So Jarvan, Xin Zhao, and Vi all do too baseline. Riddle for you Morello.

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rathadin

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
Now everyone will rush Warmogs. These champions were picked up to combat the offenders. Time to perma-ban Elise and play Cho'Gath and Hecarim.
What are you talking about... everyone's already doing that... even ADCs are building Warmog's eventually.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
I have a riddle for you Morello.

What starts with % that all of these champions have?

Here's a tip: There's actually two of it.

In before: Having %health damage and %armor shred doesn't make you OP automatically. Nope, but it sure as hell helps! Worst yet is Vi turns in to SuperJax late game while building no items at all. Seriously, remove %armor shreds and %health shreds from anything except VERY rare instances. You shouldn't be able to shred 15% or 20% of a target's armor off just because you touched them. At least Jarvan has to hit a skill shot and doesn't have 100% uptime.

One of these days I'm going to play Udyr, stack resistances, and not become useless in team fights because everyone and their mother gets free %resistance shreds these days.
Yeah - I think this is not off-point. It might not be what we hit in each, but I think this is a good commonality to look at.

When we get closer to messing with this (it's not the next patch), we'll talk more about the details. For now, theory away!

Colonel J

02-12-2013

Below Morello!

NotBuzzJack

02-12-2013

Drop the base values on Vi's W.

Reduce the armor shred duration on Jarvan's Q.

Smikro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

People will always think Morello is in charge of every single balance change, even though he is working on other things now.

The Nerf Master Suck Town reputation precedes you. D:

Teralisan

02-12-2013

riiiiiiiiiiiiight
HP is not overpowered....
oh look
I am an HP Stacking Garen
I just walked into a 1v5 and died... after getting two kills...

VanceStubbs

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
%hp damage wasn't all that op until people started stacking hp
Makes me quiestion why people complaining abot this.

So HP stacking is oh so bad?
Then why is its main counter OP then?

DUNKED

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
Blow Morello!
What???

A Dying Dream

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smikro View Post
People will always think Morello is in charge of every single balance change, even though he is working on other things now.

The Nerf Master Suck Town reputation precedes you. D:
He's still the Big Kahuna. What else is there? Tryndamere, who pops up here and there, usually in response to the major community vs Riot threads and Zileas, who throws people off balance by talking about noodles.

We no longer get Guinsoo posts... pretty much ever. Phreak posts are rare, to say the least.

Have you ever given any thought to just how many people Morello had to slap around to make sure that the entirely of the Season 3 patch was against Irelia?

Mirror

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yeah - I think this is not off-point. It might not be what we hit in each, but I think this is a good commonality to look at.

When we get closer to messing with this (it's not the next patch), we'll talk more about the details. For now, theory away!
How much do you think toning down health will do to re-balance the bruisers? Elusive Xypherous quotes not withstanding, I'm just curious how much you think relatively standard dudes (J4, Xin, even Garen) becoming monsters in the past weeks can be chalked up to the Warmog's.

12345678 ... 12