Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-13-2013
2 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Here we have Ashe.
Attachment 613862

Now here is what, according to the Lore, is what Quinn should look like. Note all the Gear she is carrying. While being fully clothed.
Attachment 613863
Technical note. Those characters would read nearly identical in our game with the exception of the cape and internal detail.

For an RTS such as LoL those would equate to two skins for the same character.

One thing to consider is how much we have to bust up silhouettes, internal details, and bodies in general to make things look remotely unique in game. There will be overlaps, quite often, but we treat those overlaps with context such as animation, VFX, VO, etc.

I tried a more standard form with Quinn. She started out with a jumpsuit. She ended up looking like Vayne and yet another woman with skin-tight clothing. That wasn't impactful, it was boring, and it was standard.

That silhouette you're giving an example of is the essentially the same sillouette if we were to build those and put them at a top-down 3 quarters view.

Adumu

Recruiter

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica View Post
I like her design and no one will think shes a guy once they actually play as her because of the in game sounds.
If her death sound is anything like Ahri's, no one will be confused at all.

chumbler

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
It really saddens me you're so ****ing blinded by this society's post-feminist bull**** you think a dress is so goddamn offensive.
A minidress is not offensive or sexist. A minidress that looks like it was meant for going clubbing, on a character who lives in a harsh, arctic climate kind of is. Hope this helps!

Also rolling my eyes at another attempt at the tired and practically never applicable for this issue fantasy defense.

vvvv While I think that her bird being her autoattack would have been cool, it would probably look really goofy at high attack speed, so it's for the best that she has an actual weapon.

PodunkTheMighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Technical note. Those characters would read nearly identical in our game with the exception of the cape and internal detail.

One thing to consider is how much we have to bust up silhouettes, internal details, and bodies in general to make things look remotely unique in game. There will be overlaps, quite often, but we treat those overlaps with context such as animation, VFX, VO, etc.

I tried a more standard form with Quinn. She started out with a jumpsuit. She ended up looking like Vayne and yet another woman with skin-tight clothing. That wasn't impactful, it was boring, and it was standard.

That silhouette you're giving an example of is the essentially the same sillouette if we were to build those and put them at a top-down 3 quarters view.
But Quinn's silhouette is pretty boring... The little spiky edges to her costume look like a forced attempt to fix that. I don't think she's bad, but I don't think she's all that exciting either. And I was kinda hoping her bird would be her autoattack. Now that would make her feel unique.

Detahmaio

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbadurban View Post
Shes not a *****, I dont like her- Half of the LoL community
try reading at least the last 3 pages before posting you look like a jackass. it's not about her looking like a **** it's about the armor design and the lore that was written about her.

Spew

02-13-2013

Looks like rivens skin, mixed with vayne, ****ing gay dude. Riots losing the originality

VuIpix

02-13-2013

Am i the only one that sees a female talon? xD

StonerSundays

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

Im not saying that it NEEDS to look like the secodn photo, what i meant by it was, if Quinn is indeed a tracker, ranger,scout thingy-mabob, then why doesn't it show? Packs, traps other things that should be there on said "type of character". Maybe its just the concept leaving a bad taste, but i just don't see how her look, fits the lore you had given us, Sir.

chumbler

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spew View Post
Looks like rivens skin, mixed with vayne, ****ing gay dude. Riots losing the originality
Because busty, half-naked supermodel is so original, right?

P4iN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Meh I like valor's design