These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mi ramfan

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
That was my best graves game ever. We won, the jungler on our team paid special attention to bot because he knew I would need help. I played very safe, and my support was able to get me fed.

My last ADC game was absolutely terrible. I played it in a 5 queue, it didn't go well. If you are friendly and honest in champ select, there isn't all that raging that you describe, even with a losing game in ranked.

btw, I am a noob Ezreal. So bad at him...
You have a recognized Riot name. Of course players are nice and cooperate when they know they're with a red.

What about the rest of the community?

PsionicApe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Edited out the parts of your post in my quote where you raged...

You can be right (in your own mind, in this particular situation) or you can have a game where players are working together as a team. Your call.
How is forcing four other players to accede to your (often selfish) demands working together as a team?

I think this is the part that the community is upset about; the player may be challenger tier top lane, but if he is an arrogant, self centered player, that breaks the summoner code before the game even starts, why should the players that are willing to be human beings put up with it?

InertBlowfish

02-25-2013

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up <internet fist bump>
Just as an off note, I'm happy to duo with you sometime to try and help you out of bronze.

I recently duo'd with my brother from bronze II to Silver IV.

Plus that'd give you a chance to play with some people slightly higher than you.

Just add me if you'd like to try.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
29 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiankatana View Post
I solve this problem by being good at every role. I own all but two of the champions within the League and am if not proficient with, at least passable with them all.

Also, hi Grif! Always glad to see active reds.
I'm currently taking a break from ranked as I learn to mid better. I have developed a strong Kassadin against many champions, but there are some that still wreck me. I have worked with junglers and top laners to switch and baby sit to make up for these deficiencies. Sometimes I still get wrecked, but I am learning really good skills in the process. I think top lane or better support/more supports might be next.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
30 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Just as an off note, I'm happy to duo with you sometime to try and help you out of bronze.

I recently duo'd with my brother from bronze II to Silver IV.

Plus that'd give you a chance to play with some people slightly higher than you.

Just add me if you'd like to try.
Challenge accepted! Duoing with diamond rated people is hard. I don't win many of those games, but I sure did get better

Buderfingers

02-25-2013

Griftrix, you're on a roll today. Just looked at all your posts in this thread and, even with the people that think they can give you an impossible scenario, your answers are concise and completely true.

I think what people dont realize is that compromise doesn't have to come with every game. If you just supported 5 games in a row and would really like a chance at mid, go ahead and voice your concern. More often than not, someone will take your side give you mid, or at least a role other than support.

Thaladread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

hashinshin has spoken!

Austinodood

02-25-2013

Quote:
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
i lol'd

xXJayeDuBXx

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
That's just like, your opinion man.

You probably play Darius. h4h4
Yeah, because like all opinions are right. And what's wrong with Darius? And what the heck is h4h4?

Plan665

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi ramfan View Post
You have a recognized Riot name. Of course players are nice and cooperate when they know they're with a red.

What about the rest of the community?
He said like 10 times that no one recongizes him and that it has happened a total of 7 times.