Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JevelFaithful

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMysteryx View Post
swain/leona than swain/vayne though
Maybe I'm not focussed enough on hte bird, but she reminded me of jarvan/vayne. Tought leona too. Now that people meniton her.

JevelFaithful

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krofinn View Post
I think your friends watch too much anime, where men look like women and women look even more like women.
You gotta admit she looks masculine at first sight. Especially when you're used to the average league style.

Sisuwolf

02-13-2013

Has anyone else noticed that Quinn looks very, very similar to Iron Solari Leona. Like an exact copy with slightly different colors. Add Vayne's weapon and Swain's bird-ness. But really almost the exact same as Iron Solari Leona. Not a bad thing since Iron Solari Leona is one of my favorite characters, but ... She looks .... Iron Solari Leona. Iron Solari Leona. Iron Solari Leona. Way too similar.

Fappie

02-13-2013

How the new League of Legends champion came to be:

She was a town wench who slept with Jarvan, she stole his armour and ran off. As she was escaping she tripped over the rat known as Twitch. Twitch fell unconscious, seeing this as an opportunity, she stole his crossbow, THEN she slept with Swain and stole his bird, which she took to Vi who killed it and made it all mechanical. Vi and the new champ proceeded to sleep together.

Vree

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bropirate View Post
How the new League of Legends champion came to be:

She was a town wench who slept with Jarvan, she stole his armour and ran off. As she was escaping she tripped over the rat known as Twitch. Twitch fell unconscious, seeing this as an opportunity, she stole his crossbow, THEN she slept with Swain and stole his bird, which she took to Vi who killed it and made it all mechanical. Vi and the new champ proceeded to sleep together.
Oh god I lold

IS160eec3c807a7f5e4c2ad

02-13-2013

Not sure if boy or girl.

Orphane

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
Once again Iron Stylus shows his fetish for making champions resemble his wife be it look wise or personality. Leona, Diana and now Quin.

Also it's getting rather old how champion concepts are getting their gender changed and then looking bland. This chick looks like a rule 63 Jarvan, which is a shame because the original concept art for this design looked amazing.

Here is the original concept art which got made into her.
Nice jumping to conclusions, dude. I don't see how that concept art, which is like 3-4 years old, remotely looks like it would have turned into the concept art today. All they share in common is that there is a raptor involved in the theme. It even says right there on the art Eagle Rider. Eagle RIDER.

Chibodee Crocket

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Nice jumping to conclusions, dude. I don't see how that concept art, which is like 3-4 years old, remotely looks like it would have turned into the concept art today. All they share in common is that there is a raptor involved in the theme. It even says right there on the art Eagle Rider. Eagle RIDER.
And Gavid the Plant King was a king. Who became Zyra.

The Iron Engineer was an engineer, he became Blitzcrank.

Priscilla was the Victorian era spider queen who became Elise.

Your point? Concept art is the concept, it's not identical. Hence why it's called concept. Also for many of these champions their ability name and tooltips icons were known and the champions they became closely mimic them.

edit: Also now confirmed by IronStylus that Quinn was a male in her concept art, pretty good case now that she was Eagle Rider.

KGBElite

02-13-2013

Looks like J4, just the hyped GD over new champ. Move along now sheep

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

I knew they wanted to do another Vayne but one that everyone knew was from Demacia but they didn't need to go so overboard. And they didn't need to use the same face Leona has.