These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Dying Dream

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel Rider View Post
Because for the longest time, most people thought Pick order is the most important thing.

Which is complete bullcrap.
Pick order is absolute. It can't be changed and it's not biased.

It's wonderful.

type1Rush

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Now I'm also going to call you a child for using italics to game the word filter, instead of using more civil speech when trying to engage others, possibly for persuasion.
Keep making straw man arguments, it is obviously doing alot in getting past this subject, which has been around since season 1.

I like you Griftrix, dont get me wrong, I am just trying to make a point, that you seem to either be ignoring all together, or are not able to grasp. There are people that wont compromise, there are people who will continue being numbskulls as long as the rules for champion select are hazzy. Telling people to communicate only works so far, in that THEY are not arguing with people, but, by-and-large, there are players who will continue saying "MID OR FEED", because they know that that is how they get the role they want..
If Riot took a stance on this issue, I bet it would eliviate ALOT of the tribulations that champion select see's, and it would actually open up lines of communication in champion select, where last pick realizes they have to pick a position for the team ((if Riot endorsed pick order)), but wanted to try talking their way into a different position. and visa versa for whoever loads faster.. As is though, there is no upside to trying to communicate your way into your prefered role, as the numbskulls are going to get what they want, and those that try to talk things through are going to be relegated to roles they dont like/are not as good at..

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
25 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Fair enough then, I would just watch the tone a bit closer.

The replies were coming off as a bit snide.

Continue, good sir.
Thanks for the heads up

Dinaverg

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman1 View Post
Why? It is essentially idolized in league of legends to play one specific role and play it amazingly. See: every single professional team. Why shouldn't the lower levels of the game reflect the higher levels in the same manner?

The only way right now to main a role and be able to play it continuously is to make a team of 5 people. The question I ask is why this is, and I don't see why it's a problem to consider that people might want to be able to be more specific with what they want to play.
Then they should find a team and queue up with them. obviously. That's the thing they should be considering. solo queuing with the mindset that you're in a pro team is obviously a mistake.

BishoPXL

02-25-2013

Quote:
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
Have you ever tried draft pick...ever? In your life?

The Camel Rider

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Sniper View Post
Pick order is sorted by elo I thought...
Person with the highest is at the top...?

Who cares? Everyone is within 40 elo of each other. What makes someone 1 elo higher guaranteed to be better?

Win streaks and loss streaks happen. It doesnt mean anything.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
I'm bronze 2, and work out with other people who want to jungle the roles, and we have never had 2 junglers or someone being forced into something. Every time it's been a happy communication that led to a friendly game with better teamwork for it.
lol im in the same realm of elo and yet at best this has happened in 50% of games. Half go well enough the other half the person i defer to feeds terribly and they get raged at. Turning it into a whole mess of unfun for our team. I try to let everyone have their role and I have still gotten a couple of junglers or a couple of people in mid. Trolling because they still did not get what they wanted.

YoshioPeePee

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
the solution is to just type "i'll fill" at the beginning of the game

(thought admittedly if i tried harder to avoid mid, and especially top, i'd probably win more games
also i should point out that like griff, i've never had someone troll because they didn't get what they wanted

just having 1 person on the team immediately willing to take whatever is needed might go a long way in preventing fights in champion select

The Camel Rider

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
Pick order is absolute. It can't be changed and it's not biased.

It's wonderful.

Sup troll? Ready for me to play AP mid ashe?

Planarian

02-25-2013

Quote:
I feel like the sample of people posting otherwise in this thread is a minority. I don't know how it is in higher Elos, but at my low Elo, with the attitude I bring, things are not a problem in my experience, in the vast majority of games.
Grift,

I'm like you in that I approach ranked select with a positive attitude. My first words in every game are "Hello all". I'll state my preference ("I'd like to mid if possible please but am flexible") and then, invariably I end up picking something other than my preference to fill out a reasonable team comp, which usually means Jungle (which I'm okay-ish at) or Support (which is possibly my worst role). I don't ***** about it, I just fill where we need.

Here's the thing though... my win rate when I go with the roles I'm best at is super good. I'm rarely outplayed in laning phase.. but teamfights/mid game you rely on your teammates to posses a clue. Doesn't always happen.

People enjoy winning. When I'm the nice guy and pushed into a role I know is not my best because *I'm* the only one being reasonable.. invariably there are flames and "gg noob support". This is *not* enjoyable at all.