delay/hot fix time which processed properly. However I started in Gold 4 with 0LP. I looked on the wiki and for related articles reguarding division changes and LP and no where does it say the initial LP starting point. I thought it put you somewhere near 50 so to stop you from entering a new division and instantly dropping back down. Could I possibly have missed some LP from the division change? I have 18lp right now from one other victory while in division 4. Thank you for reading! I just need a firm answer.
You start at 0 LP after a promotion although there is a grace period where you're unable to be demoted for the first few games after entering a new division. Sounds like your LP total is correct.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jimpadelic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You start at 0 LP after a promotion although there is a grace period where you're unable to be demoted for the first few games after entering a new division. Sounds like your LP total is correct.
Thank you for the prompt reply, just what I needed to know! Have a jolly day.