These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hshoncho

02-25-2013

good luck grif, most of this community is to thickheaded to even try to understand what you are saying

Plan665

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I feel like the sample of people posting otherwise in this thread is a minority. I don't know how it is in higher Elos, but at my low Elo, with the attitude I bring, things are not a problem in my experience, in the vast majority of games.
I will confirm what he says. If you are willing to help your team out, rather than fight over a role, your games go much better. Fair or not, being a team players normally makes other that might not be so helpful want to help out.

InertBlowfish

02-25-2013

Quote:
Calmer than you are dude, calmer than you are.

I always read/write on the forums with a smile

Fair enough then, I would just watch the tone a bit closer.

The replies were coming off as a bit snide.

Continue, good sir.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

02-25-2013

Quote:
I feel like the sample of people posting otherwise in this thread is a minority. I don't know how it is in higher Elos, but at my low Elo, with the attitude I bring, things are not a problem in my experience, in the vast majority of games.
Well, clearly there are others bothered by the same issue so a simple question remain, if there's a way to temporarily fix the issue, even though it's not the ideal solution (yet), why let all these "unlucky players" have their experience ruined when you guys could have done something about it?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel Rider View Post
Hey Griftrix, forget all these "Pick order >>> All" guys. They have no idea how to manage people. They are the selfish idiots that cause losses directly from champ select before ever playing the game, all because they specifically ruined other peoples day.

Unfortunately those kinds of people breed a certain kind of troll... I troll the trolls. I dont care about a game where a team will not communicate, and therefore I do what I want just like they do. And you know what? I am HAPPY to see them lose.

You think I care about my rating? Think again.
This is what we're cultivating.

Tegakari

02-25-2013

Incorporate a vote-dodge that doesn't apply a penalty to the dodgers.

My current list of problems this does not solve:

world hunger
cancer
global warming, pollution
pop music

SliceSabre

02-25-2013

I used to go pick order or be nice and let people call what they want. But then after being nice for a streak where I played 50+ games in a row as support, I got tired of being nice and insta-locked mid annie and didn't care what my team-mates thought.

Glarolar

02-25-2013

Ever since i got out of gold and into plat, i've seen much less trolling in champ select, and people are working things out. However, back when i was in gold i saw way to much of people trolling in champ select when not getting the role they wanted (specifically if they had to play support, myself included sadly) but in plat everyone works it out.

What i do dislike in plat though, is that with higher skill level, people aren't able to perform well at all the roles. I personally was able to Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, and support perfectly fine when i was gold. Now at plat, all i can do is Top and support because the skill level int he other roles are much higher and i am almost guaranteed to lose that lane unless the person i'm going against doesn't play that role much either.

A few games ago we had 4 people call top, we worked it out without any arguments, but we got our ass kicked solely due to the fact that no one else could play any other role, which i think is a big problem at the higher elos.

StViscous

02-25-2013

Quote:
Calmer than you are dude, calmer than you are.

I always read/write on the forums with a smile
Am I wrong, dude? Am I wrong?

Dinaverg

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman1 View Post
Why are people able to not play roles that they do not want to play (in world of warcraft)?

You can make a priest and play shadow, and not even have a healing spec, and it works out fine. You may not be able to find a group or a raid as quickly, but it works out such that you never in your life have to heal.

In league, there ARE going to be situations where you have to play a role that you may not want to ever play in your lifetime. In the current system, there is simply no way around it.

Some people are flexible, some people aren't. The league of legends system forces at least some degree of flexibility. Being flexible, you don't see the problem the way the guy who just wants to play mid all day every day sees it. - This is coming from a highly flexible jack of all trades player. I suggest an objective look at the issue at hand from the perspective of someone who really does only want to play one specific role.
That person should think carefully about the choice of game they're playing...

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
How well do you think someone who claims to be terrible at support will do at support? Do you really want to have that person playing their worst role?

Let me give an example for those who want a structured system.

Person 1 and 2 call mid. Here is the right thing to do. Ask each other what other roles they are good at. Decide together which one should play mid, considering team composition and counter picking. If one of the players states a role that has not yet been filled as a secondary role they are good at, then this becomes easy.
The problem with this comes in when most of the team is spamming various opinions. Add in someone throwing random comments and you can burn up the time really quick with out getting a very good consensus. I am a slow typer so this happens to me quite a bit.

Sure if only 1 or 2 people are typing it is easy to make a decision. Especially with a player like myself who is fairly comfortable in any role and is willing to play any role when I play ranked. If I don't want to play a role I don't play ranked. Unfortunately the majority of our player base is not as flexible as I am. I am sorry Riot if you think otherwise then you are delusional. Sure most people are flexible but, not with every role.

Now I am all for agreeing with your opinion Riot. It is just that it does not play out like you would like in as many games as I would like.