So Xin Zhao was picked or banned in 45/48 games in the first 3weeks of LCS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagovirus

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undoubted View Post
In NA Xins stats were:

Week 1 saw 6 picks and 1 ban (with a WR of 67%)
Week 2 saw 2 picks and 6 bans (with a WR of 100%)
Week 3 saw 3 picks and 5 bans (with a WR of 33%)
Giving a total LCS WR of 64% after 11 picks.

EU stats were:

Week 1 saw 1 pick and 7 bans (with a WR of 0%)
Week 2 saw 1 pick and 6 bans (with a WR of 0%)
Week 3 saw 4 picks and 3 bans (with a WR of 50%)
Giving a total LCS WR of 33% with 6 picks

I don't know about anyone else, but I think there is something wrong with a champion being picked/banned 95% of the time...
Ezreal was and still is picked a lot, like Olaf, that don't make them broken either.
Probably add Amumu to that list.

Xin is just one of the FotM recently, like J4, before that it was Lee Sin, Taric, Ezreal and Zyra.

It changes quite often, it'll change again.

Just the win rates proves he isn't the problem you make it to be....

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

02-25-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Yes, of course Season 3 itemization helps him out immensely. But there was something like a 2 month gap between Season 3 items and Hecarim becoming FOTM.

Pro Anïvïa

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Yes, of course Season 3 itemization helps him out immensely. But there was something like a 2 month gap between Season 3 items and Hecarim becoming FOTM.
buffing the hell out of elder lizard didnt help though, its been extremely core on hecarim since its creation and since then its gained 10% CDR and had its combine reduced. at this point its disgustingly cost efficient even without the increased monster damage and true damage DoT.

wiki calculates its total gold value without the passives at 3246g, and the item only costs 2300g.

Cronovey

02-25-2013

Quote:
I think our live design team has seriously stepped up its game. We tend to be a lot more reactive now. If we overnerf we reverse the changes, of course, but there's also that old psychological effect. One story Feralpony told me once was that we put out patch notes saying Vlad pool had lost its MS buff and received some other nerfs and Vlad was suddenly considered trash tier, with both his pick and his win rate plummeting. Problem was, the changes accidentally never went out. So after it seems like a champion was overnerfed and is trash now, we have to wait a little to make sure that's actually what happened. Remember also that Hecarim was considered weak for the longest time and has skyrocketed to the top of jungle picks now with no changes.
He isn't the only one. Ezreal was considered to be absolute garbage, and with very small buffs to only his mana costs, people played him. Now he's been nerfed repeatedly and the bat keeps swinging, but he's still a very competitive and highly picked champion.

People are always going to jump to the next big thing and claim that they pioneered it while other players have been doing it for weeks or months trying to say "ITS GOOD GUYS I SWEAR" to no avail.

Bugog

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagovirus View Post
Ezreal was and still is picked a lot, like Olaf, that don't make them broken either.
Probably add Amumu to that list.

Xin is just one of the FotM recently, like J4, before that it was Lee Sin, Taric, Ezreal and Zyra.

It changes quite often, it'll change again.

Just the win rates proves he isn't the problem you make it to be....
All the commonly used jungles in the LCS seem to be used for the same reason: gap closer into knockup with front loaded damage. It's what got Alistar nerfed, and it's exactly what Xin, J4, and Vi do. Xin just seems to be the best at it currently.

Servantofthe99

02-25-2013

Quote:
I think our live design team has seriously stepped up its game. We tend to be a lot more reactive now. If we overnerf we reverse the changes, of course, but there's also that old psychological effect. One story Feralpony told me once was that we put out patch notes saying Vlad pool had lost its MS buff and received some other nerfs and Vlad was suddenly considered trash tier, with both his pick and his win rate plummeting. Problem was, the changes accidentally never went out. So after it seems like a champion was overnerfed and is trash now, we have to wait a little to make sure that's actually what happened. Remember also that Hecarim was considered weak for the longest time and has skyrocketed to the top of jungle picks now with no changes.

that was mostly due to the fact that other junglers were nerfed quite a lot and the new items helped out hecarim. and vlad STILL isn't considered that great. not that high win rate or pick rate or ban rate in tournies or high elo play

Mallaidh

02-25-2013

Quote:
About Hecarim, he was not changed, but the jungle and items were changed.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

those nerfs to xin zhao will turn him into lee sin

Vice City

02-25-2013

Quote:

All I have to say is look at Rengar now.

Padookey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Okay it seems like every jungler in the game is going to get nerfed now. Good job riot, i hope my J4 doesn't get screwed over. He already has a buggy ultimate please don't touch my J4.