Karma...should i?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrollForALiving

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
Even when Eve was Eve tier players who were Eve fanatics still played and won with her.
wat

eve had a 35% winrate consistently and this is from a guy who's most played champ was Eve S2.

Old Eve and Karma are both hella fun to play and I wish neither were/are gonna be changed :'(

Best Youmu NA

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollForALiving View Post
Support Karma is probably the worst viable support in League.

AP Mid/Top Karma is amazing though. She compliments bruisers very well with her kit, and diving her is basically like trying to tower dive Poopy.

(Lol 2 spells and i have 700 more effective hp huehuehue)
This. She has pretty good ratios and you can just build her cdr w/ a tear and spam skills from the back on your Jax/Olaf. She's a utility champ, not a burst mage. Although her shield does have high burst and you should probably be using mantra on that anyways, otherwise no damage unless you can get someone to run in between the leash.

xRAWKAx

02-23-2013

If you play her well she is also a pretty good counter-pick to many top-lane match ups. Take flash-ignite, use her q to wear down the enemy. Once they hit below 1/2 health wait til you have 2 mantra charges and go in for the kill w/ mantra'd e, q, mantra'd e, ignite. When they come back to lane, keep the pressure on so they can't catch up. Also shielding minions can deny last hits. Build her as a tanky mage (similar to the way one would build morgana). Her early and mid-game burst is amazing and unexpected, but since her role changes to more support-y and sustained damage late game it's wise to only use her on a team that has other significant sources of burst magic damage.

One important note: Karma's support presence is very strong, but it comes off in a way that tends to inspire overconfidence in extended skirmishes. If you start to get nervous, that's a sign it's time to disengage. Your teammates will feel invincible and they will stay in a skirmish as long as you are present, but they don't know how to gauge your resource management, so it's up to you to let your team know it's time to leave. I can't tell you how many times myself and 2 others have got 2-3 kills over the course of a few minutes of skirmishing, only to give up an eventual triple kill.

Whyumai

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollForALiving View Post
wat

eve had a 35% winrate consistently and this is from a guy who's most played champ was Eve S2.

Old Eve and Karma are both hella fun to play and I wish neither were/are gonna be changed :'(
let's see July 19, 2012 was when Old eve was reworked. Lol King was founded around Jan 2012, wasn't public till .... not sure. Went Zam in May 2012 though so it was before then. Seems unlikely that you would have had an accurate sense of Eve's winrate (in order to be consistent) from maybe a couple of months?

I call BS.

meanwhile Karma's at around 35% (about 375 last time i checked) or so.

BaltyTheBeast

02-23-2013

woah, I have never even seen someone utter the word Karma, let alone buy her XD

TrollForALiving

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
let's see July 19, 2012 was when Old eve was reworked. Lol King was founded around Jan 2012, wasn't public till .... not sure. Went Zam in May 2012 though so it was before then. Seems unlikely that you would have had an accurate sense of Eve's winrate (in order to be consistent) from maybe a couple of months?

I call BS.

meanwhile Karma's at around 35% (about 375 last time i checked) or so.
Other sites than Lolking do exist Sir!

PichuBr2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmajikk View Post
Ok I pose this question to GD in the hopes I will get some kind of decent answer..
what can i say I'm a dreamer.

ANYWAY, I've always liked karma and I want to buy her but she's currently basically the absolute worst champion in the league. No one seems to have a good opinion of her including riot..
To note I like champions that are hard to use and try to stick with people who aren't used a whole lot so karma seems like a good choice.
But is she worth it at all?
Plus her looming rework makes me nervous to get her and get used to her only to have the rug pulled out under me and have to learn her over again.

so what do u think?

why are you copying me ?

PiggySaysWhat

02-23-2013

I like support Karma, whatever folk say. Sure, she's no Lulu but neither is anyone who isn't Lulu so come on. The biggest struggle you'll find is she's more a mid to late game support. It takes awhile to get all her skills up to a decent level and it's only then she really shines. Having an AOE % heal, a slow/speed buff, and a damaging shield makes her a great utility support. I find her to be the new Janna since they decided that Janna should be useless for awhile. She's a little harder to control than Lulu and doesn't have quite the same clutch skills.

Still, I'd say pick her up if you want some variety in your support line up. She's fine mid in the same way that Orianna is nice having someone with utility and support to their damage that, like Ori, suffers a little because of it. Your team probably won't pick up on your impact quite as easily as other supports but if you keep up with her I don't think you'll regret the decision.

Best Youmu NA

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggySaysWhat View Post
I like support Karma, whatever folk say. Sure, she's no Lulu but neither is anyone who isn't Lulu so come on. The biggest struggle you'll find is she's more a mid to late game support. It takes awhile to get all her skills up to a decent level and it's only then she really shines. Having an AOE % heal, a slow/speed buff, and a damaging shield makes her a great utility support. I find her to be the new Janna since they decided that Janna should be useless for awhile. She's a little harder to control than Lulu and doesn't have quite the same clutch skills.

Still, I'd say pick her up if you want some variety in your support line up. She's fine mid in the same way that Orianna is nice having someone with utility and support to their damage that, like Ori, suffers a little because of it. Your team probably won't pick up on your impact quite as easily as other supports but if you keep up with her I don't think you'll regret the decision.
Janna's useless with her 2 cc skills that can't be reduced by merc treads and shield that also gives AD. Right. Karma's heal is only really great if you have AP, same with her shield. She also relies on CDR in lane, try getting early as support Karma. You will be absolutely useless compared to other supports that fill the same job. Heals? Soraka does it better, to an extent Sona (actually Sona does EVERYTHING better than Karma as a support). Damage? Sona does it better in lane, which is where it matters as a 0cs support. Want shields? Soraka's heal gives a nice bunch of armor and Janna has a much better shield as a support. I'm not even going to get started on Lulu.

It's better to play her as a utility mid or counter bruiser top.

TrollForALiving

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggySaysWhat View Post

If she's a mid to late game support and needs levels..why not just put her mid..? ಠ_ಠ

Her AP ratios are too good to play her support. It's like playing support Orianna because "lol she has utility xDDD". Utility doesn't scale with items but damage/shield values/heals do.

Also Janna and Karma are not really alike..Janna's slow is potent, her Ultimate is amazing vs AoE cheese comps, her shield is good in lane. Can't say much for tornado, it's overnerfed IMO.