Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanikkers

02-13-2013

Loving the new champ. Absolutely loving it. I don't see why people are saying she looks like a man/another champ/not like a ranger. Absolutely brilliant, will instabuy.
In other news, Riot, PLEASE stop making your female champs wear heels...There's no practicality and it looks ****ing stupid.

Colonel J

02-13-2013

So IS designed her...

No wonder you're dissapointed.

dustwind

Recruiter

02-13-2013

Would not mind a future male champion looking a bit like this, am over impossibly ripped Kassadin and the typical strong male tropes.

Change the breasts, waist and face a bit, and could easily pass for a regular decent-looking guy. I like.

DatsaBootyHole

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
... ?

Not everyone considers their gender their defining characteristic. It's especially annoying in fiction because almost nothing passes the Bechdel test nowadays. Which is kind of a shame.

IronStylus isn't the one being a tad ignorant here.
Ignorant may have been the wrong word. Disingenuous might be better.

It is strange that IronStylus thinks he's accomplishing something major here by having a female character be aesthetically non-binary. He himself said that Quinn was originally male but he made her female. What was the genesis for the change in the first place? Was it truly about 'challenging convention'

Don't misunderstand, I am always happy to see androgyny appreciated artistically and aesthetically but when I read how happy he was that testers were mistaking her for a man...

I can't help but wonder: Why?

LeagueofVocaloid

02-13-2013

mmm.... small boobs short hair my woman i buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theplague1369

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanikkers View Post
Wow, I realize this is ridiculously far back, but...are you ****ing kidding me?
You realize there's a big difference between wearing a t-shirt in 40-degree weather in the Northern US, and wearing literally a bra and panties in permanent sub-freezing temperatures in a frozen, icy homeland?
Jesus ****ing christ, I hope you don't ever get snow where you live, you might end up walking outside in your undies.
thanks a lot jerk, I spit grape pop all over my laptop when I read the last line XD.

Kanikkers

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsaBootyHole View Post

It is strange that IronStylus thinks he's accomplishing something major here by having a female character be aesthetically non-binary. He himself said that Quinn was originally male but he made her female. What was the genesis for the change in the first place?

Don't misunderstand, I am always happy to see androgyny appreciated artistically and aesthetically but when I read how happy he was that testers were mistaking her for a man...

Could be possible that he realized, like everyone else, that the lack of non-overly-sexualized champions in League was somewhat offensive and limiting.

As for the "why he was happy about the confusion" question, I really wouldn't look that deeply into it...or be offended by it. Everything about this seems genuine. I'd rather not spit in the face of a person who's legitimately attempting to answer for the demands of the community, particularly on such a hot issue as this.

john

02-13-2013

the OP used to have a ton of upvotes. ironstylus' post used to have lots of downvotes. at least now i know what time the idiots/feminists log onto the forums (when californians get off of work)

DanyaHerald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Pretty much this. Quinn is very masculine, and it really shows that she was re-designed from a male character. I'm pretty disappointed with the apparent laziness. I think Parrot could of done a better job.

As unfortunate as it is, currently she would likely be better simply as a he.
Because.... men wouldn't get sweat in their eyes?

Your logic is just stupid.

Addind a boob window wouldn't improve the design in any way.

Soldiers need armor, and flexible armor. Check.

A ranger needs a ranged weapon and scouting ability. Check and check.

She's not sexy, but instead awesome. Fine by me.

chumbler

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsaBootyHole View Post

It is strange that IronStylus thinks he's accomplishing something major here by having a female character be aesthetically non-binary. He himself said that Quinn was originally male but he made her female. What was the genesis for the change in the first place? Was it truly about 'challenging convention'

Because it's an actual change from all the humanoid female characters currently in the game.