@RiotKiddington Some help with new match making

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skylayer

02-25-2013

I would really apreciate if you can enlight me in the new work process of matchmaking.

I just end a game where my team was:

bronce I, Bronce II, Silver I, Silver V and ME Silver IV

vs:

Silver I, (2) Silver IV, Silver III and Silver IV

Im kinda lost here already, BUT WAIT!!
After reviewing the RANKED MATCHES PLAYED i realize this:

My team: 34, 18, 40, 95 and ME 136

VS:

23, 154, 223, 67, 124

If you do some math the average games played for my team is 64.6 vs 118.2 of enemy... thats almost double.. + the huge division difference.

I dont have to tell you i saw a bronce jungler being eaten by a counter jungler (and he never ward his own jung), or a top lane with 75cs vs 161 cs from the opponent. Or even mid lane loosing 2 towers in 18 mins..and inhibitor at 22. with a nice final score of 5 vs 17 (not counting 0 dragons, 5 tower and 1 inhibitor lost)

As i said ill apreciate if you can tell me how that matchmaking works cause i didnt remember you guys told us about this type of behaviour... and if im posting this isnt cause i lost JUST THE LAST GAME, i have been watching the games played, the division and ffs this ISNT WORKING!
TY

P.D i forgot to tell you the game was at 13:49 hrs so i dont think we have few players to do a matchup (i had a que of less 20 secs), and i lost 19 LP

El Chavito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

league fo trolling xD

Selcopa

02-25-2013

there is no new match making, its the same as before

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

02-25-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I can't disclose the detail of matchmaking process or logic, but I can tell you that match looks normal based on various stats I am seeing. The key thing is that in S3 we use MMR instead of LP for matching.

Currently, I think you should focus more on how to improve your in game behavior so you will not enter Tribunal again, that will also help with your LP progression.

Selcopa

02-25-2013

While I have you here, how close am I to tribunal and/or forum ban?

Skylayer

02-25-2013

Ty for the answer, but thats what i dont understand. "but I can tell you that match looks normal based on various stats I am seeing"

If MMR is something like old ELO?, i mean some like average points based in your games played and win rate.

Other point is you were proud of making a new matchup factor. The amount of wins.
Is this working already? How you can group someone with similar stats like mine with 18, 34wins vs a 100+ average team (i mean in general). The >100 wins experience is huge

And how they could have the same MMR, if they have way less games played (counting with wins factor), way less division (ergo less old elo or mmr)

I dont need you to reveal the treasure secrets, just plz explain me how that is "normal" AND if you are agree with the existance of a huge disadvantage of teams.

BTW: "...improve your in game behavior so you will not enter Tribunal again" You dont think that was slightly UNETHICAL? revealing personal status? or tribunal issues?

Nightraged

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylayer View Post
Ty for the answer, but thats what i dont understand. "but I can tell you that match looks normal based on various stats I am seeing"

If MMR is something like old ELO?, i mean some like average points based in your games played and win rate.

Other point is you were proud of making a new matchup factor. The amount of wins.
Is this working already? How you can group someone with similar stats like mine with 18, 34wins vs a 100+ average team (i mean in general). The >100 wins experience is huge

And how they could have the same MMR, if they have way less games played (counting with wins factor), way less division (ergo less old elo or mmr)

I dont need you to reveal the treasure secrets, just plz explain me how that is "normal" AND if you are agree with the existance of a huge disadvantage of teams.

BTW: "...improve your in game behavior so you will not enter Tribunal again" You dont think that was slightly UNETHICAL? revealing personal status? or tribunal issues?
No, it wasn't unethical for him to reveal it. He is hinting to you so that you know what part of the issue is with progressing in ranked. Sounds like in some of the games you may have been referencing, you had a behavior or communication issue that hindered your teams play and made it more difficult for the entire team to work together and win. Wake up.

Selcopa

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylayer View Post

It is the old elo

Quote:
ELO doesn't care about this, wins don't mean better players.

Quote:
You are an idiot if you don't understand this

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
I don't think you know how to properly use the term unethical

Skylayer

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightraged View Post
you had a behavior or communication issue that hindered your teams play and made it more difficult for the entire team to work together and win. Wake up.
THIS post is about MATCHMAKING (pregame process if you didnt understand) so why is ingame behaviour a topic of the thread?

@Selcopa:
Calling idiot, and underestimating the wins ratio experience just make me think you dont have nothing to do here. Pls save your comments by yourself. Ty
"I don't think you know how to properly use the term unethical"
If Riot would like to let know to all the community who have been banned, punished or part of a tribunal case, they would have that information open. In other words in game you could review a tribunal history or even in the tribunal cases reviewing you could see THE SUMMONER NAME.
If they dont allow or display that information is because IS PERSONAL. And no one, less a RIOT EMPLOYEE should reveal that info. And what that have to do WITH A PREGAME QUESTION?... This isnt a behaviour topic, or request... This is a matchmaking discution. Now if that factor is take in count when the sistem is making the groups my apologies, but i really dont think so.

Nightraged

02-26-2013

Fixing your behavior and attitude first will take you farther than just complaining about the system with a poor track record of in game behavior. Thats whats being pointed out to you. Continue to ignore it all you like.