@GrumpyMonkey can I ask you some Q's about Trundle Rework

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

1. Will he be keeping his weapon? I feel like the club fills a role of "Brutal Melee" you don't see on most of the other league champions and (artistically)is supposed to be symbolic of his power. Will we see the same or a similar version of the weapon on the rework?

2. Will he still be likable, even if he's a deebo troll. Trundle has good personality, even if it's shadowed by his ugliness. I think that is something strong that draws people to actually play trundle. He's got a **** life, but he's trying to be upbeat and people can connect with that. Will his lore be getting reworked as well with his face-lift(get it)? I think he fits, thematically, within a neat archetype of scarred hero. At the very least I'd hate to see him go from Hero of his village to "gross troll monster". He needs character, imo.

3. Will we be seeing anything major in his abilities being changes(outside of aesthetics) that you can speak on? If there was one thing about his abilities you could change, what would it be? For me personally, I think he'd be a much higher pick if his ult also applied a small slow or something, just for that added effect of it BEING an ult, but that's just me. I understand he has "hidden" power, but I still feel he's in need of buffing and could understand you wanting to wait until his uplift to get it going.

4. How are you planning on adapting his skins to his new look? Are they going to be one-for-one adaptations or are you looking at doing new skins that, if you already owned a trundle skin, you'd be given access to, or a refund of RP if you didn't like the new ones?

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

gromp monky where?

OH NO ITS LU BU

02-19-2013

<_________________________________________________ ___________________________________<

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

02-24-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey I saw your tweet! I'll try to answer best I can. Some of your questions are things that are still being worked on.

"1. Will he be keeping his weapon? I feel like the club fills a role of "Brutal Melee" you don't see on most of the other league champions and (artistically)is supposed to be symbolic of his power. Will we see the same or a similar version of the weapon on the rework? "
Yes He still has a big club.

"2. Will he still be likable, even if he's a deebo troll. Trundle has good personality, even if it's shadowed by his ugliness. I think that is something strong that draws people to actually play trundle. He's got a **** life, but he's trying to be upbeat and people can connect with that. Will his lore be getting reworked as well with his face-lift(get it)? I think he fits, thematically, within a neat archetype of scarred hero. At the very least I'd hate to see him go from Hero of his village to "gross troll monster". He needs character, imo."

This is something we are still working on, the lore team has lots of ideas for him that are still in progress. I think no matter what he's still gonna have character.

'3. Will we be seeing anything major in his abilities being changes(outside of aesthetics) that you can speak on? If there was one thing about his abilities you could change, what would it be? For me personally, I think he'd be a much higher pick if his ult also applied a small slow or something, just for that added effect of it BEING an ult, but that's just me. I understand he has "hidden" power, but I still feel he's in need of buffing and could understand you wanting to wait until his uplift to get it going. "

I don't know about the specific levers that are being pulled. I know the look of his abilities are getting some polish, but as to the specific stats or numbers or whatever Feral Pony should be able to talk about it more than I can.

"4. How are you planning on adapting his skins to his new look? Are they going to be one-for-one adaptations or are you looking at doing new skins that, if you already owned a trundle skin, you'd be given access to, or a refund of RP if you didn't like the new ones?"

This is a bit more complex. His skins have been refitted to the new look. How we implement the changes is still to be determined. I will say it's safe to expect messaging on this particular subject later.

Heil Teemo

02-24-2013

I'm nervous as hell about this. I love Trundle, but I understand that Riot wants to make money, and the leprous cancer survivor doesn't really rake in the cash. I feel like they'll steal his personality while adding another, which is less desirable.

FreestyleKneepad

02-24-2013

Really looking forward to this. Trundle is awesome.

Noraver

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
This is something we are still working on, the lore team has lots of ideas for him that are still in progress. I think no matter what he's still gonna have character.
I REALLY hope he looks like an awesome troll from Dungeons & Dragons.. Those things are monstrous/cool/"ugly", and still very cool monsters.

Rauron

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
This is a non-answer, and you know how important the topic is. Give us something substantive.

Ryou Takeshi

Recruiter

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
This is a non-answer, and you know how important the topic is. Give us something substantive.
How about you stop being so cocky about this and learn your place? He's answering this because he wants to, he doesn't need to say ****. You should learn to appreciate that he's even responding instead of acting as if you're entitled to details. He said they're working on it, and that's his reply.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

02-24-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Best answer I can give you at the moment. I know how important it is, which is why I am going to let the Lore team explain it when they are ready to.