For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cricket demon

02-12-2013

T R U N D L E? jesus christ morello we need to discuss the most left out of all

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
Riot: League of Legends

Blizzard:
Starcraft franchise
Starcraft - Awesome game. Very popular.
Starcraft II - Years in the making. Constant setbacks. Now 3 separate releases years apart. Milking players for all their moneys.

Diablo franchise
Diablo - Awesome game. Very popular.
Diablo II - Again. Very well done.
Diablo III - Years in the making. Over-hyped. Extreme letdown.

Warcraft franchise
Warcraft - Good game.
Warcraft II - Good game.
Warcraft III - Good game.
WoW Vanilla - Great game. Obviously.
WoW BC - Still doing great! Loving it.
WoW WotLK - Blizzard. What are you doing?
WoW Pandaria - Stahp!

My own personal view on Blizzard. Oh, and before you begin toting to the superiority of Blizzard I must ask you this: Do you even remember the days and sometimes weeks of WoW server downtime with no compensation?
Bull**** on your last part, I got free game time SO xxxxing often it was totally worth it. There would be one day of downtime and I'd have 2 days of extra time put on my account. You're smoking something if you think Blizzard didn't compensate.

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbx View Post
Edit: And look at that. The 6th Riot post in this thread confirms the development of Dragon Master Swain. Riot's bad?

Just be thankful you never had to deal with OGPlanet, and if you did you'll know what I'm talking about. Riot is excellent compared to them. Riot actually listen to our pleas, which they don't have to do. They also have large contact with the community and take great care of their game. Champions being released in IP? If OGP had the game I don't even think runes would be IP.

They know nothing about game balance.
Nothing about player satisfaction.
No player communications.
Ridiculous pricing and money grubbing events (without as much reward as Riot actually puts out for it).

I dunno. I just think about how bad OGP is whenever somebody complains about Riot and I think to myself they haven't seen a damn thing on how bad this gaming industry really can be.

DO NOT get me started on terrible lore/storyline.

Pretty much this too. They throw money grubbing events with like 5-10 winners, so you could be spending money for nothing. Not to mention the gacha/gambling systems in most of them that usually leave you with nothing.

Dear sir, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been through OGPlanet, Ntreev, Nexon, Gamerage, IAHGames, hell even actual Tencent run games.

I consider those companies as pure sh!t. That doesn't stop me from being deeply disappointed with Riot slipping down the toilet slope as they mature, much like many gaming companies.

You talk as if LoL has a lore. Well it kinda did, but that department turned into pure sh!t too thanks to more money saving restructuring.

LGD Frokid

02-12-2013

Riot makes poor choices every once in awhile.
However, that is simply because they are human. No matter how hard people may try, they ALWAYS make mistakes. Riot is one of the better game companies i have played under, and for that I am grateful.
Riot listens more to its playerbase than most companies, for better or worst.

kjj92

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We will do this skin - I'm sure of that.
ALL OF MY Rp!!

Revelationz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Okay okay, I'm sorry Morello.

exe3

02-12-2013

Quote:
I always found this funny. Does Indie mean "not successful?"

Valve is technically an indie company, but I feel like "indie" means "has no resources/small scope."
I personally feel there's a difference between indie and independent. Indie are the small teams of people in their garage. Independent are those like Valve who are big, pretty secure but are still their own company.

Cricket demon

Tila Tequila

02-12-2013

I just wanted to say, and expect that someone from Riot see it (because I already made a thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post34351273), that my experience with the new league system has been horrible. I just want an answer if it is just bad luck, or the matchmaking system got a tweak. Every single game of my ranked matches are one-sided,the skill level is way too different from one team compared to the other. I feel that this new system also punishes way too hard losing games.

exe3

02-12-2013

Quote:
I sure as Hell wouldn't have an 8-man live balance team doing an item rework and balance if I wanted to focus on money.
Are you saying that the live balance team is only 8 people? If so how does the team decide on their balance given that a game needs 10 people? I'm curious as to how it works as I guess they don't play games to determine balance.

Quote:
A big subject I want to spend more time on - but you'll be seeing an extensive thing on this around the release. Lots of infos.
Was about to ask the same question. I can't wait for this as I question whether Karma is really desperately in need for a remake or whether she's just suffering extremely from bad perception and in truth is good with only minor tweaks (specifically to W) needed.