How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cure Marine

02-26-2013

can you add darius next rotation? i have seen darius gameplay and it looks great, but ive never boughten him before.

Peewerking

02-26-2013

Am I the only one who sees a theme of fire and ice in the new champion rotation?

Lucas Cvet

02-26-2013

Hi Chris, I would just like to give a suggestion. Maybe you could put a vote box on the League of Legends website so that WE could help in the decision making, but also (to stop anybody from making the same 2 champions free) set out say 24 champs and have 6 tanks, 6 melee dps, 6 ranged dps and 6 supports. Then you could let the people chose who they want as F2P champs and also, to make it a bit easier on you guys, take 1 champ from the 6300 price range, 2 from the 4800 price range, 1 from the 3150 price range and 1 from the 1350 price range for each class (tank, dps etc etc.).

Boshiggity

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by reactorZz View Post
Hi Chris, I would just like to give a suggestion. Maybe you could put a vote box on the League of Legends website so that WE could help in the decision making, but also (to stop anybody from making the same 2 champions free) set out say 24 champs and have 6 tanks, 6 melee dps, 6 ranged dps and 6 supports. Then you could let the people chose who they want as F2P champs and also, to make it a bit easier on you guys, take 1 champ from the 6300 price range, 2 from the 4800 price range, 1 from the 3150 price range and 1 from the 1350 price range for each class (tank, dps etc etc.).
I personally second this idea, although the system itself will take quite a bit of refinement. It's always a fantastic idea to try and involve the community upon which your game relies for funding in the creative process. I think that setting up a thread on the forum to have people give ideas for what this system should include would be a good way to start the process of creating it.

Elphrihaim

02-28-2013

Also you should =probably= always have the 450 IP champs on the rotation so that people can actually buy the champion if they really like it. :V

CraftmacNcheese

02-28-2013

Sorry but im sick of all the champs being 6300 for weeks,months! Would riotgames please consider lowering the cost for once i cant afford that much! thank you

Badger Stabber

03-01-2013

-Keep on LoLing!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-And Stabbing Badgers!

Zastral

03-01-2013

I hope that they have a really April 1st this year.

Cannedtuna121

Recruiter

03-03-2013

thought it rotated every Tuesday.

Locke Inn

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I like the idea of a regular rotation repeating every 8 weeks or so. But there are just over 100 champions, so do a 10 week rotation through them all. For champions over 100, add 1 to each week, so that some weeks have an extra champion. Also do this for new champions. Once 10 of these extras are reached, wait until the end of the rotation and choose a champion from each of the weeks that have 11. These 10 champions will go to week 11 in the new 11 week rotation. Rinse, wash, repeat.