Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
An interesting note: In early concept and lab tests on the champion, a decent number of people thought she was male!
1) I want to be champion lab tested!

2) Super excited about the design direction with this one.

Extra Lunatic

02-13-2013

I do remember hearing RIOT saying that they were trying to get different weapons for each champions, but this is the 3rd crossbow. Other than that I think she's fine.

Wheeliam

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garruks Champion View Post
and varus looks like a gay night elf wandered over from the WOW universe, get over it
A) varus is awesome

B) night elves were also awesome and any gayness exhibited by them was out gayed by blood elves

C) get over it

XElement

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insectomancer View Post
I thought she would be a bit more unique. Just looks a bit like Swain and Vayne, with some Amethyst Ashe thrown in. Im sure i'll grow to like it and get used to it but it isnt terribly impressive as of yet.

EDIT:

I'm not sure what's up with all of the displaced rage here, to be clear THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD. And yeah, she does actually look a bit like those champs. Her armor has the same feather accents that resemble swain and Justicar Syndra, you can't deny that. They're by no means the same champions, but certain design choices have obviously carried over.

EDIT: Maybe some explanation for the downvotes? I don't think im being unreasonable..

EDIT: Holy ****, i leave to get some McDonalds (which is gross btw) and i come back and IronStylus wrote a novel in my thread ;u;

and after reading some of his thoughts, i realize more and more that the design is a really good one, i just think that maybe it should have been a release skin. I'm looking forward to seeing her run cycle and silhouette.
Nah after he came you decided people are downvoting you to hell and the big man himself came to tell you it looks good.

I mean you want us to explain why we downvoted you?
Your reasoning for not liking it was not explained besides "looks like a mix of this and that". Which honestly...it doesn't really look thatmuch of swain fused with vayne.

Bigglebee

02-13-2013

Why did you change the *** from male to female?

SlumlordThanatos

02-13-2013

Quote:
An interesting note: In early concept and lab tests on the champion, a decent number of people thought she was male!
Heh. That's what I've been saying. Both of my roommates said the exact same thing.

I've always thought that simply saying a champion is female isn't enough. I still refer to Blitzcrank as a "he", even though it's not true (A Rioter, I think it was Zileas, said so, even though the lore says otherwise). I still refer to Shale from Dragon Age: Origins as "he", even though the game clearly states that Shale is female. I'm of the opinion that female characters should be distinguished as such.

But, as I mentioned earlier, it's a personal preference thing.

EDIT: I should clarify before someone misinterprets me. By "distinguishing female characters," I do NOT mean wearing skin-tight outfits or showing skin. I usually prefer a bit more class in my female characters, so things like a champion's facial structure or hair stand out a bit more than the bunny ears they wear.

Sqimran

02-13-2013

I really feel like she look a bit like talon with the way her armor looks

Trylobyte

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
If you want a traditional archer, with a traditional fantasy get-up, with a traditional build, and a traditional design where female form expression trumps practically fighting the fight...
...you get Ashe.

On a more serious note, I initially thought she was male too, until I actually took more than five seconds to look at the picture. At that point it became clear she was either an understated 'normal' looking female or even more of a girly-man than Ezreal. Since the latter was unlikely, concluding she was female wasn't too hard.

Rhiljeryne

02-13-2013

I can't seem to shake this feeling her outfit and body type would fit very comfortably in a megaman X game or some promotional art of it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-13-2013
4 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
And this was the intended goal as you might remember =)

Directly incorporating the feedback that we didn't need a female to look overtly feminine to.. be.. ya know.. a female.

In other words, we were ok with that.