These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

979F

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
You're a funny guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheScholarlyDude

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanZombie5 View Post
Just because I play who I want doesn't mean I throw the game. I don't play to lose. I play for fun. If other people care there much about team comp they can pick around me. I would never ask them to though. Freedom for all.

Going with everyone play what they want is a perfect world arguement. Team comp does matter in ranked.... if you don't care about team comp.... why are you in ranked? In competitive play you need a competitive team comp.

If you don't care about being competitive; why are you in ranked? - simply put


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadyTheYeti

Senior Member

02-25-2013

I think anyone QQ'ing a flood over this should have to have a special baby-skin applied to any champ they pick for a month, they have no option but to use it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArmedRagnarok

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
post like this... Griftrix is always spamming thi ame MSG in every post he find relating to pick> call.



Simple fact is, we do not have the time to discuss roles an there are people set or only can play 1 role. Riot needs to give players a free 3rd rune page on lv 30. increase champs needed for ranked to like 20-25 this way people just don't buy the 450 IP ones to rush into it. and add on "Players need X # of games played/Won in order to play ranked"

this will greatly reduce the # of trolls. Fresh lv 30s will no longer be a hindrance on serious players. you will actually have accumulated more skill. And you will have had the time to create and fill at least 3 full different rune pages for 3/5 roles which Morello has said you should know if you wish to play ranked.

At Last!, someone that thinks!, amen sir, amen


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadyTheYeti

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolBron Games View Post
Going with everyone play what they want is a perfect world arguement. Team comp does matter in ranked.... if you don't care about team comp.... why are you in ranked? In competitive play you need a competitive team comp.

If you don't care about being competitive; why are you in ranked? - simply put
I addressed this earlier actually. The only reason I do it is for the detailed stats. You don't get that in normal, and I'm not going to other websites to check my stats when i have the option right here in game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatcat09

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
How well do you think someone who claims to be terrible at support will do at support? Do you really want to have that person playing their worst role?

Let me give an example for those who want a structured system.

Person 1 and 2 call mid. Here is the right thing to do. Ask each other what other roles they are good at. Decide together which one should play mid, considering team composition and counter picking. If one of the players states a role that has not yet been filled as a secondary role they are good at, then this becomes easy.
I'm glad that's soooooo obvious to you. It must be equally worth honoring by everybody else then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stayer

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Yesterday I had a ranked game with two people calling top. Their solution? The first pick picked top. Then the fourth pick picked top. First pick copy pasted his calling top before the other persons literally nonstop until the game started, and the fourth pick did the same for a bit (lag I'm guessing, they both 'looked first', but fourth pick was not willing to allow pick order to rule, and first pick was not going to change). The problem comes when two people only want one role and are stubborn. The first pick went akali top and our fourth pick ap trynd went bottom with leona. Akali took clarity/cv to try and force a dodge, but the game started. We won, but that's not the point (lol). We could barely communicate through the pre game spam and trolling clarity on akali just makes you want to murder babies.

Then again, we won. And trolling that bad only happens 1 in 50 or so ranked games.

@grift That'd be great, and I'm willing to do that. I fill basically every game or pick a role that's uncalled 95+% of games. Lots of people don't do that, and wanting them to doesn't make it so. *shrug*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManDudeMcDudeman

Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankyTrap

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
How well do you think someone who claims to be terrible at support will do at support? Do you really want to have that person playing their worst role?

Let me give an example for those who want a structured system.

Person 1 and 2 call mid. Here is the right thing to do. Ask each other what other roles they are good at. Decide together which one should play mid, considering team composition and counter picking. If one of the players states a role that has not yet been filled as a secondary role they are good at, then this becomes easy.
Yes but If I look up their game history to compare the 2 people and person 1 his higher in rating and skill, they should get mid by default because theyre a better player and you play this game to WIN.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esquier

Junior Member

02-25-2013

I really don't see why Pick Order cannot be the default of tie breaker position. That being said, then we still have to communicate and figure out roles.

Your lack of a position on this issue is creating two "rules"

1) I am a higher pick so I get __ role.
2) I typed my role first in chat so I get ___ role.

Racing into chat and trying to type as fast as you can is not helping anything. Instead of looking at the other team, and perhaps, looking at bans, counter picking or engaging in discussions such as: What support are your playing? Do we need a tanky or more dps based jungle?, people race into chat and begin blindly typing.