What people DON'T understand about game modes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summerfest

02-24-2013

I started practicing new champs in ranked because normal is too trolly and draft games can take twice as long to start (people que dodge all day.)

Arientus

02-25-2013

bump

FinnaKillYall

02-25-2013

I don't understand why people think practicing on bots means taking extensive amounts of time and acting like it will really get you ready for PvP.

Whenever I tell someone to practice something on bots, it's so you know what your abilities do and what to build. I've had too many players who have absolutely no idea what they're doing with their champions in PvP games.

ZapatillaLoca

02-25-2013

Im just astounded how i get matched up or against lvl 30 players who dont even have 100 wins under their belts.,when asked they all reply the same thing..played CO-Op or with bots till i got to lvl 30 now want to try ranked..

SERIOUSLY??? Frankly I think this is the root of 90% of all LOL gamer experience problems..These summoners have NO understanding of the game mechanics..Buy a few boosts and 16 champs and youre ready for ranked..then people complain that the community is toxic and rages...Riot Plz...

SeCKS Egai

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arientus View Post

Co-op vs Ai

I've heard too many people say "Co-op vs Ai is where you go practice everything, go there and quit being a noob." Co-op vs Ai is NOT the game mode to do that. The Ai are nowhere near the skill level of actual players, hence they don't even have a jungler. This game mode is typically for the lower level new player who hasn't gotten the hang of the game yet, and thinks it's too hard for them to go up against real players. Which is respectable. Usually the only other option is you need to get the hang of your ability set if you are playing a new champ, then head to draft.

This is NOT the game mode to practice in like that.
There are players that struggle against ai, even the beginner ai.

I've seen players who aren't even as competent as a beginner bot, my favorite was running a smurf as someone complained about the obviously new player Garen to stop feeding, only for that very same person to feed the beginner ai 9 deaths.

You can't run draft without a decent roster - and until I started my little smurf I had forgotten just how much time invested was required short of shelling out for rp.

I run ai for first win of the day, when I'm potentially going to lag, or when I'm in no mood to deal with possible drama.

It's true there's only so much you can get out of co-op, but its far more consistent than norm.

SeCKS Egai

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapatillaLoca View Post
Im just astounded how i get matched up or against lvl 30 players who dont even have 100 wins under their belts.,when asked they all reply the same thing..played CO-Op or with bots till i got to lvl 30 now want to try ranked..

SERIOUSLY??? Frankly I think this is the root of 90% of all LOL gamer experience problems..These summoners have NO understanding of the game mechanics..Buy a few boosts and 16 champs and youre ready for ranked..then people complain that the community is toxic and rages...Riot Plz...
It's not just that - new players don't get any real training and unless one goes out of their way and learns through outside resources, they'll be behind by the time they hit 30 or not. At the lowest levels you'll see brand new players put up against smurfs. The low levels aren't a positive experience, and most new players don't have a grasp of the fundamentals to actually learn much from pvp that early on.

TempestsFury

02-26-2013

I have 1800+ wins under my belt. And have been playing for a few years. Yet I still get matched with people around 150-200 wins... Should games played not factor into your MMR???

And another thing which is totally ****ing annoying. Are the 'Elo kids' who play "Normal" games and troll the **** out of them. Or feed, and their response. Constantly is. "it's only normal"... They're wasting mine, and everyone Else's time with that attitude.