Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauron

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Silhouettes
Please talk about female bodies in this game. I feel like too many of them look the same. I think there's a lot of evidence supporting the idea that there is, in fact, one main "she's a girl" body with only alterations in armor.

Spew

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Because busty, half-naked supermodel is so original, right?
I'm not saying new champions should be half naked, I'm saying she looks like every other champ, but without her boobs out. Get the picture?

StonerSundays

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pn View Post
Meh I like valor's design
I will agree with this.

puppytime

02-13-2013

to be honest, i get what you meant as being a bit disappointed, BUT, after matering vayne with 400 games, i've been really expecting the next adc to come out, and seeing the net adc really have that vayne-look inside, with a blue eagle and that eagle gun bow, i am actually VERY HAPPY with the next adc, becasue now, my vayne got a twin...... so i think i will buy the skins for it too

Adumu

Recruiter

02-13-2013

Quote:
A minidress is not offensive or sexist. A minidress that looks like it was meant for going clubbing, on a character who lives in a harsh, arctic climate kind of is. Hope this helps!

Also rolling my eyes at another attempt at the tired and practically never applicable for this issue fantasy defense.
You know, arguing with people like you is useless. I'm sure you're fully certain of yourself being right, and that's okay. You have your opinion.

We, however, have our own opinion aswell. I'm presenting valid reasons, you just don't see them as valid because you're assured of your own correctness.

Also, you have to realize, changing characters design is a very risky business. If Ashe wasn't in her mini-dress, she would be unrecognizable. It wouldn't be Ashe. People would be pissed.

More people play Ashe than people who play Sejuani, I believe. So Sejuani's players would be pissed if they suddenly saw a heavily armored rider on the back of Bristle, and could barely recognize her as Sejuani. But, well, they would probably go relatively unnoticed because Sejuani isn't a very popular champion. And if Sejuani got a remake, visual and kit-wise, people would begin flocking to her. People who weren't Sej players beforehand. Thus, the old players will be left with a bitter taste in their mouths and the new players, who will likely outnumber the old, will be pleased.

It's a suckish thing to do. So, I'm fine with tweaking her skills, maybe making some changes to her model, but too many changes and it's going too far.

Wightraven

02-13-2013

She looks too much like Crimson Elite Riven... I hate Crimson Elite Riven. Fortunately I was hoping Riot would stop releasing champs I wanted to buy. Haven't had a break since Nami... now watch her kit be amazing and her release skin be even better.

ArmySquirrel

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumu View Post
If her death sound is anything like Ahri's, no one will be confused at all.
No, they'll still be confused about whether or not she actually died.

All jokes aside, I rather like Quinn's look, though I do feel oddly like her helmet reminds me of Talon. It does make me wish Diana had more armor though, I was actually thinking that a lot lately that most of her armor is rather curiously skin tight. Kinda makes me wish she had a proper suit of plate mail.

Detahmaio

02-13-2013

Quote:
Because busty, half-naked supermodel is so original, right?
user made skins are user made. She still has

Classic which looks good
Redeemed which again looks good
Crimsion elite which is pretty good

championship looks bad as

and wait here is the kicker

all her skins besides battle bunny goes with her lore.

Meth Hammer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Some quick context:
{snip}
She does not care about looking feminine, she cares about utility. Baggy fatigues which have hardened pockets, knee pads to dig into the ground to take a shot, no exposed flesh to take a graze.
{snip}
She has what equates to kevlar, thickened material able to resist a blade. She has Demacian signifiers all over her, and bird motifs worked in. She is functional but fantasy.
{snip}
This is my take. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine.
[snip]
If you want a traditional archer, with a traditional fantasy get-up, with a traditional build, and a traditional design where female form expression trumps practically fighting the fight, I am not your guy, and I'm glad to admit that.
Can hardly see a similarity- Jarvan wears more of a bodysuit, and it's sleeker and more rounded, has spikes. Quinn wears tons of bird-shaped pieces of leather. I'd honestly say that out of everything, her helms reminds me of Shyvanna the most (albeit lest pronounced). It looks fine.

Keep rocking on.

Fiora All Night

02-13-2013

Maybe it's just me, but the first time I saw Quinn's concept art "female ranger" was the first thing to pop into my head. Aragorn was a ranger and he didn't need traps or gear hanging off him to show it. It's a general aesthetic which I think Quinn pulls off very well.

Keep up the good work Parrot!