These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
How will being as stubborn as them make your game experience better?
By not being forced out of your role every single time, first pick? Too bad, last pick buttmuncher just yelled "MID HUEUHEUHUEHUE"

Last pick? Too bad, you're in one of those teams who know the value of order.



Bottom line is: Until you guys give us a proper official solution instead of suggestions, the pick order is THE ONLY order we have, we should enforce it every game, no matter what, we need order, and we need it now. You can discuss and communicate, but in the end the first picks are only being corteus, if they say they are taking a lane, suck it up and hope you're not last pick next game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rain13ow Dash

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
...be stubborn in champion select like a child? I am amused that you are asking others to "grow up already".
Meanwhile, in another topic about trolls in champ select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The thing is, that's actually true.

That guy is out for himself. And only himself. Right now, he's getting pretty good feedback that he can yell, "MID OR FEED!!!!!!!111" and instalock AP Teemo and make people dodge until he gets it.

See how fast he changes his ways when people don't put up with his **** and he has a few miserable games in a row.

Now, he's definitely hurting the other players in the game. I can't deny that. But he's going to get his account removed really, really quickly when he gets reported by everyone for being a jerk.

It's just a culture thing. If we all, as responsible LoL players, say, "No, we're going to call your bluff, BRB getting you Tribunaled" the trolls all go away. These trolls exist because they're able to get you to dodge for them instead of standing up to them.
So which is it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Dying Dream

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJayeDuBXx View Post
Wow, consider mind blown! Actually not really, seem likes a bunch of nonsensical mumbo jumbo.

Pick order does not matter, call outs do. Learn it, live it, love it.
I disagree good sir!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

type1Rush

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
...be stubborn in champion select like a child? I am amused that you are asking others to "grow up already".
It has nothing todo with acting like a child.. It works, it is something I can count on, because I have results to show it has worked for me.. if I jungle, I win more times than lose, which will raise your tier, whereas if I play other roles, and be a team player, I lose more games than I win. which will lower your tier..

You allow me to game the system, by not taking a stance, by just saying "communicate", so dont call me a child because I want to win in ranked. Dont call me a child because I am a thick headed asshat.. I spent 2 season at 900 elo, and this season I am already in silver II, so I am going to continue being thick headed, and I am going to continue winning..

You go on, and keep up that communicating stuff, and enjoy Bronze buddy..

The people in this thread have valid points, and valid arguments.. I realize I am the type of person they are mad about, but I also realize they are right.. Just because you want to dance around the subject doesnt change anything.. At some point Riot needs to man up and accept that they have to choose a side, and/or create a system for selecting a role prior to queueing up..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
21 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Plos View Post
Last pick? Too bad, you're in one of those teams who know the value of order.
Value of order? I value a team that is willing to work together, and has the best combination of roles for their combined skill set.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blizzmaster

Senior Member

02-25-2013

You know, I've always wondered if a (partial) solution to the whole champion select pick order/call roles mess would be to implement the queue similar to how WoW handled their LFG system for dungeons. You queue up and select your preferred roles, and then the matchmaker handles it from there.

Example: if you only pick one role, such as mid, your queue time would be longer, but when it does pop, you would be guaranteed a mid-lane spot. However, if you queue up and select all 5 roles, queue times would be drastically shorter, but your role wouldn't be guaranteed.

I found that the LFG system worked really well in WoW, perhaps we could take a look at getting something similar in LoL?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahriman1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Why do you think I made a shaman and paladin who can switch roles? Why do you think they made dual specs? Communication and flexibility.
Why are people able to not play roles that they do not want to play (in world of warcraft)?

You can make a priest and play shadow, and not even have a healing spec, and it works out fine. You may not be able to find a group or a raid as quickly, but it works out such that you never in your life have to heal.

In league, there ARE going to be situations where you have to play a role that you may not want to ever play in your lifetime. In the current system, there is simply no way around it.

Some people are flexible, some people aren't. The league of legends system forces at least some degree of flexibility. Being flexible, you don't see the problem the way the guy who just wants to play mid all day every day sees it. - This is coming from a highly flexible jack of all trades player. I suggest an objective look at the issue at hand from the perspective of someone who really does only want to play one specific role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nbur

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Rain13ow Dash

Quote:
Quote:




Originally Posted by Griftrix

...be stubborn in champion select like a child? I am amused that you are asking others to "grow up already".
Meanwhile, in another topic about trolls in champ select...



Quote:
Quote:




Originally Posted by Phreak

The thing is, that's actually true.

That guy is out for himself. And only himself. Right now, he's getting pretty good feedback that he can yell, "MID OR FEED!!!!!!!111" and instalock AP Teemo and make people dodge until he gets it.

See how fast he changes his ways when people don't put up with his **** and he has a few miserable games in a row.

Now, he's definitely hurting the other players in the game. I can't deny that. But he's going to get his account removed really, really quickly when he gets reported by everyone for being a jerk.

It's just a culture thing. If we all, as responsible LoL players, say, "No, we're going to call your bluff, BRB getting you Tribunaled" the trolls all go away. These trolls exist because they're able to get you to dodge for them instead of standing up to them.
So which is it?

^^^

what that guy said

that was the red post by phrek i was talking about!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InertBlowfish

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Value of order? LOL. How is this more valuable than a team that is willing to work together, and has the best combination of roles for their combined skill set?
I'm not trying to be THAT guy...

But you seem to be getting worked up a bit with these last couple of comments.

I would exit stage right for a couple of minutes, man..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
22 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4set View Post
Dont call me a child because...
My apologies.