@Riot, What's your opinion on Youmuu's Ghostblade?

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix9000 View Post
And it might make it a viable choice on AD Casters, might offer up some diversity to their builds rather than just-> Brut->BC->BT->LW-> Warmogs.
yeah, and maybe a couple other buffs like maybe to the AD or the Armor Pen. Seriously your paying more than 1300gp for +5AD, +10 ArmPen, +15% Crit Chance and the passive. Black Cleaver is only a bit more expensive and gives much more AD as well as Armor Shred.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

02-24-2013
1 of 7 Riot Posts

I think it's pretty good.

To expand slightly - i only ever buy it on Fiora, but it's usually a first item directly behind vamp scepter and i credit that buy to solely winning me the game. I know SmashGizmo has a soft spot for it in his Xin Zhao builds (and the man plays an absurd number of solo Xin games). My feel is just that currently there aren't a lot of dudes who auto attack - and if they do auto attack (Like Xin, for instance) they're often jungling and being used for the utility they bring, so they focus on buys like Locket or Bulwark.

Since S3, i've seen Ghostblade used/used myself on no less than Fiora, Xin, Tryndamere, Garen, Renekton, Olaf, and Nocturne to great effect. It's probably just geared towards a playstyle that isn't mega popular, despite being pretty useful (i get a ton of free stats, so let me stack some cheap multiplier steroids and run you over with them).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titiln

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I think it's pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManElectro

Member

02-24-2013

From what I've seen of GB, it's an item for certain Champions, and those champions tend to get significant use out of it. But yes, as an item, it feels like the stats are just all too low. Unlike many other choices, it doesn't feel like it fits a certain role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenix9000

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
yeah, and maybe a couple other buffs like maybe to the AD or the Armor Pen. Seriously your paying more than 1300gp for +5AD, +10 ArmPen, +15% Crit Chance and the passive. Black Cleaver is only a bit more expensive and gives much more AD as well as Armor Shred.
Indeed
Upgrading it is so cost-inefficient...
S2, all people would do with Brut is hold it until their build is complete before even upgrading it...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenix9000

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I think it's pretty good.
I appreciate the response, but can you at least say something about which champions you use it on, which situations it's good in, WHY you think it's good? Maybe it's intended use?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I think it's pretty good.
It might be a decent item, but at it's current cost and when compaired to Black Cleaver there is no question about which item the top lane AD is going to build their Brutalizer into


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenix9000

Senior Member

02-24-2013

:O
Riot response achieved


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenix9000

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I think it's pretty good.

To expand slightly - i only ever buy it on Fiora, but it's usually a first item directly behind vamp scepter and i credit that buy to solely winning me the game. I know SmashGizmo has a soft spot for it in his Xin Zhao builds (and the man plays an absurd number of solo Xin games). My feel is just that currently there aren't a lot of dudes who auto attack - and if they do auto attack (Like Xin, for instance) they're often jungling and being used for the utility they bring, so they focus on buys like Locket or Bulwark.

Since S3, i've seen Ghostblade used/used myself on no less than Fiora, Xin, Tryndamere, Garen, Renekton, Olaf, and Nocturne to great effect. It's probably just geared towards a playstyle that isn't mega popular, despite being pretty useful (i get a ton of free stats, so let me stack some cheap multiplier steroids and run you over with them).
A first item on fiora?
Couldn't you just hold Brut (and therefore hold where most of the gold efficiency comes from)
and begin building something else (Zeal for instance), I'm not mocking your build or anything, just curious as to why you would build it early when it's so gold-inefficent to upgrade from Brut to GB early on, and using that early gold to get that upgrade really hurts early on.
Glad to see that you provided a response and some situations.
But.... er... Garen and Renekton?
It seems to me that they would benefit more from AD caster items like BT and BC
Can you go into a bit more depth, Don;t get me wrong, I appreciate the response, but a bit more info would really be appreciated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xengre

Senior Member

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix9000 View Post
I appreciate the response, but can you at least say something about which champions you use it on, which situations it's good in, WHY you think it's good? Maybe it's intended use?
I gave a response.
Champions that would get a 2nd Phantom Dancer that are melee would get a dps boost from it instead of getting PD #2 during its active. Due to other items available it would not be good to get it in any other situation atm... considering its small spread out stats. The only thing it compares to is PD.


12345678 ... 13