Quinn can cause a shift in the meta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samflash3

02-15-2013

@Ironstylus - You got me to get back at the game with the lore behind Quinn. I thought Riot had become more gameplay oriented and less focused on other background elements. Oh by the way- i've asked this question a lot -what is your relationship with Bilgewater Swain?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-15-2013
7 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Support + Fighter? Hmm...

Have you ever watched Leona and Diana chase someone together through the jungles? It's like sunset poetry.
Have I ever! I mean..

Oh.. yes. They synergize quite well, indeed.

...almost as if that was intended.

Hmm.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongwayz View Post
I am all for breaking meta, but this is not breaking meta, this is RIot trying to shove different champion type top since they cant fix current top lane who is BEYOND broken, just take a look at top lane and some of champions it has :

Elise,jax,irelia, vladimir,rumble,renekton,shen,malphite,jayce,singe d,...

all of them get free stats,free % damage,free tankiness, all of them can build tanky and deal a lot of damage,and even if they lack damage they will have utility, armor shreds,stuns,slows...
Top lane is problem for too long time,and it was never solved, new champions very designed to fight in broken and toxic top lane,fixing it would require major overhaul of most top champions, or at least shifting some free power some where else...

Its complicated issue, it wont be solved by a designing adc to go top.
Quinn gets free damage and AS. Plus, she is still in beta and may get some buffs/nerfs.

Graves gets free AS on a relatively low CD. And free tanky stats from his passive, which is basically like a full set of MR blues and Armor yellows.

Draven gets free MS and free AS on almost 0 CD, and insane poke.

Vayne gets damage steroid, reposition tool, MS steroid, knock back/stun and % damage.

Quinn has a blind, gap closer, bonus damage, free AS, an execute, free vision every minute, etc.

You don't build cookie cutter. You adapt. It is your final builds that look similar. As such, this is a very possible potential change.

DatsaBootyHole

02-15-2013

Are we forgetting that Vayne is an amazing Top Laner? Considering, especially, the current RUSH WARMOGS AND BLACK CLEVER = GG

Quinn won't do much of anything in the current meta once her opponent builds a Warmogs.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-15-2013
8 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samflash3 View Post
Oh by the way- i've asked this question a lot -what is your relationship with Bilgewater Swain?
None at all. It was the first of a few squares I ripped from splash art that I suggested to Player Support to give me as an avatar. It was the parrot first, then an Anivia skin I think, Blitzcrank, Galio, and another.. can't remember.

PS wrote me back literally saying "BOOM. You're now Swain's parrot. Enjoy!"

Who knew what that unwitting gent in player support unleashed that day...

Talamare

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
to solo top ADC

Look at her kit and tell me that it is not suitable for 1v1 duels against solo tops.

If her ability to solo top is good, people will end up doing it with other carries (it has been done by vayne in ages past).

And if that happens... NEW META.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS
Teemo, Jayce, Draven, Vayne have been doing this for a while now

Ellphi

02-15-2013

Vayne is already good top

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
None at all. It was the first of a few squares I ripped from splash art that I suggested to Player Support to give me as an avatar. It was the parrot first, then an Anivia skin I think, Blitzcrank, Galio, and another.. can't remember.

PS wrote me back literally saying "BOOM. You're now Swain's parrot. Enjoy!"

Who knew what that unwitting gent in player support unleashed that day...
We all thank him for his service.

Raphael JR

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Quinn gets free damage and AS. Plus, she is still in beta and may get some buffs/nerfs.

Graves gets free AS on a relatively low CD. And free tanky stats from his passive, which is basically like a full set of MR blues and Armor yellows.

Draven gets free MS and free AS on almost 0 CD, and insane poke.

Vayne gets damage steroid, reposition tool, MS steroid, knock back/stun and % damage.

Quinn has a blind, gap closer, bonus damage, free AS, an execute, free vision every minute, etc.

You don't build cookie cutter. You adapt. It is your final builds that look similar. As such, this is a very possible potential change.
I upvoted your post since i like your way of thinking but i must add:
If adc builds tanky they will not do damage, bruiser will, and will bring more utility, i would love top to have more options,.

How ever designing or trying to take adc top with out fixing top laners is really not possible, it will only make top lane even more toxic and snowbally, if you take ad top,and by any accident die to irelia or riven, you should not even bother going top anymore.

Samflash3

02-15-2013

Umm if Mr. Morello is here, i was wondering if you considered giving Yommu's ghostblade unit collision and reduced slows on its active. Yommu's ghostblade is one of those all in one items like Wriggles Lantern that melee carries need but it takes off space and doesn't help them solve their weakness of getting kited/closing the gap.
If you want to look more into this there are threads made
Here is mine explaining my thought process - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3083551

An awesome thread also about the ghostblade: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3023824