Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ocyron

02-13-2013

Personally, I like the design of Quinn except for one thing; I really don't like the helmet. Like, REALLY don't like it. I understand putting a helmet on her; it's practical, it provides protection. But I find it to be totally aesthetically unappealing. I'm very interested in Quinn, so I'm hoping her skin is something a little more appealing. I don't need a Miss Fortune style sexpot; I just want something a little more aesthetically pleasing than what is provided by her default with that helmet.

Also, anyone else think she looks like she could be Jarvan IV's sister?

Daemon

02-13-2013

I like how he posts this here and gets tons of upvotes, but posts it in another thread and gets downvoted to hell.

Am I missing something here? I don't get why people are so angry that she's not busty or typical. People complained when the "Boobtastic Trio" came out (Syndra, Elise, Zyra) and now they're complaining not enough boobs.

THlS NEVER HAPPENS WITH MALE CHAMPIONS.

Recovery 13

02-13-2013

I personally like her entire design including her helmet. But to each his/her own.

Still can't wait for more info on her, and for her to be released to PBE.

Forlon

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hand to the ground. Eyes to the sky.

Demacia needs heroes.
Parrot..... Interesting. Anyone else notice the "ammo" on her cross bow? Possible Ammo system or just for show?

Zigma Hymn

02-13-2013

Too bad she looks like a dude. Guess I'll wait for free week to see if she is any fun. Maybe is just that art, there is not that something that tells me she is a girl regardless of being in full armor.

ClearlyLucid

02-13-2013

But I love her Design. =( I want you to be proud of your work IronStylus, I know I am. What I say means nothing at all, but I am personally extremely happy with her. =) That's how I feel.

Finch Toast

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigma Hymn View Post
Too bad she looks like a dude. Guess I'll wait for free week to see if she is any fun. Maybe is just that art, there is not that something that tells me she is a girl regardless of being in full armor.
you can make out her small waist and her c cup from that concept art plus the image in the bottom right is has rather feminine features.

HowardDeanFan

02-13-2013

Am I wrong in thinking she looks a bit like Blue Falcon? Also, my only disappointment is that she wasn't a falcon rider Otherwise, her design is pretty tight.

Tigernmas

02-13-2013

First of all I feel I should say that this is Ironstylus's design and therefore it's his own choice how heavily armored she gets to be. If you aren't a Riot designer then you are simply along for the ride. If you have an issue with a champion don't buy that champion, you are not a special snowflake, you are one of the herd, your opinion on the appearance of champions surprisingly is of no importance to the design team.

Secondly I invite you to read her full journal before judging her clothing, towards the end of the journal it says she was granted a place among Demacia's elite. Going from being a person of a lower class to a member of the city's elite would be something of huge importance to her and she would most certainly want to look the part, especially if she was granted the honor by the king himself. Her somewhat extravagant armor is a reward and a status symbol. For the people who say it is not fitting to her role as an assassin/huntress style champion take a closer look at it, it is mainly leather or fabric except at main joints and points of weakness, such as the knees, neck, shoulders and elbows, this would provide her with mobility as well as protection from slashing attacks or crushing attacks that humans are incredibly susceptible to.

Tl;Dr : This is Ironstylus's design not yours, you are not special and you do not deserve development fanservice. The armor is a status symbol for her new place in Demacian society and is very effective for a mobile, ranged based champion.

phattank

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Regarding femininity, I was called out long ago when Sejuani released for making the reasoning that Sejuani might wear less clothing so that "you can tell she's female." That is an invalid argument and a sad excuse to design a particular way. A ranger, an elite, doesn't care whether you can tell they are a female or a male. They are interested in getting the job done, and having the gear to do so.
I love you.