Gave It A Good Go But Im Done With Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Dat match history.
What I noticed is there was only 1 Kassadin in those 10 games, and no Talons.

TBH, I've been a tad tempted to make a post on how things are over on the EUW side.

Yeah, things aren't pretty, and with Season 3 coming out, and both making things crazy with assassins, Dominion not getting more love, and Ranked being "new and shiny", a lot of high Elo players are playing SR over Dominion.

And when people do go for Dominion it's 4-5 man premades. Because the players we play with are almost all "randoms", people we hadn't seen before, after for a year or so having a stable roster of players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
But ignoring your match history, Dominion will inevitably die without a ranked mode.
*meanwhile, Proving Grounds is doing fine with no matchmaking system at all*

Keep believing you know exactly what Dominion needs, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eaglewolf

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Wow, I detect a feeder...

Hey here is a little tip, revive isnt good if you just feed, you should have switched summoner spells. Your dieing way to much..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
What I noticed is there was only 1 Kassadin in those 10 games, and no Talons.

TBH, I've been a tad tempted to make a post on how things are over on the EUW side.

Yeah, things aren't pretty, and with Season 3 coming out, and both making things crazy with assassins, Dominion not getting more love, and Ranked being "new and shiny", a lot of high Elo players are playing SR over Dominion.

And when people do go for Dominion it's 4-5 man premades. Because the players we play with are almost all "randoms", people we hadn't seen before, after for a year or so having a stable roster of players.
What are things like over on the EUW side?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Dying.

The high Elo crowd barely plays Dominion anymore, when I queue I barely see any names I recognize, and no, you can really see their lack of experience.
The names I do recognize are getting rarer, or a larger and larger percentage of them are people who spam OPs, or nearly OPs.

People are showing less interest in tournaments as well. For the new teams, I'm less surprised, they often seem to be SR people who think they have a shot and are then disillusioned by the 2-3 teams that constantly place, but even these players seem to mostly play for the RP and not the love of the game.

People are complaining about lack of proper games, but also complain enough to not want to do in-houses (WTF, IMO). The chat is increasingly quiet, and barely discusses Dominion anymore - Dominion discussion was never the real core of the chat, but it's really just a community channel about other video games, LCS, etc. right now.

Sometimes I go into Dom queue again, until I get matched with someone who plays nothing but Kass and go play SR/PoE/something on my Vita.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Dying.

The high Elo crowd barely plays Dominion anymore, when I queue I barely see any names I recognize, and no, you can really see their lack of experience.
The names I do recognize are getting rarer, or a larger and larger percentage of them are people who spam OPs, or nearly OPs.

People are showing less interest in tournaments as well. For the new teams, I'm less surprised, they often seem to be SR people who think they have a shot and are then disillusioned by the 2-3 teams that constantly place, but even these players seem to mostly play for the RP and not the love of the game.

People are complaining about lack of proper games, but also complain enough to not want to do in-houses (WTF, IMO). The chat is increasingly quiet, and barely discusses Dominion anymore - Dominion discussion was never the real core of the chat, but it's really just a community channel about other video games, LCS, etc. right now.

Sometimes I go into Dom queue again, until I get matched with someone who plays nothing but Kass and go play SR/PoE/something on my Vita.
Yeah... this is pretty much what is occurring here in NA, though we all do enjoy playing in tourneys, at least i do. Blind Pick is just harsh on the soul after a while.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
*meanwhile, Proving Grounds is doing fine with no matchmaking system at all*

Keep believing you know exactly what Dominion needs, though.
That's a pretty silly comparison considering why people play Proving Grounds.

Not to mention that mode is getting an upcoming matchmaking system which will probably further boost its popularity.

And I will continue to believe that the single most needed thing for Dominion right now is a draft pick ranked mode. Players need performance indicators to tell them how well they are doing in comparison to others. Furthermore, public indicators such as elo/leagues makes formation of teams a lot easier than is currently the case (Look at DD tournaments if you want to see how stale the scene for Dominion is). Obviously, being able to get gold/plat/diamond in dominion is something that would entice not only players from Dom but also SR. Ranked solves the Kassadin/Khazix/X OP problem as well as mass pre-made issues. In this way, Nome doesn't even have to nerf Kassadin, problem champions can just be put on the permaban list for a couple of months and nobody would care.

I'd like to think this is the very change that Dominion needs and I'm sorry you don't agree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimsumi

Junior Member

02-27-2013

Out of curiosity, to the people leaving Dominion - are they going to SR, TT, Proving Grounds, or other games?

Personally I can't stand the laning phase in SR and I've tried TT and Proving Grounds and it felt kind of 'meh' to me.

If it's other games, any specific ones?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsumi View Post
Out of curiosity, to the people leaving Dominion - are they going to SR, TT, Proving Grounds, or other games?

Personally I can't stand the laning phase in SR and I've tried TT and Proving Grounds and it felt kind of 'meh' to me.

If it's other games, any specific ones?
I have a large backlog of games I bought during Steam sales that i need to play. I uusally wait till someone messages me to play, or play ranked SR(so close to plat!)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Yeah... this is pretty much what is occurring here in NA, though we all do enjoy playing in tourneys, at least i do. Blind Pick is just harsh on the soul after a while.
I for one enjoy accepting invites to Nyx's ARAMs and then gratuitously feeding!