These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InertBlowfish

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Because I think we have a very good community overall. Remember, I'm playing games in bronze 2. The techniques I have described work well for me. I do not have Riot in my name, and have only been recognized in about 6, maybe 7 games.

Let me ask you a question grif, have you ever played WoW?

If you have, have you ever gone on a raid?

What do you do when you can't find a healer because they are more rare than diamonds?

You wait until you can find one.

You don't pick up a random person and they say, "I'm going triple tank no healer".

What I'm trying to say is that you can have a perfect community, but at the end of the day people would rather just not play than sit there for 40 minutes wanting to suicide because the person they are supporting has several different 'learning difficulties' (to be politically correct).

Uiraya

02-25-2013

Quote:
How will being as stubborn as them make your game experience better?
Because the "official Riot response" is to cater to him. Therefore, if you want a role, discussion is less effective than stubbornness.

And therein lies the problem.
~Uiru

Hackulator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
I know, but I refuse to give up. I have many many friendly games, and it's because of attitudes in champ select. I want to share that with others so they can have as much fun as I do.
Are you playing on an account that is tagged as being a Rioter? If so, your personal experience is basically meaningless.

And it was K

02-25-2013

Quote:
I know, but I refuse to give up. I have many many friendly games, and it's because of attitudes in champ select. I want to share that with others so they can have as much fun as I do.
Bull****. I'm friendly and flexible in champ select and I still get screwed by this ****. I want an official stance so the uncompromising idiots fighting amongst themselves won't screw me over.

Arcticfury

02-25-2013

Quote:
It's not only about whether he's better at top than you. It's about if him at top and you somewhere else is in total a better combination than you top and him somewhere else. Looking at which of you is better top is the same problem as saying X champion is better top than jungle. It's not a question of are they better top or jungle, it's a question of if they are not top, is there a champion to fill top that is better at it, and also if they are jungle, are they better than some other champion there? It's opportunity cost. You have to think about what you are and aren't getting with the choice, not just 1 part of it.

Did I explain this well? I think I may have clouded it up.
So you expect this diplomacy to happen in while the timer ticks? There are too many variables to know unless the two arguing are 4th and 5th pick on your team. Who's better top? Who's better on second role? Who has the better champ to counter? Oh ****, timer is up, best just pick Top, oh double ****, I just got countered. Tick, tick, tick. I won't trade, now I'm top and you can sup as Jayce......

Yup, this all works in the Kingdom of Caring where there is only one Grumpy Bear and no time limits, hard counters, everyone owns every champ and has a rune and mastery set for each champ, and we all hug after the match.

Maverick515

02-25-2013

I recently went through a very nasty run of teams that didn't get along and couldn't agree on anything. In 25 games I went 3-22, largely due to people being mad at each other and no one thinking about what's best for the team (including myself).

Since then I have made a simple policy for myself. I start every champion select with, "I prefer to play mid or adc, but I'll fill in where we need." Since then I have had a change of "luck". I've gone about 15-5 in my last 20 and my MMR is no longer in the toilet.

The most surprising part? I haven't really supported much. Check my last 10 games, I've only supported in one of them. Assuming that nobody wants to support (which isn't actually true) you still need to support 20% of your games, because that it what's fair. Since I have taken the "I'll fill where we need" approach, I have won many more games and been required to support much less.

Sacrifice and team cooperation goes a long way. Even if you feel like you're always the one "taking it for the team."

Riesgraf

02-25-2013

Quote:
How will being as stubborn as them make your game experience better?
Wouldn't giving in to their childish tantrums only serve to encourage such behaviour? 5 teammates in a lobby. 2 people bicker over roles and eventually, one of them decides to give in and fill the remaining role. The other 3 are silent observers. It is likely that one of them will think "Hey! That dude was such a ****** and the other dude gave in so he wouldn't troll! Maybe I'll try that next time when someone picks a role I want!". The cycle continues...

Plan665

02-25-2013

Quote:
YOU can make it happen, next time someone wants the same role as you.
This is the source of the conflict. People want a “fair” system to prevent pushy, demanding players from getting the role they demand, rather than backing down and playing a different role. The people in the community see that as unfair.

The problem is that if the team cannot work together to pick roles, there is little hope of winning the game. If a player who is fourth in the pick order says “Im only good at mid, I can’t play anything else” and the way people decide to solve that problem is “to bad, the pick order rules and I’m taking mid”, the team was doomed anyways.

You can’t expect Riot to solve the internet for you. Don’t play online if you won’t want to deal with pushy people and don't fight with them if you decided to play online.

OwlCityBestCity

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Bull****. I'm friendly and flexible in champ select and I still get screwed by this ****. I want an official stance so the uncompromising idiots fighting amongst themselves won't screw me over.
I'll throw this out there.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why I have my yellow honor ribbon is because I allow myself to be forced into supporting and don't complain about it....

hashinshin

02-25-2013

Quote:
Internet stalking is really creepy. Every time someone looks up another player, it get creeped out.
seconded.

I don't get why this has become common acceptable behavior.