These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I feel like the sample of people posting otherwise in this thread is a minority. I don't know how it is in higher Elos, but at my low Elo, with the attitude I bring, things are not a problem in my experience, in the vast majority of games.
Yea, and the same amount of people speed or drive in the car pool lane in front of a cop that do when the cop isn't present. I'm not saying that you are wrong about your experience, but it isn't the same as ours unless you are incognito.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tigre the Legend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
You obviously haven't paid much attention to this community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Dying Dream

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel Rider View Post
Hey Griftrix, forget all these "Pick order >>> All" guys. They have no idea how to manage people. They are the selfish idiots that cause losses directly from champ select before ever playing the game, all because they specifically ruined other peoples day.

Unfortunately those kinds of people breed a certain kind of troll... I troll the trolls. I dont care about a game where a team will not communicate, and therefore I do what I want just like they do. And you know what? I am HAPPY to see them lose.

You think I care about my rating? Think again.
Whao, whao buddy. Screw you.

If I go into a ranked queue with champions, runes, masteries and knowledge for all 5 standard roles

and

DerpyMcDariusTOPONLY comes in, screams IM TOP IM TOP I ONLY PLAY TOP

you are sitting here expecting me to bend to his whim?

And if I don't I'm the troll? Because I was responsible enough and think of my potential teammates and go in prepared to play any role?

No, you eat ****. You eat all the **** in the world. I am not in the wrong when I play top instead as an earlier seeded pick than him.

Go be pissed off at him for being a selfish manchild. I'll be enjoying the game and having him on mute ALL GAME.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maou

Senior Member

02-25-2013

So if you feel that the reason any problems occur with pick selection is just player attitude and refusal to communicate, do you think there can honestly be anything done to rectify that or do you honestly believe that you just have to have faith that the community can mature? I'm in Silver III, a place where every single person wants out of. People are hostile, ignorant and vile in every single game no matter what my attitude is at the start. I always try to be "that guy" and be as polite as possible to defuse any pre existing tensions, but it never works.

Maybe in Bronze Tier people just don't care as much because you are as low as you can be, but where I am at, people want out and it's very hard to pull yourself out when everyone is so toxic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Camel Rider

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
Whao, whao buddy. Screw you.

If I go into a ranked queue with champions, runes, masteries and knowledge for all 5 standard roles

and

DerpyMcDariusTOPONLY comes in, screams IM TOP IM TOP I ONLY PLAY TOP

you are sitting here expecting me to bend to his whim?

And if I don't I'm the troll? Because I was responsible enough and think of my potential teammates and go in prepared to play any role?

No, you eat ****. You eat all the **** in the world. I am not in the wrong when I play top instead as an earlier seeded pick than him.

Go be pissed off at him for being a selfish manchild. I'll be enjoying the game and having him on mute ALL GAME.

Yes, you are the troll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brightinly

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Calmer than you are dude, calmer than you are.

I always read/write on the forums with a smile
I agree with the other comment, stop already or end up like Morello calling people retarded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Honzo

Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Be polite, and help facilitate the communication. (sorry for picking here, I'm just joking but) removing your caps lock or shift key might help ^_^
You can preach turning the other cheek all you want but the fact remains that even if you do everything you can to bend over backwards for people and try to facilitate

team work you are still going to frequently have games where two other people want the same lane and one goes by pick order and the other by call order. If neither are

willing to budge and no one wants to dodge (I've had this happen frequently in promotion games that you can't dodge) then you are stuck in a game where you are likely

support and almost no chance to win shorthanded if you have been following your nice guy fill in strategy.

So not only are you going to lose but you literally could do nothing to avoid this loss. The worst part is that you now have to play out this losing game for at least 20

minutes or you are reported, this is maddening and will turn even the kindest player bitter eventually.

I know you have tremendous faith in the community but I will say it is easier for you to be a nice guy as you are a riot employee and probably just a nice person in

general. Unfortunately the average LoL player has much less patience and it is human nature to not want to be taken advantage of. When you have no set rules there

will always be people abusing them and all it takes is 2 players with a no compromise attitude to ruin a 10 player game. I know you don't want to take a stance on either

side as it will alienate the other side, but in this cause I think it is the lesser of two evils to just end the discussion once and for all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXJayeDuBXx

Junior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
I disagree good sir!
That's fine, I disagree too. With you that is. Long live the Duke!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

Senior Member

02-25-2013

the solution is to just type "i'll fill" at the beginning of the game

(thought admittedly if i tried harder to avoid mid, and especially top, i'd probably win more games


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walram Amani

Senior Member

02-25-2013

I like how the people getting downvoted are the ones saying that neither pick order and call order matter and actually talking to your teammates does...