Thoughts on Elise Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quincunx

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
How often are you killed by creeps, lets be real. Thats like saying you'd have to be a fool to use jax's leap on a creep to escape because the creep would just slay you.....
Never underestimate the power of the minion:

http://www.twitch.tv/forgottenarbiter/b/371489145


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
ahahaha oh god
Time capsules are great, aren't they.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kholdstare13

Senior Member

02-26-2013

So...Vi really feels like a power bot now. She shreds through any amount of stacked armor AND health, while dealing huge aoe damage and building pure tank herself. Her ult is just a better version of Malz', with bigger un-sashable CC, while also giving her the bonus of a giant gap closer to set up in range. Vi is by far the hardest champ to tank against, and if she goes bot you better call for a switch with your best kiter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
ahahaha oh god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Time capsules are great, aren't they.
Clue #1: 10-26-2012

Clue #2: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V1.0.0.151#Items

Clue #3: Also the patch that increases her Q and R on hit scaling by 50%; and gave her anti-fog of war juking with her stun.


TLDR: you are both bad and should feel bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torkable

Senior Member

02-26-2013

konf why you gota show up to every thread and rain on everyone's fun?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Because the rudelords deserve it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Nerf plox, so I can actually play her in a in-house.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Clue #1: 10-26-2012

Clue #2: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V1.0.0.151#Items

Clue #3: Also the patch that increases her Q and R on hit scaling by 50%; and gave her anti-fog of war juking with her stun.


TLDR: you are both bad and should feel bad.
Saying Q and R scaling was increased by 50% is a bit deceptive. Q's Ap ratio went up from 2% to 3% per 100 AP, and R on hit went up by .1(from .2 to .3). The biggest change of note was the increase speed of Cocoon, which was not needed, and the added reveal, which kind of was need as it as awkward to use on a fleeing opponent and have to facecheck if it landed.

However, even if you reverted all of the buffs except for the reveal(i still think it's needed) she would still be powerful because of the current environment and her kit. She excels in a meta where it is possible to drop opponents MR to 0, or close to it, because she has % based damage. The only numbers she has to care about is her opponents MR and how much Mpen she has, and that is what i have been saying since her release.
On her release, there were too many people going "herp derp build Rylais/Deathcap, still can't do damage" and that's why she got buffs, because people didn't understand how to build her. If you revert the buffs, she'd still be a top pick.

From late October, prior all of her buffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
I prefer the Mpen build, so Ring>Sorc Shoes>Guise into CDR tank. Her ratio on Q is really really bad, but it's base damage output is deceptively high because part of it is hidden in the % damage. Lets say you hit a 2k Hp target with Rank 5 Human-form Q with 50 AP(Guise+Ring). The target has no MR for math-sake, you just dealt 410 damage. 1.5k HP is the usual squishy HP, so you are dealing 365 damage at that point.

This primary issue i have is that none of her damage skills have scaling cooldowns and they are somewhat high. W is also not really reliable damage, as it will usually snag a tank or frontliner before reaching a target you want. I DO, however, enjoy the fact that it skitters around walls. That to me is a really neat mechanic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Saying Q and R scaling was increased by 50% is a bit deceptive. Q's Ap ratio went up from 2% to 3% per 100 AP, and R on hit went up by .1(from .2 to .3). The biggest change of note was the increase speed of Cocoon, which was not needed, and the added reveal, which kind of was need as it as awkward to use on a fleeing opponent and have to facecheck if it landed.

However, even if you reverted all of the buffs except for the reveal(i still think it's needed) she would still be powerful because of the current environment and her kit. She excels in a meta where it is possible to drop opponents MR to 0, or close to it, because she has % based damage. The only numbers she has to care about is her opponents MR and how much Mpen she has, and that is what i have been saying since her release.
On her release, there were too many people going "herp derp build Rylais/Deathcap, still can't do damage" and that's why she got buffs, because people didn't understand how to build her. If you revert the buffs, she'd still be a top pick.
They really should just remove the base damage on both of her Qs. I do think the E projectile speed buff was needed though. It was a tad slow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
So...Vi really feels like a power bot now. She shreds through any amount of stacked armor AND health, while dealing huge aoe damage and building pure tank herself. Her ult is just a better version of Malz', with bigger un-sashable CC, while also giving her the bonus of a giant gap closer to set up in range. Vi is by far the hardest champ to tank against, and if she goes bot you better call for a switch with your best kiter.
Not sure what this has to go with Elise, but I'll answer anyway.

Vi is certainly very strong and probably needs a nerf, but if you're saying Elise can't take her bot you are sorely mistaken. Elise is one of those who can.