For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightFire666

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket demon View Post
lol@morello herm and karma you're serious? WHAT THE **** ABOUT TRUNDLE?
Or Akali, Garren, Draven, Cait, LeBlanc, GankPlank, Sona, Darius, Kassadin, and a **** ton of others that are in dire need of buffs and nerfs.

HolyChalice

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostazombie View Post
Well it's pretty much well known that the balance for this game is horrid. And the fact that the tribunal is flawed is also alienating much of the playerbase.
Ya no kidding I look at whenever Riot posts about the Tribunal they make it out to be the perfect thing ever except I think it actually makes the game worse it turns everyone into carebears that will report you for the slightest thing you do and you can get banned for harassment when there is a mute/ignore function and believe me I use the ignore/mute function quite extensively no reporting necessary.

Arechon Gend

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotOpti View Post
Wanted to speak to this specific topic in this post and let you know that the #FeaturedDiscussion project is actually a Community team initiative. Morello doesn't Stick these posts, though I can totally understand why it would seem this way, given that a lot of the threads featured involve his posts. In fact, the intent of this program is to highlight forum threads that show particularly interesting player-Rioter interactions. As you know, threads move really quickly on these boards, so we thought it would be cool to make these kinds of threads more visible and easier to access for the average forum-goer.
Then I think we need a sticky on new map discussion........................................ .....

Except that will never get through Riot's bias.

Tspiggs

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
An economist could easily make the argument by doing what Riot does it is maximizing profits anyway by appealing to a wider playbase of customers and it's this policy which attracts and continues to attract new customers (and keep current ones)---be careful with this one Morello.
A company that in business to maximize profits would be following the shareholders model. This means that the companies only social responsibility is to maximize profits which in turn maximizes shareholders wealth and satisfaction. For Riot to do this they would charge a monthly rate and/or remove IP all together and make you buy champs with RP.

Riot is actually following the Stakeholders model. The stakeholder would not only be the shareholders, but also the employees, customers, ect. The most important of these stakeholders would be the customers. Without the customers there would be reason to make this game. The customers must realize though that they cant be overly demanding, like many of the players of this game, because there needs to be some kind of income flow for the company to be operational. By having IP as a component in the game that allows you to buy champs for free is appealing to the wide player base.

These two terms are learned by every student in the introductory management/economics class at any college or university. Your post shows your complete lack of understanding of anything that has to do with economics.

NightFire666

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arechon Gend View Post
Then I think we need a sticky on new map discussion........................................ .....

Except that will never get through Riot's bias.

Riot will make new maps. God help them if they don't. With the release of FAIL after FAIL. It's cause loads of players to quit this game left and right. The last thing keeping players here are the **** on some of the female champions.

If Riot doesn't get their **** together, we gonna have another GW2.

Mooseville

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We could do more to optimize this though if we wanted - it would just hurt players and the game to do it, so we won't.

Engagement equating to business success DOES keep things honest in my mind though, which I love.
Hey Morello and other Reds

I always see tons of threads showing mass support for fan created skin concepts to be officially made by Riot (Ex. Gentleman Singed, Digger Rumble, Dragon Master Swain, Void Fizz, Girls Generation Ahri, Brorelia, Firedancer Draven). These suggestions usually get a fair amount of Red support and gets the fans of said concepts excited for the possibility of it coming to fruition.

So, in order for us players to further support and actually progress the process, I propose that once every quarter (maybe longer depending on how you feel about the idea) Riot holds a public poll listing fan skin ideas. Once a winner has been decided then that skin will be created . This idea could only yield positive results, as it will be viewed as a huge Fan Service from a PR point of view, and it also expands the repertoire of skins with a wide variety of creative ideas.

@Morello: Is this an idea that would possibly interest you, and what would you think of this becoming a reality?

Sawyerman

02-12-2013

i want to know whatever is gonna happen to jarvan's ult, its buggy as all hell since his release, a lot of people are talking about it and nothing ever came out of riot's staff to address this issue

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
24 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwitt View Post
While i dont necessarily feel the same sentiments as others in this thread i'll answer your question with a question.

Do you believe Riot is currently doing its fullest to meet the expectations of the average userbase. That is to say (excluding E-sports) does this product in your opinion feel as whole as you'd want it to be as a normal player or does it feel like its lacking in areas ?
There's never a time I'll be able to answer "yes" to this - I think part of what makes us a good company is a lack of comfort and self-satisfaction with our product because it ensures we're always trying to think of how to improve.

I don't think the expectation I have is that we're ever "perfect" or "done," because if we don't feel the need to improve, then we are failing.

Gooey Panties

02-12-2013

Im under morello!

Feel my thighs.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

02-12-2013
25 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelberry View Post
Some of the things are very easy to fix, most of the bugs with the client are most likely 1 line changes (if they aren't then there is a serious problem with your programming team who work on the client) and these are ignored. It's not obvious, everyone is aware of them even Rioters yet they go unchecked. Don't try and pull that card that "things are complex", no they really aren't (I'll give some credit to the Mac team as they're probably the ones who are working the hardest) However anything else could be considered quite binary, and if it isn't then there is a problem with the foundation that your game resides on.
Without going into detail: you're confusing figuring out a problem and fixing a problem, and the deliberations surrounding prioritizing the former.