@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddish33

02-21-2013

Bump

themoneymonkey

02-21-2013

I think people arent playing her because playing her mediocre isnt going to beat the other supports. You actually have to want to learn her to get to where you can beat just about any support. The other supports arent hard to master, so people rather choose them over Janna. If I want to go easy mode I will choose taric or lulu or whoever else. If I want to win, I go janna because I know she has the most influence out of all the supports in winning a game.

Im not sure why pro supports dont pick Janna. Maybe they do think she needs to be buffed or she doesnt go with their strategies. Either way I side with the live team in thinking she is balanced. If she does get buffed, great I'm all for it. I just wont be surprised if she doesnt.

Good luck in getting a red to respond. I would like to hear an up to date, more in depth response of what they think of her.

March of Dimes

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneymonkey View Post
I think people arent playing her because playing her mediocre isnt going to beat the other supports. You actually have to want to learn her to get to where you can beat just about any support. The other supports arent hard to master, so people rather choose them over Janna. If I want to go easy mode I will choose taric or lulu or whoever else. If I want to win, I go janna because I know she has the most influence out of all the supports in winning a game.

Im not sure why pro supports dont pick Janna. Maybe they do think she needs to be buffed or she doesnt go with their strategies. Either way I side with the live team in thinking she is balanced. If she does get buffed, great I'm all for it. I just wont be surprised if she doesnt.

Good luck in getting a red to respond. I would like to hear an up to date, more in depth response of what they think of her.
I think Janna doesn't get played because Lulu does that job better. Honestly, as much as GD trashes on Nami, Nami feels better to me than Janna does. That said, the latter 2 don't see play & Lulu sees increasingly less play because the tanky supports are better options at the moment. They're more forgiving to play, pair well with the ADCs who are forgiving to play (the trinity), and provide a larger reward when laned correctly (kills+farm instead of only farm).

Pros are playing with money on the line. Because of this, you'd better believe they'll use every scrap of advantage provided to them. Near-universally avoiding Janna is a pretty good indicator teams don't see any potential in her. I'd love to hear Reds reconcile that fact with any claim that Janna is balanced (unless they think everyone who beats her is OP).

To the point: How do we know Janna was nerfed the correct number of times? When Riot nerfed her, did they do it 1 nerf at a time? No. Did they wait a long period between nerfs to see what the effect of each wave was? No. Can we be certain that un-nerfing even one of Janna's skills would make her OP? No. This isn't something involved like Karma's remake (soon). Riot could simply revert one significant nerf (not mana costs) & see how it goes.

DreamwalkerLin

02-21-2013

Heh... who'd want to pick traditional supports anymore except for taric? I think even Soraka is useless, her ulti is negligible and Taric heals more than her w.

ForsakenAbyss

02-21-2013

I'm sorry, but i started support as janna as well. and i agree, her power isn't as great anymore, but the utility is still there and everything. She would be slightly more useful if she has more power. But i ain't complaining., if i no get lag, i get good janna :P

Vixsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

bump

BourbonEclair

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenAbyss View Post
I'm sorry, but i started support as janna as well. and i agree, her power isn't as great anymore, but the utility is still there and everything. She would be slightly more useful if she has more power. But i ain't complaining., if i no get lag, i get good janna :P
you can do better on nearly any support, or get stomped by an aggressive bot laner :/
janna really can't do much pre-6, even her shield doesn't help that much in trades other than functioning as a meat shield from one spell because your ad buff pops

OvernightSiren

02-22-2013

bump

ministermind

02-22-2013

bump

DreadyTheYeti

02-22-2013

Sadly I agree. Janna was my first truly favorite champion, and she always will be in my heart. But when it comes down to wins and losses, especially in ranked - Janna really doesn't bring much to the table. She's a glorified escape artist. Best you can hope for is that she will prevent a few deaths on your team. Very sad.