Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mudflap

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
All the existing feminine looking champions (which is all of the non-Anivia female champions) aren't enough for you?
No, they aren't. There needs to be variety, we've had 3 of these masculine "strong independent woman totally covered head-to-toe in armor" character types in a row, why not mix it up again? For every 'seductive' character we had a 'non-seductive' one already, Lux, Anivia, Annie, Riven, and Leona I can name right off the top of my head, not including the new ones (Diana, Vi, and now Quinn)

If its about variety and not PC then let's have both again please.

N49

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'll tell you what a League of Legends falcon ranger looks like.

It looks like Quinn.
Great. Now make her look like she's more than a "generic footsoldier #89".

Rausdower

02-13-2013

So I don't have a problem with the design. It's really cool.

But nothing about it really 'pops' with me. I look at her and think "Ashe Skin" until I see Valor on her arm. Was the bird part of the champion from the start? And did including him have an impact in the design of the uniqueness of Quinn herself? To go one further, would anything change if Valor was excluded?

Snakerot

02-13-2013

Quote:
Yep. She's a ranger first. Not a woman first.

Place woman in traditional male creative space and there you go.
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Every female champ with the exception of Kayle seemed to be designed to smack you in the face with their femininininity first and foremost. Look at me I'm a hot woman, oh and also a plant.
I give thumbs up birdman. All other preferences aside, Quinn at least has this going for her.

Chibodee Crocket

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
All the existing feminine looking champions (which is all of the non-Anivia female champions) aren't enough for you? It's not all about being PC. It's about making interesting characters and expanding designs away from what's already commonplace (busty, half naked supermodels in fantasy games).

And on top of that, I have a hard time seeing how someone could consider Quinn unattractive.
Problem with Quinn is like Leona and Diana once again you just used his wife for a model. It gets old fast. Quinn's original concept art was a beast manly looking man,

Quote:

It looks like Quinn.
So a segmented plate wearing scout with a heavy helm that would cause sweat to seep into her eyes. Pretty practical.

Sexual Innuendo

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insectomancer View Post
EDIT: Okay...60 downvotes for me thinking a design was "meh" at worst, and then the whole thread is people complaining about the design, and they get upvotes? I'll never understand GD.
I downvoted you because of these reasons:

1) you're kind of whiny
2) you're really concerned with downvotes. This isn't a popularity contest, chap.
3) You keep saying this isn't a negative or hate thread, but really it's a complaint and you're just bummed to get some opposition.

If you don't like a champion's design, that's fine. But whining about it on the forums? What's the point? You just wanted to get upvoted and have thousands of people agree with you. I'm not sure what internet you're from, but that's not how this internet works.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Yep. She's a ranger first. Not a woman first.

Place woman in traditional male creative space and there you go.
See, this. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. You're so offended by the idea of femininity and just the very concept of being female you're completely incapable of not separating the concepts in your head. It's like there's no part of you whatsoever that can reconcile with the idea of a feminine woman still managing to be strong, badass, etc.

I can't wrap my head around this because every non-female related post you make comes off as extremely thoughtful, intelligent, and so on, and yet you somehow have this idea that comes out in every single champion you make

Mudflap

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
Problem with Quinn is like Leona and Diana once again just used his wife for a model. It gets old fast. Quinn's original concept art was a beast manly looking man,

So a segmented plate wearing scout with a heavy helm that would cause sweat to seep into her eyes. Pretty practical.
Pretty much this. Quinn is very masculine, and it really shows that she was re-designed from a male character. I'm pretty disappointed with the apparent laziness. I think Parrot could of done a better job.

As unfortunate as it is, currently she would likely be better simply as a he.

Gage

02-13-2013

Quote:
Some quick context:

I made Blue Falcon from the Hanna Barbera cartoons, then turned him into a girl.
lol

Tila Tequila

02-13-2013

Quote:

It looks like Quinn.
Man, I love you. I just wanted to say that because I admire your work. I really think that you're the only one - visibly at least - that actually cares about matching things like the champion's background with a proper clothing, body type, attitude and personality.