Confessions of a Kass spammer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NAForumSmurf

02-25-2013

I agree, well said. What would personally interest me, is why nothing is being done about the Kassadin situation. As KaWraith said, a simple stop gap measure would be to just disable him.

If you ask me we should just start a petition or take it to reddit or something to increase the pressure.

Froppi

02-25-2013

Refer to:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3133988

There is no pressure from the Dominion fan base, there simply aren't enough of us to put a blip on the radar relative to SR.

Malah

02-25-2013

I made a post a while back in response to that argument; I can't find it, but it was after a day where three developers in different departments (Lore, Live Design, Morello) said that Riot makes design priorities based on what they want to do because in their mind, playing the game means that they automatically know what players want in the game. (It's BS, but that's their reasoning)

The problem with this assumption is that Rioters simply do not play Dominion. They don't play it, they're not exposed to it, and I haven't seen any hint that they even know what's going on over here. I think we had one come onto our forums and say he plays, who happens to not be the (one) person who actually works with Dominion in Riot. They play SR and TT and treat PG like the fun joke map it is and have no problem throwing bones their way, but I would wager that there's only a handful of people at Riot who even knows that Kassadin's completely game breaking, let alone the plethora of other problems we have.

Nome is, quite simply, the exception to the overall rule. It goes beyond Riot not caring, they're just ignorant of Dominion. Which is, regrettable, but there's not much to do about it. I don't think that near-total neglect is just an issue of population when we do have a rather large population, they're just not as loud (or, say, on the forums), and Riot does have the ability to check their populations without totally relying on what random noise people make on the forums.

lbgsloan

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyLovegood View Post
I could have sworn that Riot did change Kass on Dominion a while back. Did they revert these changes or did they not go through with them?
They derped. They gave a tiny nerf to his R base damage, but buffed the ratio on it. Net buff, particularly now that Kass builds a bit more damage heavy.

Zuko Prince

02-25-2013

OP

Your only flaw was mentioning how detrimental kass was to ap casters bot.

Riot and the lol community writ large does not give a sh*t about that. If they did they would have introduced a QSS class item that countered heavy single target silence champs like that. They don't care how uneven and unfun it is as almost all casters vs kass.

they will just parrot him being anti caster and shut down all debate. malz is anti carry and tank if he lines his abilities up, but anyone can just QSS and break his void zone ult synergy.

Eaglewolf

02-26-2013

Its just his kit, I mean you have a lot of smart players you can shut kass down. Ive been messing kass's up as lux...

I dont know what riot can do to him, but hes just as bad as heimer and yorick so I mean its not like there arent others (different situations albeit). Ghoul spam ghoul spam...i feel like id pass out playing him in dominion at least kass requires you to think a bit.

KaWraith

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewolf View Post
Its just his kit, I mean you have a lot of smart players you can shut kass down. Ive been messing kass's up as lux...

I dont know what riot can do to him, but hes just as bad as heimer and yorick so I mean its not like there arent others (different situations albeit). Ghoul spam ghoul spam...i feel like id pass out playing him in dominion at least kass requires you to think a bit.
heimer and yorick are easily counterable... they excel against many champions, but they aren't impossible to stop or at least go even with, just annoying. and they basically only work bot lane.
kassadin is impossible to counter, there's nothing you can itemize, no kit that stops him, and he can go anywhere, be everywhere and ruins the game mode.

DiscworldDeath

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
I made a post a while back in response to that argument; I can't find it, but it was after a day where three developers in different departments (Lore, Live Design, Morello) said that Riot makes design priorities based on what they want to do because in their mind, playing the game means that they automatically know what players want in the game. (It's BS, but that's their reasoning).
Look again, and look some more, I didn't call you out on it back then, but that exact same period also had some of these people say the opposite, that it'd be dumb of them to assume everyone likes what they like.

They did say they ARE gamers though, so they can ask themselves some things.

Froppi

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuko Prince View Post
OP

Your only flaw was mentioning how detrimental kass was to ap casters bot.

Riot and the lol community writ large does not give a sh*t about that. If they did they would have introduced a QSS class item that countered heavy single target silence champs like that. They don't care how uneven and unfun it is as almost all casters vs kass.

they will just parrot him being anti caster and shut down all debate. malz is anti carry and tank if he lines his abilities up, but anyone can just QSS and break his void zone ult synergy.
Ah well, no one is perfect. That's very unfortunate then. The only logical solution then would be a tweak to his mobility, but I just don't see a viable way at the moment. A post about making Kass's ult like Darius's recent tweak could be a stepping stone.

Again, just extremely unfortunate that the community doesn't care about the very important fact that Kass can completely shut down bot against casters. Referring to Malah's posts, I wish Riot developers were to play Dominion, and realize the terror that is Kassadin.

SFG mAEtb0y

02-26-2013

I just lost a game because my Kassadin wasn't as good as the other team's Kassadin.
That's not okay. I feel like whenever someone picks Kassadin, I just don't matter unless I'm also playing something op.