So does anybody buy any other boot enchantments besides Homeguard and Furor?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

distortion is good.

the 15 constant MS one is pretty underrated too. base movement speed is hard to get. % is alot easier to get. but the more base you have the more % helps you.

AFKray

02-24-2013

Personally, I only get Homeguard on Shen. I just feel that extra +15 on Alacrity is just so good in general. I guess if you had to add a "AH AWESOME!" feeling to Alacrity, it would be the feeling you get when you JUST make it away from a gank as they are trying to get in range for that finisher. That is why I go Alacrity. Also, its free MS quints.

ImpossibleGT

02-24-2013

I often buy Capain Boots of Mobility on Sona. Helps shuffle my team around the map in conjunction with her E. Makes the entire team difficult to chase catch out of position. It's a shame they're so damn expensive because supports really can't afford them unless their team is already doing very well.

True Sketch

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I think holistically that it's less important if something like Distortion or Captain are bought a lot of the time, but instead if they feel powerful and fulfilling the times you -do- buy them.

A lot of our plans for S3 itemization were to make a variability of options that feel good when the situation calls for them - Is this the game for Shiv, or PD? Do i turn this pick into a Twin Shadows or a Shard of True Ice? Stuff like that - and i think boot enchants have been a success in that regard.

Alacrity are sort of the 'generalist' boots, and maybe that's why you don't feel excitement around it. It's sort of that 'hey guys i want to upgrade my boots too, what should i get?' You can't go wrong with Alacrity. It's pretty good on dudes who just want flat MS - i'll get it on bruisers, mages, and ADC's alike. Pairs well with swiftness boots (vroom vroom).

Furor i've actually been getting on more mages lately than i have AD carries - since more often than not it's not that i want to stick to people as a carry, it's that i want to escape and re-engage after peel. Elise, Kat, Viktor, Kayle with furor boots feel awesome (esp in combo with Viktor's awesome yellow augment - Q FOR HYPER DRIVE).

Distortion boots are a little wonky only in that you have to plan ahead for wanting to get them. Unlike Homeguard, or Alacrity, or Furor where you can feel smart for being like 'oh man this would be awesome to have right now', unless you got Flash/TP, TP/Ghost, or Flash/Ghost, you never have that 'Aha!' moment. This one's interesting though - i've had a lot of success with it when i ran any of the aforementioned combos, but we've also seen dudes like Alex Ich and Ambition from pro-level games going Flash/TP on Ryze and grabbing Sorc + Distortion, often times before their first real item. This one requires more work to get use out of, but is definitely incredibly powerful.

I'm pretty sure i don't need to say anything about homeguard boots...everyone loves having hotwheels as they run out of base.
Thanks for the insight Scar! But what is the reasoning for making Homeguard boots cheaper than the others? I think that gives it more of an incentive than others to grab earlier don't you?

Masterfiends

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

if all the boot upgrades were 475 i think it would be more interesting

mambawarrior0

02-24-2013

I buy alacrity and distortion a lot, they're actually extremely underrated.

GoblinAtackForce

02-24-2013

Captain is good only on initiator not support. Since captain only work for people following you. Support ussualy is behind others not in front.

Pebbywebby

02-24-2013

Smite Teleport Homeguard Skarner likes his Homeguard boots.

True Sketch

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterfiends View Post
if all the boot upgrades were 475 i think it would be more interesting
Kinda my thought process too. Homies save you a lot of time.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

02-24-2013

I think Alacrity is better than Furor in most situations, especially on mages.

123456 ... 7