Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dybia

Junior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarif Fice View Post
I wonder how long and how hard we will have to fight to get a girly male... And i mean a real girly male not an average young man (ezreal). I'd love to see a really androgynous male champion!

like http://fairy.in-pics.com/thumbs/spar...male-fairy.jpg.
What? Want a champ that looks like he's doing ballet like Bon Clay from One Piece or something? No sarcasm in that by the way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jujubee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Technical note. Those characters would read nearly identical in our game with the exception of the cape and internal detail.

For an RTS such as LoL those would equate to two skins for the same character.

One thing to consider is how much we have to bust up silhouettes, internal details, and bodies in general to make things look remotely unique in game. There will be overlaps, quite often, but we treat those overlaps with context such as animation, VFX, VO, etc.

I tried a more standard form with Quinn. She started out with a jumpsuit. She ended up looking like Vayne and yet another woman with skin-tight clothing. That wasn't impactful, it was boring, and it was standard.

That silhouette you're giving an example of is the essentially the same sillouette if we were to build those and put them at a top-down 3 quarters view.
Vayne is boring because she has skin tight clothing? gotta love your point of view mister. A woman does not need to be fully clothed in armor just so she can be perceived as a strong individual. I hate how all your posts sound like you are putting all the "seductive" champs and everyone who likes them as horny dimwits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dybia

Junior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
Vayne is boring because she has skin tight clothing? gotta love your point of view mister. A woman does not need to be fully clothed in armor just so she can be perceived as a strong individual. I hate how all your posts sound like you are putting all the "seductive" champs and everyone who likes them as horny dimwits.
More like she's boring because she's just female Batman whose parents were killed by dark magic wielders instead of a mugger with a gun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastBox

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
Vayne is boring because she has skin tight clothing?
Actually, Vayne just looks boring, period. She's probably one of the blandest designs in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jujubee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
More like she's boring because she's just female Batman whose parents were killed by dark magic wielders instead of a mugger with a gun.
Then that's what these "feminist" Rioters should say, because it's true! I personally don't find Vayne bland, and surely not becuase of her skin tight clothing, LOL. I am so over this ARMORED WOMEN ARE STRONG mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
We do things that seems crazy to see how they'll turn out. It's chaotic, it's creative, and it's bound to upset somebody. But it's who we are.

I hope you're along for the ride, but be prepared to feel a bump every now and then.
A fully clothed, ranger woman who looks like a guy. GROUNDBREAKING!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stampede EU

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
See, this. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. You're so offended by the idea of femininity and just the very concept of being female you're completely incapable of not separating the concepts in your head. It's like there's no part of you whatsoever that can reconcile with the idea of a feminine woman still managing to be strong, badass, etc.

I can't wrap my head around this because every non-female related post you make comes off as extremely thoughtful, intelligent, and so on, and yet you somehow have this idea that comes out in every single champion you make
Well good ****ing thing you aren't designing then. We'd have more Sejuani's running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
Actually, Vayne just looks boring, period. She's probably one of the blandest designs in the game.
Too bad the sales and number of times played data would disagree with you. So better sit in your minority corner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarif Fice View Post
I wonder how long and how hard we will have to fight to get a girly male... And i mean a real girly male not an average young man (ezreal). I'd love to see a really androgynous male champion!

like http://fairy.in-pics.com/thumbs/spar...male-fairy.jpg.
stop pushing your gay agenda


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jujubee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede EU View Post
Well good ****ing thing you aren't designing then. We'd have more Sejuani's running around.
Sejuani is actually a fun champ. People hate on her so much because her clothing isn't practical? What about Tryndamere then? he lives in the same place, and he's shirtless! Why is no one complaining how unpractical his attire is? BECAUSE HE'S A GUY!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StationaryObject

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
Then that's what these "feminist" Rioters should say, because it's true! I personally don't find Vayne bland, and surely not becuase of her skin tight clothing, LOL. I am so over this ARMORED WOMEN ARE STRONG mindset.



A fully clothed, ranger woman who looks like a guy. GROUNDBREAKING!
For a company who has a history of women in unpractical clothing?
Yeah, it's groundbreaking.
It's freaking huge.

I don't think of Quinn as 'armored' because she's not. Not really. There are pieces to her outfit that are composed of a metal substance. The boots, possibly the knee guards, the outer thigh armor, the armor around the hips and waist, the shoulders and the wrist guard/perch.
This is hardly 'armored' in my opinion. It's more, practical pieces of armor strategically placed on a female so she is protected if she engages in close range combat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adrinaline

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-13-2013

Just wanna take a moment to say,

I am female,

and I ABSOLUTELY ADORE QUINN'S DESIGN! Leona, Diana, Irelia... it blows my mind how Riot actually does female armor RIGHT.

I am SO. -PLEASED-. With this design, you have no idea.

I'm currently earning my bachelor's in Digital Art and Animation, and one of my biggest goals is to decrease the hyper-sexuality of women in video games (decrease, not purge), so seeing a design like this is ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!

Take my money.