For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiStorm

02-12-2013

I like your recent balances Morello.

Can't keep everything 100% when new strategies come out daily and I guess responding carefully is for the best, especially when reacting too quickly can stop some of the other ideas from emerging and when it comes to reworks in progress, I'd say it's better if they are balanced into a more balanced environment.

I'd hate to see Karma OP.

Badfur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Without going into detail: you're confusing figuring out a problem and fixing a problem, and the deliberations surrounding prioritizing the former.
So.. what you're saying is.. you're not wizards. This makes me kind of sad.

(For the confused: Per the thoughts of Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden (or his author, Jim Butcher) "As a wizard, if you're ready to address a problem, then it's likely that you'll be able to come up with something that will let you deal with it."

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

@Riot: Regarding your implicit lack of self-satisfaction that allows you to always drive forward and think of ways to improve; have you ever taken other thinking strategies to develop improvement methods too? The example I'm thinking about "How can we avoid being more like <Insert failure/disreputable company here>?"
If the answer to the previous question is "Yes", would you answer "No"? To be fair, you don't have to actually answer this. Just please don't become like Ankama Games; maker of fantastic IP and then trample on expectations of fans due to disappointing business model and poor iterative update design. (Not that I think you would, but sometimes a good way to cross the bridge is to look down every now and then)

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
31 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
The fact that you may, or may not have put money into the game is irrelevant. People that are complaining about a specific issues shows them what they could be doing better. Criticism is more useful than blind praise.
Wanted to point this out - the expectations of our game can not and should not be lower based on the price point. I agree with you here entirely.

Zerglinator

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I am responsible, just not in tough with the details (mostly guiding philosophy). It's still my fault this exists, at the end of the day!
I feel like the best way to insult Morello at this point is to tell him it's not his fault.

HEY MORELLO! IRELIA'S DOMINANCE IS ENTIRELY OUT OF YOUR HANDS!

NightFire666

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I am responsible, just not in tough with the details (mostly guiding philosophy). It's still my fault this exists, at the end of the day!

Actually, Warmongs is in a fine place right now. the only reason it's broken is we had an item that took damage depending on the health the enemy had. Madreds razor I think. It was the green claw thing.

We don't have that anymore. And Blade of the Ruined King isn't strong enough.

Alongside that, AP bursters can dominate a game way too easily with no farm. Akali, LeBlanc, and Ahri are prime examples. A simple fix would be to add more cheap AP items that the ADC can get. Other then the extremely expensive 810 Negatron or 400 Null Mantle. Both of which offer less defense then the 475 Health Ruby.

Adding in a 1200 item that builds into a damage/sustain item that can be built into with Null Mantly and Negatron would help the ADC survive the AP burtsters.

Buffing Blade of the Ruined King shuts down Health champs.

And leaving AP champs where they currently stand fixes a lot of your problems.

Cricket demon

02-12-2013

trundle?

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
32 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAGRAT LIE View Post
What would you say the most broken or unbalanced part of league of legends is right now?
Fighters and the state of top lane.

HolyChalice

02-12-2013

All this talk about Warmogs..Personally I think there should be another %hp shred item similar to BotRK that doesn't have an active for range users maybe give it some movement speed as a passive

KiStorm

02-12-2013

My list of OP:

Hecarim.
Xin Zhao.
Amumu.
Mundo.

Most of the Champions I think are OP are tanks, not even because of warmogs, because of farm being far less important and the game being more fast paced. Theres a lot to it, but this whole denying top laners their main gp10, denying carries their farm and buffing all mages with DFG and Zhonyas changes hasnt helped balance issues a lot, tanky junglers are becoming a nuisance for me personally, but that's my take on season 3.