Zed needs a couple playability tweaks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morrocc

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
Currently you have to blow either your W or Flash as well as your ult in order to even reach the enemy carry, meaning once you blow them up (if you are able to in the first place) you cannot reach anybody else on the enemy team because you have already blown all of your mobility spells.
Lots of blowing going down, here.

PallasAthens

02-24-2013

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that he needs it. We can argue terminology all day but I'd rather we didn't.
Remember that QoL change that Rumble got with his flamethrower, and suddenly he started doing more damage and became broke?

Yeah, total difference between QoL and buffing.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrocc View Post
Lots of blowing going down, here.
Just the way I like it

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeIIow 13 View Post
Remember that QoL change that Rumble got with his flamethrower, and suddenly he started doing more damage and became broke?

I didn't say this wouldn't be a buff, why are you so hellbent on proving me wrong instead of having an intelligent conversation?

HunterHagen

02-24-2013

Zed's more in line of nerfs than buffs (based on how Riot balances, anyway).

You can suggest reducing his damage output for a longer cast range and better energy return, but I'd rather not have his numbers nerfed.

And you can forget about asking for a flat buff, it's not going to happen.

Borigrad

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeIIow 13 View Post

No that's not the same. Rumble's Q was designed with ridiculously high damage because of the fact it didn't do full damage during spells. Then when they were finally able to code it properly it had to be nerfed. It was over compensated for bad design cause it was designed to only hit for 70-75% of the total damage. Xypherous made a huge post about it, stop being ignorant.

AdamAndrews

02-24-2013

Zed's damage output is fine, agreed. His job does require that he get out somehow after the job is done. If he uses his W for the extra damage and as a gapcloser, he's not left with anything to reposition himself. I think he does need an energy refund mechanic on at least his ult. Putting it on his passive might make his teamfight damage too high if enemies start dying.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-24-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
I'm aware of that good sir, by "power level" I meant damage. My apologies on that. Went ahead and cleared up that statement.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification. It must be the programmer in me, but small word differences like that can confuse me.

Tydrus

02-24-2013

Giving it another bump

HunterHagen

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Cool.
I hope you realize you're potentially provoking a few Summoners.

*gets popcorn*
(Just say that he's not going to get buffed)