Sick of seeing same picks every game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anrui

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibley View Post
Regardless of what champs are popular at the current time, it is always fun playing the underplayed, lower win-rate champions. Just have to choose them intelligently as they are usually niche. Only work with certain team comps against certain team comps type of thing.

Try Zil, Karma, or Janna Support. (Havent seen too many janna lately)

Trundle, Sej, or Shyv jungle. (What happened to Shyv?)

Aniv or Heim mid.

Sion, Poppy, Urgot, Ren, or Nas top.

Mostly champs who were created in season 1 and 2 of league seem to be getting forgotten.
Shy one of my favorite jungles and favorite champions in general. I actually play her fairly often and most of the time I play her well.

I've also been using Ren and Nasus more often top. Nasus is really fun, especially if left to free farm he gets extremely scary and I mean extremely. Ren is cool too because of the little burst damage combo he has for harass that does quite a bit of damage and the fact that he's packing a little sustain in his Q.

I've really been trying to branch out and learn to play more champs better.

420 LOL 69

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 092 View Post
ya, i know... but if you want a jungler, then do it, if the other guy dont want to jungle, he might not be that good doing so.
I hate people who calls a pos and instalock and then says that we need a jungler. its not fair.
teamwork starts before the game, but its only 1 minute.
I hate people who can't just suck it up and play what still needs to be played. I do it all the time...it annoys me when people like you are all like "our team needs a jungle but I REFUSE TO JUNGLE RAWR DUO TOP!"

sprichler

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI IM SNARF View Post
I hate people who can't just suck it up and play what still needs to be played. I do it all the time...it annoys me when people like you are all like "our team needs a jungle but I REFUSE TO JUNGLE RAWR DUO TOP!"
Some people just don't have the mentality to play a role. I can't jungle to save my life, and if i refuse to play it instead of "sucking it up" there's a good reason. like every time i've jungled my team has lost the game and it's been my fault because i don't get / can't perform in the jungle role.

LogicalTautology

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprichler View Post
Some people just don't have the mentality to play a role. I can't jungle to save my life, and if i refuse to play it instead of "sucking it up" there's a good reason. like every time i've jungled my team has lost the game and it's been my fault because i don't get / can't perform in the jungle role.
Let's say there is someone new to lvl 30 that has never heard of the concept of jungling. I explain it to him in 30s before the game. Our team is STILL better with him as a jungler than with duo top.

"I'm not good at a role" is not a valid excuse to not play that role when you are last pick and it needs to be filled.

ProfessorBob9

02-25-2013

If you don't like the way the solo queue is then find a team. That way you don't have to worry about people calling things and telling you what to do. When people try to tell me what to do I think about it and if it isn't a good idea I tell them. You pretty much have to have jungle in the game today.

GrimFate56

02-25-2013

i main swain and heimier dinger, just a matter of finding the people who like the things that arnt mainstream meta

just because a character aint used doesnt mean they suck, just means they might be harder to use, or sombody else might do their role a bit better, swain can be a dominant force if the foes dont take away his healing, and even if they do he can still hurt a team with his aoe snare and ulti ticking away as his zonyas laughs at them

anyways back on topic to why i was posting in the first place,

logical you said "im not good at role" is not a valid excuse to not play that role when you are last pick, no last pick IMO should be givin a say BEFORE any bans are even done, ive been last pick left to jungle before and before the match even starts i say gg, as i can tell ya now, put me in jungle and ill be executed i just cannot jungle why? i have no idea, ive tried to learn and i still can't regardless, when a specific role is needed to be filled, you have to relise your just adhereing to the meta in MOST cases

a game with 2 ap carrys can work just as well as one with 1 ap carry and 1 ad carry,

its just a matter off execusion, the only combination i can think of that never works is duo support, and even then soraka mid has proved that wrong (soraka mid with support adc bottom)

its just common scence really, if they openly say "i suck at role" dont leave them that role XD if you do? expect to loose, the only case i can see where "role NEEDS to be filled" is if your team has no crowd control, like at all NONE but can a team of 5 even have NO crowd control is there a comination of 5 champs where none of them have any crowd control? (silence, slow, fear, stun, knock up, pull (crank and threash)

also sorry for my poor spelling it was dark and i didnt spell check XD

LogicalTautology

02-25-2013

I agree that the team should take that into effect. But if no one else locks in a Jungler, and you're last pick, you better be picking someone with Smite and getting in that Jungle. There is no other option.

Alleria

02-25-2013

Well, let's see... Taric is THE most popular support champion, Caitlyn and Ezreal are THE most used ADCs at all ranks, Akali is okay in the current meta and can stomp anyone who lets her snowball, Katarina is still Katarina--have you ever looked at her base damages--they really suck, aside from her ultimate, the only thing broken about her are resets, Olaf is nerfed to hell and is barely played in the meta, if you're playing Garen, you're either trolling or a silver/bronze, Sona is just a fantastic support that offers great team potential and decent laning phase, Lee Sin has always been a top pick in Solo Q since his release, mostly for his strong early game jungle presence, J4 has a been a flavor for S3 for the great team fight and auras/armor shred, Vi is just stupidly strong all game even from the jungle and Singed has actually been hit with some popularity recently--he stacks health, he's hard to kill, MR is not as common, and he fits in quite a few team compositions.

As for the rest... I don't see Darius very often, he is played, but he is not a favored choice. Shen is Shen, he can easily be countered in lane but no one can split push like Shen... no one. Blitz is pretty nerfed imo, he is still banned often for how he works and works with most ADCs not to mention. Amumu is just stupid. It is not an AoE STUN, it is an AoE root/autoattack suppression, you can still use abilities but it seriously needed a nerf and they skipped out on it. Malphite can't jungle anymore and he is countered by quite a few top laners but still scales well into the late game, go figure.

GrimFate56

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
I agree that the team should take that into effect. But if no one else locks in a Jungler, and you're last pick, you better be picking someone with Smite and getting in that Jungle. There is no other option.

normally ild agree with you, but be honest with yourself

pretend your top laner and your in a game with me, ive openly said i CANNOT jungle and i will be a HUGE detriment to the team if i do

would you still expect me to lock a jungler with smite?

or would you rather i do somthing that may lead to me beeing semi usefull late game such as hell even supporting top by harrassing the heack out of the enemy top and constantly staying vigilant for the enemy jungler so you can focus on farm im sure that would help more (even with your slight decrease in exp gain) then me going jungle and dieing to wraiths

LogicalTautology

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimFate56 View Post
normally ild agree with you, but be honest with yourself

pretend your top laner and your in a game with me, ive openly said i CANNOT jungle and i will be a HUGE detriment to the team if i do

would you still expect me to lock a jungler with smite?

or would you rather i do somthing that may lead to me beeing semi usefull late game such as hell even supporting top by harrassing the heack out of the enemy top and constantly staying vigilant for the enemy jungler so you can focus on farm im sure that would help more (even with your slight decrease in exp gain) then me going jungle and dieing to wraiths
Me personally, I would lock in a Jungler. But if I didn't, then yes, I want you to jungle. You will not actually die to Wraiths (or to any Jungle camp, really) unless you are purposefully trying to, and 4 gold/xp sources are better than 3.