1 = √[1] = √[(-1) * (-1)] = √[-1] * √[-1] = i * i = i≤ = -1. Thus, 1 = -1. QED

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackBeast41

02-25-2013

Griftix is my hero.

InShortSight

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Computers do the tedious parts. All you have to do is ask it the right questions.
matrix reference?

Bouncing Beauty

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Computers do the tedious parts. All you have to do is ask them the right questions.
fixed.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
10 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Beauty View Post
fixed.
Thanks.

Kord

02-25-2013

Up to what level of math did you study, Griftrix?

CaptainMårvelous

02-25-2013

Hey look the only thing he knows less about than blue buff

Math. B)

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
11 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kord View Post
Up to what level of math did you study, Griftrix?
I had math all through grad school. But there are so many kinds, it might be more informative to just let you know what areas I have experience. Physics, multidimensional linear algebra, fluid dynamics, geometry, trigonometry, quaternions. Basically, anything you can picture in 0-N dimensional space, I can probably handle OK.

Yaknose

02-25-2013

Let A=L2-L1, B=P-L1. Then the distance from segment L1L2 to P is || B - (A.B)A ||, where A.B is the dot product of the two vectors.

And I just took a second to think how strange it might be that I'm doing linear algebra on a game forum at 3h15 while listening to a tv show in another tab.

BedderDanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaknose View Post
Let A=L2-L1, B=P-L1. Then the distance from segment L1L2 to P is || B - (A.B)A ||, where A.B is the dot product of the two vectors.

And I just took a second to think how strange it might be that I'm doing linear algebra on a game forum at 3h15 while listening to a tv show in another tab.
Question, he said line segment, so don't you have to check the two end points as well?

Or is my Multivariable Calculus / DiffEQ history just not used to thinking in Linear Algebra ways?

Blizzmaster

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaknose View Post

There are a lot stranger things you could be doing at 3:15 in the morning, trust me.