Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OzAvatar

02-15-2013

Over 1 million views! Much interest she has! Many skins you should make! Even a sexy one .. or two. Seriously why not cater for everybody? <3

Tenebrae Corvus

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Cross-post from another thread...

Some quick context: (...)
Standing ovation for you sir.

XThe EcanemX

02-15-2013

Valor is lining up pretty well with what I hoped she'd be like. A few of her abilities came as a pretty big surprise though glad the design staff made her the way they did. Pawnce has a few pbe videos up on her abilities and what not if anyone's interested on viewing them they're on youtube.

Medroid

02-15-2013

I love her abilities!
Why is she equipped with a Quiver though?

MTaur

02-15-2013

I like how she looks in PBE better than in the concept art. The palette is a bit darker and ranger-y in tone, but twisted to the blue side of the spectrum. The concept art led me to expect Tide Color Guard brightness. The sort of darkened palette differentiated the overall feel from Iron Solari Leona to some extent, too. She also looks a lot bluer overall than in the concept art.

I find her ult a little goofy, but ultimately, she has a kit that should be fun to play. It's a bit kitey with soft CC and soft escapes and moderate utility and a passive that at first glance appears sort of unreliable and finicky, though not totally out of control. Her kit is sort of middle-of-the-road for ADCs in various categories, and her ult gives her a sort of a long-cooldown type of Nidalee's cougar form that's good for chasing but not escapes. There's perhaps more in common with Ashe than other ADCs overall - a reveal, a slow, and an AoE skillshot. Quinn seems to be best at kiting a single auto-attacker type of champion.

Anyway, yay. gj, would play.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-17-2013
62 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzAvatar View Post
Over 1 million views! Much interest she has! Many skins you should make! Even a sexy one .. or two. Seriously why not cater for everybody? <3
Not gunna lie. Runaan, Volty and I did some celebratory dancing when we saw that it went past 1 million!

We are honestly astounded at how much interest this thread gathered and how popular it became. I hope that this gives us options for more vehicles such as the journal to tell story and generate interest in champions.

Thanks to everyone who's taken a look, engaged in the story, or been part of the conversation! I hope to continue the conversation through release. We'll be talking about the Q&V development process some more. There's a lot of story to tell =)

Uther PD

02-17-2013

Quote:
Not gunna lie. Runaan, Volty and I did some celebratory dancing when we saw that it went past 1 million!

We are honestly astounded at how much interest this thread gathered and how popular it became. I hope that this gives us options for more vehicles such as the journal to tell story and generate interest in champions.

Thanks to everyone who's taken a look, engaged in the story, or been part of the conversation! I hope to continue the conversation through release. We'll be talking about the Q&V development process some more. There's a lot of story to tell =)
This is exactly the reason I applied to Riot. I LOVE your world. I love the story that can grow out of it. I love the champions, and how they can only keep getting better. I love designing champs (and D&D characters), backstories, world building, and just creating personalities (for people, cities, animals, or anything really) out of thin air. Sadly I didn't get the job, but I'm still really happy to see lore coming back out.

All I wanted to do was write for you guys, but I'm happy that at least somebody is getting to. The journal of justice ending was probably the saddest thing in league history for me.

Libra Man

02-17-2013

Quote:

Video or it turned gay

Tobasco da Gama

02-17-2013

Looks like somebody on Twitter posted a special interaction that happens when Quinn & Valor defeat Anivia: https://twitter.com/jebbing9/status/...554240/photo/1

LionQ

02-18-2013

When is this new champ getting released?