So does anybody buy any other boot enchantments besides Homeguard and Furor?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyvux

02-24-2013

i take distortion on some champs even if i only have flash. ex: galio. i flash then ult for initiate. the lowered cooldown on flash lets me flash into my ult more often as galio's ult already has a long cooldown, so they are near the same, off by only a little.

Riot Wittrock

QA Analyst

02-24-2013

I buy distortion on jungle fiddlesticks every game, usually as a VERY early buy (Dorans ring > Sorc shoes > distortion)

I also find myself buying alacrity lategame a lot if I'm not an ADC. I just don't like homeguard much unless they're sieging our inhib turrets. The "time it saves" getting you back into the action is pretty much NEVER worth it unless you're doing something clutch like re-engaging a fight in your base, or saving an inhib. people forget that 425 gold is a LOT of money...

SUPERMANDATHOE

02-24-2013

I go Homeguard every time. It's way too good.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

02-24-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
Thanks for the insight Scar! But what is the reasoning for making Homeguard boots cheaper than the others? I think that gives it more of an incentive than others to grab earlier don't you?
Homeguard enchant is 475. Alacrity and Distortion are also 475, with Furor at 650 and Captain at 750. It's because of the cost that i actually buy alacrity in more of my games, and early - if i do get homeguard, it's when we're on the backfoot and spending a lot of time on our side of the map.

Rauron

02-24-2013

homeguard + revive/tp is pretty glorious :v

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

When I play Leona or Diana, I get Captain...ESPECIALLY with Leona. The fact that you can be chasing an enemy down is nice, but you need teammates hot on your heels; if they can catch up with you or even pass you to get in range to slow the enemy, it's perfect. The main purpose, though, is obviously for when you land that Zenith Blade--your allies close on the enemy faster, and because you want the battle to center on you, Captain boots are a good choice for Leona.

Diana works similarly; you land the Lunar Rush, close on your enemy, get your allies in there.

I can also see Captain boots being good on Warwick and Rammus...

Cyrus Blackmoon

02-24-2013

I get Captain on my more aggressive supports, like Leona and Taric. Combined with Banner of Command, and you get some great pushing potential.

SolluxAradia

02-24-2013

I almost never buy any enchantments when I play support since the majority of my gold's spent on other potentially important support items/wards.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-24-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus Blackmoon View Post
I get Captain on my more aggressive supports, like Leona and Taric. Combined with Banner of Command, and you get some great pushing potential.
captain is good on defensive supports too since it helps your team disengage faster. i buy captain on pretty much any support, as well as ganking junglers like sejuani and olaf.

true story: scarizard calls me a hipster for buying the captain enchantment. i've yet to have a response to that.

Heal n Peel

02-24-2013

Captain on supports is nice.