Can we get a better european team to replace wolves? o_O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RanhiroK

02-23-2013

This guy again....

tempname950

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagovirus View Post
Actually, Wolves got there a bit by "accident" (even if they are better than 80% of the NA LCS teams btw), and on top of it :
- till this week they didn't had their main mid ap player because he was under the silly Riot age limit
- their ad carry got hurt in an agression and they had another sub they didn't practice too
- not sure they even have a gaming house in Cologne (where the LCS are played) yet, like a few other teams (like aAa) and they had a truckload of administrative/rl problems to take care off with the LCS (it's what happens when you are a relatively new team and knew like 1 week before you were qualified for LCS)

On top of that they are playing a few insanely good teams (SK/EG/GG/Fnatic) and the rest isn't bad either (unlike in "some" other regional competition with only 4 decent teams, 3 of those being sub par for over a year).
It doesn't really matter why they're this bad. If you watched the playoffs in Basketball, and they let this high school college team in, that got absolutely stomped game after game after game, repeatedly...

Would you even care to keep watching? What's the point? You know they're just going to suck again...

They'll lose revenue from all the lost viewers who just don't care about the wolves games lol.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
It doesn't really matter why they're this bad. If you watched the playoffs in Basketball, and they let this high school college team in, that got absolutely stomped game after game after game, repeatedly...

Would you even care to keep watching? What's the point? You know they're just going to suck again...

They'll lose revenue from all the lost viewers who just don't care about the wolves games lol.
Maybe, but the league doesn't goes around and kicks them out and brings another team :P. That's just silly.

Leagues work a different way (I'm not saying Wolves are good, but they will play relegation) and that's when we will see if those other European teams are up to the challenge.

tempname950

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
Maybe, but the league doesn't goes around and kicks them out and brings another team :P. That's just silly.

Leagues work a different way (I'm not saying Wolves are good, but they will play relegation) and that's when we will see if those other European teams are up to the challenge.
relegation?

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
relegation?
That's how the LCS works. At mid season, the bottom four teams on each region (I think bottom four, not sure) will play relegation games against the top four Challenger teams from the ranked ladders (I again am not 100% sure if its only from the ranked challenger ladders) and whoever wins these relegation games will play the second part of the LCS.

tempname950

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
That's how the LCS works. At mid season, the bottom four teams on each region (I think bottom four, not sure) will play relegation games against the top four Challenger teams from the ranked ladders (I again am not 100% sure if its only from the ranked challenger ladders) and whoever wins these relegation games will play the second part of the LCS.
Oh well thank god. I was scared we'd have to put up an entire season with wolves. That puts my mind at ease, thank you ^_^

Sagovirus

02-23-2013

Quote:
They barely qualified at the end of season 2, and they were a couple of lucky games/matchups. Vulcan never got absolutely ****in' HAMMERED game after game. They lost, but it wasn't like watching pro's dom a couple of fresh 30's.

If you don't believe me about how bad they are, watch their game against aAa, after this next Gambit v Giants game.

It's easy to not get "hammered" when you play against sub tier 5 world teams... it's a "bit" harder when you play against T1 world teams (EG/Fnatic/Gambit).

The "best" NA teams aren't even amongst the top 20 world, while there is 3 european teams in the top 10 (at least).

"small" difference between the 2 leagues.....

BoggLorD

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagovirus View Post
It's easy to not get "hammered" when you play against sub tier 5 world teams... it's a "bit" harder when you play against T1 world teams (EG/Fnatic/Gambit).

The "best" NA teams aren't even amongst the top 20 world, while there is 3 european teams in the top 10 (at least).

"small" difference between the 2 leagues.....
true dat

BoggLorD

02-23-2013

Quote:
relegation?
yes relegation... coming up in april

Lichtz

02-23-2013

Wolves > NA teams.