Toxic Behavior is RIOT's Fault

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
People such as yourself is why Tribunal exist.

Can't argue without resorting to personal attacks, good job kid proving Riot right.
Tribunal exists because of people like you.

You can't handle anything, everything has to be blamed on someone, the minor quips from strangers, the loss u couldn't control, someone has to pay!

Your inconvenience is not worth punishing anyone over, you are a small, petty human being with little to no reason for acting the way you do, yet you continue.

Sound like the people you claim to hold judgement over? It should, you're the exact same as them. Being a giggling monkey on either side holds no pride, you're just a jeering animal with no real opinions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rathadin

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Another interesting dilemma is that Ranked should maximize enjoyment (getting to play what you want) also that Ranked is for trying your hardest to win. I think there's a natural misalignment there.

Again, I'm not saying there's not an issue here for us to work on (and we're not ignoring it), but I think the expectations of Ranked need to be realistic as well.
Too effin' right.

When I go into ranked, I go in to win. I rarely get first pick, but when I do, I always take my strongest roles - top or mid. When I'm anything under 1st pick, I pick and play around what my team picks... because my goal is to win, not to play what I want.

However, I've had MANY ranked games... not 1 or 2 or 3, but MANY ranked games where players say, "idgaf I'm gonna play what I want". Naturally these people are 5th pick.

According to The Tribunal, they're right and I'm wrong because there's meta and they can't be punished for going against the meta. That's where a lot of my frustration stems from. I no longer *care* if we win the match. My goal now is to punish them for not conforming to the rest of the team. Unfortunately I have no way to punish them without also punishing myself. Throw the game? I lose LP and 20 to 60 minutes as well. Pick their lane? That doesn't really help either, because I can only win by having a gold advantage over my opponents (and hopefully a skill advantage). I can't dodge because then I lose LP and have to wait to play.

If I want to win - and I do, because I wouldn't have queued for ranked if I didn't - then I have no way to punish them for their bad behavior.

That is the glaring flaw in your current system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf View Post
Tribunal exists because of people like you.

You can't handle anything, everything has to be blamed on someone, the minor quips from strangers, the loss u couldn't control, someone has to pay!

Your inconvenience is not worth punishing anyone over, you are a small, petty human being with little to no reason for acting the way you do, yet you continue.

Sound like the people you claim to hold judgement over? It should, you're the exact same as them. Being a giggling monkey on either side holds no pride, you're just a jeering animal with no real opinions.
I never been banned by Tribunal and I play regularly, what does that say?

Make up more assumptions please. It funny watching you foaming at the mouth because you can't handle being told to be nice to strangers on the internet.

NEWS FLASH: This isn't CoD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I never been banned by Tribunal and I play regularly, what does that say?

Make up more assumptions please. It funny watching you foaming at the mouth because you can't handle being told to be nice to strangers on the internet.

NEWS FLASH: This isn't CoD.
Enjoy being willfully blind, you seem to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I never been banned by Tribunal and I play regularly, what does that say?

Make up more assumptions please. It funny watching you foaming at the mouth because you can't handle being told to be nice to strangers on the internet.

NEWS FLASH: This isn't CoD.
You both have poor communication skills. Neither of you have been cordial to one another. Of course he's not going to lighten up if you personally attack him. Even if he's the one to start it, doesn't mean somebody needs to finish it.

I'd punish both of you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathadin View Post
Too effin' right.

When I go into ranked, I go in to win. I rarely get first pick, but when I do, I always take my strongest roles - top or mid. When I'm anything under 1st pick, I pick and play around what my team picks... because my goal is to win, not to play what I want.

However, I've had MANY ranked games... not 1 or 2 or 3, but MANY ranked games where players say, "idgaf I'm gonna play what I want". Naturally these people are 5th pick.

According to The Tribunal, they're right and I'm wrong because there's meta and they can't be punished for going against the meta. That's where a lot of my frustration stems from. I no longer *care* if we win the match. My goal now is to punish them for not conforming to the rest of the team. Unfortunately I have no way to punish them without also punishing myself. Throw the game? I lose LP and 20 to 60 minutes as well. Pick their lane? That doesn't really help either, because I can only win by having a gold advantage over my opponents (and hopefully a skill advantage). I can't dodge because then I lose LP and have to wait to play.

If I want to win - and I do, because I wouldn't have queued for ranked if I didn't - then I have no way to punish them for their bad behavior.

That is the glaring flaw in your current system.
You wrong.

If someone picks Mid after you already did and try to go Mid lane, they can be punished by Tribunal. Read Summoner's Code.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
You both have poor communication skills. Neither of you have been cordial to one another. Of course he's not going to lighten up if you personally attack him. Even if he's the one to start it, doesn't mean somebody needs to finish it.

I'd punish both of you.
No one has any reason to take anything Shiist says as something other than pathetic, arrogant, antagonistic trolling, so, I apologize, it's my fault for feeding the troll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
You both have poor communication skills. Neither of you have been cordial to one another. Of course he's not going to lighten up if you personally attack him. Even if he's the one to start it, doesn't mean somebody needs to finish it.

I'd punish both of you.
You can be as cordial as you want, but if the other person don't want to listen to other people opinion and act belligerent, then there's no hope of a discussion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf View Post
No one has any reason to take anything Shiist says as something other than pathetic, arrogant, antagonistic trolling, so, I apologize, it's my fault for feeding the troll.
I accept your apology. If you going to disargee about Tribunal and the way Riot run it, use better arguments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AxisXIViral

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
If that stopped being true, I feel innovation would go way up - though asking for that is asking for a fundamental change in human nature.
I think this is the fundamental problem with your standpoint. You'd rather count on changing people's behavior than do something significant about the system that makes them fight.

Take away or fix the problems that are making people fight, and they have less of a reason to fight. The people who are going to be dicks will still be dicks, but the people who are generally nicer people won't feel as frustrated. And then you don't have to try and convince people to swallow their anger.

You guys have millions of people playing your game. The approach toward "fixing behavior" alone is not going to be an effective one, period. The tribunal has made the social experience worse, if anything. It may have gotten rid of some trolls, but it's also created new ones.