These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
13 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17804f7429d10e View Post
Griftix, you don't get it.

They don't want to give their thing to someone else, they want to have an official legitimation to tell someone to **** off and play X because nobody wants to and he/she got the short end of the stick.

They don't want to cooperate, they want a right to be jerks and ignore people because they have a right to do it.

That's the whole point why people keep arguing about pick order/call order enforcement. They want their own point of view be an official law that everyone has to adhere to or be punished.
I know, but I refuse to give up. I have many many friendly games, and it's because of attitudes in champ select. I want to share that with others so they can have as much fun as I do.

Heresy

02-25-2013

Griftrix if you can communicate well in Bronze II then good for you, but emphasis also on the Bronze II part of your sentence. Low tier players are always yelled at to carry themselves out of their tier but how are they suppose to do that if they're always forfeiting what they're good at for players that are trolls or jerks?

tehdef

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post

All I can say is that we totally agree that it's a problem and it's worth solving correctly.
I'd be happy with an interim band-aid fix for now, while you work on a better solution. This is impacting me until you fix it.

Speaking as a business, the IMPACT of inaction in a free game drives players away from the game as it helps to drop your net promoter.

Release awesome system, but people can't get the most out of it. The net promoter for the business drops because the new system is met with frustration, rather than enjoyment.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
I just had read this post and then qued up for a game. I was 4th pick. Two players fought over jungle. One had called it (last pick). The other had earlier pick (3rd pick). The one with earlier pick took jungle. The one who called it said Riot believes calls >picks and went jungle as well leaving me as adc solo bot vs a leona/mf. I was just trying to fill. I didn't even call ADC and offered the last pick (the guy who called jungle) that he could have either support or adc (the only two roles left at that point).

Halfway through the game the other two players, top and mid, go afk even though surprisingly we were not that far behind.

Your mature community in action Riot. And the confusion was based specifically on whether or not calls or picks take precedent. This happens a lot.

As a random funny aside, even with a double jungle, I never got a gank bot as a solo adc pushed to my tower most of the time lol.

Quote:
I'm bronze 2, and work out with other people who want to jungle the roles, and we have never had 2 junglers or someone being forced into something. Every time it's been a happy communication that led to a friendly game with better teamwork for it.
You are a well known Riot employee. You don't have the same experience as the rest of us.

OwlCityBestCity

02-25-2013

Did anyone else see the guy who suggested /roll option in the lobby?

Riot, what do you think about this?

Painbrain

02-25-2013

Quote:
How well do you think someone who claims to be terrible at support will do at support? Do you really want to have that person playing their worst role?

Let me give an example for those who want a structured system.

Person 1 and 2 call mid. Here is the right thing to do. Ask each other what other roles they are good at. Decide together which one should play mid, considering team composition and counter picking. If one of the players states a role that has not yet been filled as a secondary role they are good at, then this becomes easy.
Even assuming that this is the only discussion taking place in lobby(which is unlikely in my experience), there's not enough time for all that discussion.

I love the game and think you guys by-and-large do a great job, but I don't even play ranked yet (threads like these have kept me afraid enough to not even want to start it) and I can seee how there must be something that could be put into place to help stem these issues.

SPACEPISTOL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Why is role queing not a good idea? I think that role queing would solve this problem.

TT Dreadnaught

02-25-2013

HAshinshin you know riot is a ****ign terrible company in any field other than developement, they don't know what the **** they are doing, don't ask them these questions because they will just scratch their heads and release another champion

BiggerFish

02-25-2013

Quote:
I know, but I refuse to give up. I have many many friendly games, and it's because of attitudes in champ select. I want to share that with others so they can have as much fun as I do.
The thing is you're ruining more games than you save by not enforcing pick order

phatcat09

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEPISTOL View Post
Why is role queing not a good idea? I think that role queing would solve this problem.
because they're "afraid" of enforcing a Meta that they already enforce.