Kayle, the Judicator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bubbs

08-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadowed View Post
Boots of Swiftness, Kage x 2, Mejaj, Lichbane, Zonyas

Max her slow,shield and ult.
Seems like if you wanted to go dps there are better options than Kayle?

Doctor Awesome

08-04-2009

I guess he sees that you can DPS pretty decently as Kayle, while not having to be as squishy as other DPS's. Even if you're doing less damage than a "dedicated" DPS, with the W and E skills, there's not an awful lot they can do to stop you.

Also, I will once again personally vouch for Cooldown reduction on Judicator; spamming Reckoning is devastating, her ultimate recharges faster than most naturally, and every second down on the Bubble could get you out of trouble where nothing else could. I find I often can escape even 5 on 1 ganks with little difficulty, or at least leading the enemy team on a wild goose chase through the jungles.

This is thanks in part to the very long duration of Intervention; early game, it's good for healing on lanes, but after about level 6, it's honestly better for the sizable %speed bonus, rather than the regen. On no account can the value of this skill be forgotten!

I'll tell you one thing you probably don't need gear for: attack speed. Her passive makes it scale with level; take some scaling runes, too, and you'll see the "golden flying chainsaw" without needing gear for it.

On the subject of cooldowns, what is the cap on cooldown? I hear it referenced a lot, but I'd like to know how much it is...

By the way, is Sunfire Cape really worth it? I see it's a great health and armor bonus, but the AoE DoT doesn't seem to be all that great... I guess you could push a lane a little faster, but...

Foreshadowed

08-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs View Post
Seems like if you wanted to go dps there are better options than Kayle?
lol....

To Doctor, the cooldown cap is 40%, Sunfire isn't good on Kayle because the aura is very small

Bubbs

08-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadowed View Post
lol....
Thanks for the insight.

Honestly, I think you should go for at least one tank item on Kayle. I think Attack Speed will always be strong on her because of the free damage from her ult. I really wish her heal scaled with AP.

Doctor Awesome

08-05-2009

Quote:
Thanks for the insight.

Honestly, I think you should go for at least one tank item on Kayle. I think Attack Speed will always be strong on her because of the free damage from her ult. I really wish her heal scaled with AP.
Agreed--if it did, I think I'd be almost completely in the AP camp.

You know, Fiendish Codex is a great way to get the best of both worlds... good AP bonus AND large cooldown reduction...

Actually, that would work perfectly! My usual rune/mastery build gets me 20% cooldown reduction (10% from 8 Glyphs and 1 Quint, 10% from the offense and utility masteries), and the 20%(?) from FC would hit the cap. Bubble would last 4 seconds and be on a 12 second recast--you're invulnerable 33% of the time! BWA HA HA!

Anybody know what the AP ratio on Reckoning is? I wanna know just how much it helps... I might be trying this tonight.

Lastly, if not Sunfire Cape, what's the best tanking item? I think Force of Nature is a contender, due to the massive regen and speed bonus, but I don't think it adds health. Warmog's is obviously crazy powerful, but is also crazy expensive. Anything else add worthwhile HP bonus?

Bubbs

08-05-2009

Ap scaling on her ult is 2/3 I believe. Making ap very powerful on her and if you go with a lichbane could make her a melee powerhouse in an odd way. There just aren't that many HP items that are great, I tried frozen mallet and it was ok, made her a good chaser but it's terribly expensive for very little return in damage. Warmog's is probably the best but again if you go that route you aren't going to do a ton of damage and the other team doesn't have much incentive to attack you.

Still petitioning for AP to scale her heal!

Doctor Awesome

08-05-2009

Quote:
Ap scaling on her ult is 2/3 I believe. Making ap very powerful on her and if you go with a lichbane could make her a melee powerhouse in an odd way. There just aren't that many HP items that are great, I tried frozen mallet and it was ok, made her a good chaser but it's terribly expensive for very little return in damage. Warmog's is probably the best but again if you go that route you aren't going to do a ton of damage and the other team doesn't have much incentive to attack you.

Still petitioning for AP to scale her heal!
Well, Warmog's can become damage, sort of... Atma's Impaler grants a sizeable crit bonus and adds 2% of your max HP to your damage... this usually translates to 50~ish damage, and Warmog's translates to another 18, which is not bad considering the increased survivability. Like I always(?) say, why stack one when you can stack two?

Also, I had no idea AP affected her ult so much O_o but I was actually asking about her Q-skill. Do I have the name wrong?

Bubbs

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
Well, Warmog's can become damage, sort of... Atma's Impaler grants a sizeable crit bonus and adds 2% of your max HP to your damage... this usually translates to 50~ish damage, and Warmog's translates to another 18, which is not bad considering the increased survivability. Like I always(?) say, why stack one when you can stack two?

Also, I had no idea AP affected her ult so much O_o but I was actually asking about her Q-skill. Do I have the name wrong?
Pretty sure AP is 1 to 1 with her Q skill but I'm not at home to check.

Doctor Awesome

08-05-2009

Quote:
Pretty sure AP is 1 to 1 with her Q skill but I'm not at home to check.
HOLY **** that's sick. Now I get it... guess I'm sold on AP/cooldown, then.

What items buff AP and HP, if any? We're on to something here...

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

Judicator's Q spell (her nuke) is 1 : 1 AP scaling. Her ultimate is 1 : .35 though, it just got nerfed in the last patch.

@ Doc Awesome

Rod of Ages is a fairly common AP/HP/Mana item.