An opinion on Darius change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
if Crippling Strike resets the attack timer like other enhanced auto attacks you can wait untill just after you land an auto attack and then use Crippling Strike on them. This alone will put 2 stacks of Hemorrhage on the opponent, this lowering the cd of Crippling strike by 2 seconds by this quick combo alone.
That seems nice. Like Nasus's Q. It resets his animation and makes it harder/easier to decide when to use it.
Lowering the CD may make the skill more spammeable and in the long run Darius would have better performance in duels.
Good idea

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
That seems nice. Like Nasus's Q. It resets his animation and makes it harder/easier to decide when to use it.
Lowering the CD may make the skill more spammeable and in the long run Darius would have better performance in duels.
Good idea
I would agree with you, but since Crippling Strike's cd is lowered for every stack of Hemorrhage on the opponent this ability can have a cd of 3 seconds if used on an opponent with max stacks. I think changing the cd on this ability might be a bit much, but there is another option. Now many abilities with slows have recently been changed so that this slow deminishes over time, if Darius' Crippling Strike is on that list I think increasing the slow might help.

Another option is to look at the underline reason for this change. Crippling Strike is used to catch fleeing opponents, well then we could also look into his mobility. He currently has a MS of 340, and Hemorrhage gives him +5% MS for every enemy champ that has a stack of Hemorrhage on them. We could up the bonus MS from Hemorrhage, but then his MS in a team fight would sky-rocket. Another option would be to increase his base MS. Maybe to 345. Riot doesnt seem to like buffing/nerffing MS of a champ more than +/- 5.

Frakenbourrough

02-23-2013

Quote:
Most Darius players I have seen mostly use deffensive items because he can just get most of his kills by executing the entire enemy team. Maybe this will make Darius players lean more towards getting some more offensive items. His ult does have bonus AD scaling.

It's because if he gets AD, he'll be instafocused just based on the fact that he's Darius. Defensive items just make it so he can stick to a fight until the enemy's really overcommited, and then ult.

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakenbourrough View Post
It's because if he gets AD, he'll be instafocused just based on the fact that he's Darius. Defensive items just make it so he can stick to a fight until the enemy's really overcommited, and then ult.
and you dont see any problem when a champion has no offensive items and has the most kills on the team. Am I correct?

Kawaiido

02-23-2013

Quote:
Most Darius players I have seen mostly use deffensive items because he can just get most of his kills by executing the entire enemy team. Maybe this will make Darius players lean more towards getting some more offensive items. His ult does have bonus AD scaling.
what would make them buy more offensive items would be to *****-slap all of Darius's BASE ratios of his skills and INCREASE the scaling to encourage buying damage to actually kill you.

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaiido View Post
what would make them buy more offensive items would be to *****-slap all of Darius's BASE ratios of his skills and INCREASE the scaling to encourage buying damage to actually kill you.
or not relying on your ult for most of your damage.

Call Me Tonight

02-23-2013

Actually some would hate Darius' W more than his ult.

Basically, it's a permanent Wither on you when he keep sticking on you and hits you with this all over again.

Kawaiido

02-23-2013

Quote:
or not relying on your ult for most of your damage.
The nerf is a nonsense one. He's STILL going to make laning Hell for a stupid opponent (ult's going to be up before they get back in lane and the cycle repeats), he's still going to be able to murder that critical target awful teams can't/refuse to protect and he's still going to be screamed at for nerfs because he'll stil only need Frozen Mallet and Black Cleaver to ruin your day.

The base ratios nerf plue increase to the scaling of his moves would be a better choice because now if he actually wants to kill me he has to risk getting blown up in three seconds instead of just killing me and walking away with a sliver of health.

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Tonight View Post
Actually some would hate Darius' W more than his ult.

Basically, it's a permanent Wither on you when he keep sticking on you and hits you with this all over again.
Crippling Strike's cd is lowered for every stack of Hemorrhage on the opponent, and since his damaging abilities put a stack of Hemorrhage on the opponent its cd will be lower each time you use it in a chace.

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaiido View Post
The nerf is a nonsense one. He's STILL going to make laning Hell for a stupid opponent (ult's going to be up before they get back in lane and the cycle repeats), he's still going to be able to murder that critical target awful teams can't/refuse to protect and he's still going to be screamed at for nerfs because he'll stil only need Frozen Mallet and Black Cleaver to ruin your day.

The base ratios nerf plue increase to the scaling of his moves would be a better choice because now if he actually wants to kill me he has to risk getting blown up in three seconds instead of just killing me and walking away with a sliver of health.
if your trying to say that you want Darius players to have to build more damaging items to net kills then I would agree. His scaling is extremely high (with bonus AD scaling above 100%), but Riot has theire eye on him and if he still seems extremely strong them I am sure they will do something about it.