Why don't we have BOTRK in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kholdstare13

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I think you underestimate just how bad Kitaes is.
Void Staff or even IE would be a better complement to an on-hit build than Kitaes.

Kitaes sounds great on paper, but is actually a really inferior item, and I wish Nome would remove it because it is a noobtrap.
You would rather I buy 250 AP on kog to get the same effect only half the time, while losing all of the AD and attack speed it gives? Kitae's passive only costs 208 gold, against a 1k health target, it deals 25 damage at similar value to AD, ~875 gold value minimum. There is nothing not cost efficient about the item. The best part is that passive only ever increases in value, and synergizes with a lack of MR stacking in general, as well as malady's shred. Don't insult the item.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
No... We don't need Jax to be even better...
Maybe it's just because I've only fought bad Jax players or because I mostly play Elise as she fits in damn near every comp and has the most entertaining kit to me.........but I tend to eat Jax's alive

Malah

02-24-2013

Kitae isn't a bad item, it's just that the stats only mesh will with people who build AS and Magic Penetration, which encompasses exactly two remotely viable builds (Hybrid Kayle and Derpwick) and even the latter is a bit of a stretch considering I've never seen one go beyond MPen runes at most. It would be somewhat more useful if the AD was replaced with something that puts it more to the advantage to people who both auto attack and have magic penetration, but it's still just an incredibly niche item. Making the proc physical damage would be like handing free candy to every auto-attacking bruiser on this map, which from what I hear is the same reason people are opposed to BotRK being imported.

Then again, I look down on on-hit items in general that are not Malady because nobody has the penetration values to back up building them, which is the same reason I ignore Wit's End.

Volandum

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
You would rather I buy 250 AP on kog to get the same effect only half the time, while losing all of the AD and attack speed it gives? Kitae's passive only costs 208 gold, against a 1k health target, it deals 25 damage at similar value to AD, ~875 gold value minimum. There is nothing not cost efficient about the item. The best part is that passive only ever increases in value, and synergizes with a lack of MR stacking in general, as well as malady's shred. Don't insult the item.
You not noticed bulwarks on most teams, widespread mercury treads and hexdrinkers lately?

Kholdstare13

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
You not noticed bulwarks on most teams, widespread mercury treads and hexdrinkers lately?
Not as much as I notice the frozen hearts, randuins, bulwarks, and sunfire capes. I DEFINITELY noticed the frozen mallets.

General Quackers

02-25-2013

Probably because there's also no Warmog's. Health items for AD are really limited on Dom. Then there's AP champs who are pretty much swimming in awesome health items.

SFG mAEtb0y

02-26-2013

Frozen Mallet, Black Cleaver, Entropy, Trinity Force. All ad health items. Plus Randuins is a perfectly suitable substitute for Warmogs in most cases.

Koravel

02-26-2013

Quote:
Kitae at least compliments on-hit. BRK is just useless. Any ADC who could buy BRK will do more damage if they just buy a sanguine or BT over their pre-existing IE. Current health scaling is the worst thing for any sustained damage type. In any teamfight, burst damage comes first. This eliminates the useful half of the proc entirely. BRK is bad, and needs to be reworked into a MBR substitute similar to kitae.
There is no champion, not one, where Kitae's is an item that is worth getting. Not a single one.

Not Teemo, not Kayle, not any on-hit people. There are far, far better items, (V-staff, Malady), than Kitae's. Do yourself a favor and don't get it.

Kholdstare13

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
There is no champion, not one, where Kitae's is an item that is worth getting. Not a single one.

Not Teemo, not Kayle, not any on-hit people. There are far, far better items, (V-staff, Malady), than Kitae's. Do yourself a favor and don't get it.
Do me a favor and lolking me right now. Take a good look at that recent kog game (not dom, but same build). See the kitae? See the pentakill? kthxbai.

Fancy Wolf

02-26-2013

Quote:
Do me a favor and lolking me right now. Take a good look at that recent kog game (not dom, but same build). See the kitae? See the pentakill? kthxbai.
Im gonna go back to your first statement of BoTK being terrible for the champs you play... you do realize that it also has an on-hit effect? Aswell as tremendous kite capabilities/ gap closer? The on-hit is added lifesteal on top of its base 10%?? You know what the most popular stat is in the game right now? Health. and BoTK competes with IE and BT in terms of viability and damage on an adc in its current state! Not even with the extra daggers coming in next patch.which will make it stupidly powerful.

you can argue that KB builds ad to deal magic damage shred, so you are dealing hybrid damage in a sense. But then why was Bloodrazer removed? If Kitaes is so good why was its counterpart taken out of the game and replaced by BoTK? Because it was a trap item, it was never as effective as it seemed, It was designed to kill high HP targets but couldn't make the cut. and im happy for you getting a Penta with kog gratz, you learned how to stack a minimal amount of % damage on his already amazing % damage. But with the money you spent on KB you couldve bought a Phantom or even Zeal+Zeal to turn into a PD+Shiv, then dear god fear the on hit coming your way. Last time I checked an IE/Shiv crit > kitaes minimal amount of extra damage.

i was wondering where this argument came from in chat yesterday..