For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEnygma

02-12-2013

I might as well ask: do you know when Quinn's hitting the PBE? and when Karma rework is going in it, or at least the present state of it?

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
34 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasurewizard View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3089271

Hey look its a thread about warwick. Who put that there?
I agree WW is weak. Want to fix.

MARCANDRE

02-12-2013

Morello, why are you so damn sexy?

Pleasurewizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Heard it here first people. Full warwick rework 2017! Confirmed by morello.

Metta

02-12-2013

Quote:
Fighters and the state of top lane.
Is there any chance you guys will give a slight buff to ADs? You've really hit them hard this patch both directly and indirectly.

Total Nerfs since season 2:

-5% AS Berserker's Greaves
-5% AS Phantom Dancer
-6% MS Phantom Dancer (unit collision, but i'd rather have the MS)
-2% Life Steal Bloodthirster
+200g increase on Bloodthirster
-10 AD on Infinity Edge
+175g on Last Whisper. Armor Pen calculations also nerfed.
-Armor & -MR on Guardian Angel. Also revive with less HP in GA now.
Attack Speed Elixir gone

Masteries
- Armor Pen %, AD all decreased (Can't remember exact numbers)
- No more lifesteal in offensive tree.

Most of the items and balance changes in S3 seems to mainly benefit bruisers (which indirectly nerf AD).

Gap closing bruisers. unkillable gap closing unkiteable bruisers everywhere.

BeatRushVII

02-12-2013

I've played on / worked for some truly terrible servers, riot is nowhere near bad. Bad was selling a $300 armor set on rising force online, one the devs knew didn't give nearly half the stats it said it did, lol.

PallasAthens

02-12-2013

Also, Morello, while I'm here, I was one of the first advocates of Dragon Master Swain(..By posting my support), so here are my demands-
Theme Skin(Don't even have to put it on sale, it will be that amazing).
Level 1-5-He has no dragons flying around him, launches his spells from his cane/hand.

Level 6-He gains one dragon, This dragon becomes the conduit for his Q(Flamethrower?). his ultimate form is a partially humanoid dragon head.

Level 11-He gains one more dragon to fly around him. This one takes over his E, The Dragon launches a fireball that sets the enemy on fire. His ultimate for is a Partially full dragon head with a tail.

Level 16-The final Dragon. This one takes over his W. When he uses W, The dragon fires a ring of fire that then erupts in a fire spin that snares the opponent(Think..Fire Spin from pokemon, and their ability to stop a pokemon from being switched out.) His ultimate form, he's a full dragon. He gains the wings, Fully formed head, claws, you name it.

Special bonuses could be Icon/Banner like Ezreal.

Roit pls :3

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
35 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeIIow 13 View Post
Also, Morello, while I'm here, I was one of the first advocates of Dragon Master Swain(..By posting my support), so here are my demands-
Theme Skin(Don't even have to put it on sale, it will be that amazing).
Level 1-5-He has no dragons flying around him, launches his spells from his cane/hand.

Level 6-He gains one dragon, This dragon becomes the conduit for his Q(Flamethrower?). his ultimate form is a partially humanoid dragon head.

Level 11-He gains one more dragon to fly around him. This one takes over his E, The Dragon launches a fireball that sets the enemy on fire. His ultimate for is a Partially full dragon head with a tail.

Level 16-The final Dragon. This one takes over his W. When he uses W, The dragon fires a ring of fire that then erupts in a fire spin that snares the opponent(Think..Fire Spin from pokemon, and their ability to stop a pokemon from being switched out.) His ultimate form, he's a full dragon. He gains the wings, Fully formed head, claws, you name it.

Special bonuses could be Icon/Banner like Ezreal.

Roit pls :3
This is important - and I hate to be this guy - but I specifically will not agree to meet anything laid out in a spec. I think setting that expectation that we'll implement, line-by-line, a suggestion is really dangerous.

We will make Dragon Master Swain, and it will be amazing. Will it be the exact same as every piece of the idea? Not likely.

Sylviqt

02-12-2013

Morello,

Firstly, thanks for taking time to answer a lot of questions, but I have one more for you if you have time.

I don't think directly nerfing Warmogs/Health Meta (whatever you want to call it) will solve many problems, because then people will flock to the next best thing, whether we fall back on resistances again, or go in a completely new direction.

If you know; what are your current plans to address these problems, that is; the consequences of nerfing Health, which is bought in large due to it's efficiency in price, and effectiveness in game due to the increase in price of resistance stats (as Xyph. has pointed out before in another post, iirc).

You already stated you think fighters and top lane are a big problem, and I agree, most of these tanky-dps end up being exceptionally strong, that even turrets and constant poking tend to not be too much of a deterrent to prevent these monsters from jumping into the frey.

Furthermore, I just feel top lane is way too one sided, level 2 ganks are exceptionally scary, and passive play due to the possibility of a gank will prevent your ability to safely get CS, which causes you to fall behind, and is very, very hard to come back from.

Do you know of any of the plans to help mitigate these problems (if you even view them as a problem)?

MoooveZiiig

02-12-2013

Quote:
Squeeeeeeee!